Andrew Harrison > Hodge Jones & Allen > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Hodge Jones & Allen Offices
180 NORTH GOWER STREET
- Go to...
Andrew is a Partner in the Medical Negligence team. He has a wide range of experience including birth-related injuries to mother and child, brain damage following surgery (for example after late removal of untreated tumours) and other maximum severity cases involving disablement or life-limiting injuries. He also handles orthopaedic claims (negligent hip/knee replacement for example), cosmetic and dental surgery claims, fatal claims involving substantial dependency awards and all other types of clinical negligence claims. Andrew has handled a claim for the family of a 32 year old Portuguese mother of three who died when five months pregnant following negligent removal of an ovary instead of an infected appendix. Two junior surgeons operated on her unsupervised and there were proceedings relating to practice at the GMC as a result.
Trained Kingsford Stacey; qualified 1992; associate Edwards Duthie 1993-99; Kennedys 1999-2002; partner Sternberg Reed 2002-15; partner Hodge Jones & Allen 2015.
Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
• Stonyhurst College; Queen Mary College, London (1987 LLB (Hons))
• Manchester Metropolitan University (1988 Law Society Finals)
Family; music; comedy; long distance running.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Private client > Court of protection
- Employment > Employees/unions
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)