James Leo > The Wilkes Partnership > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
The Wilkes Partnership Offices
41 CHURCH STREET
- Go to...
Partner & Head of Employment
Having joined Wilkes in 2019 from Coley & Tilley Solicitors, James Leo is a Partner and Head of our Employment Law team based in Birmingham City Centre.
James has substantial experience of handling a wide variety of employment law related matters for his clients. He also works closely with the firm’s Corporate team, advising business owners on the most cost-effective and practical routes forward for both themselves and their employees.
He regularly advises clients on matters such as TUPE (Transfer of Undertakings, Protection of Employment), Restrictive Covenants, defending whistleblowing as well as defending employers against accusations of disability and race discrimination.
Aside from having over 20 years’ experience as a specialist employment lawyer James is also comfortable advising clients on general litigation related matters regarding their businesses.
Throughout his career James has prided himself on offering clients real value for money, coupled with providing accessible, sound and trustworthy advice across the full spectrum of business sizes and sectors
Employment Lawyers Association
James Leo spearheads a ‘very helpful’ team at The Wilkes Partnership, which primarily acts for employers as well as senior executives. It covers the full range of contentious and non-contentious employment services. The group covers a broad range of issues from TUPE and discrimination claims to also advising on restrictive covenants. Pam Sidhu has a particular focus on issues surrounding the management of international workforces.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Family: Birmingham
- Employment > Immigration
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Employment > Employment
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation