Mr Asaf Rimon > Epstein Rosenblum Maoz (ERM) > Tel Aviv, Israel > Lawyer Profile
Epstein Rosenblum Maoz (ERM) Offices
Alon Towers, Tower 2, 36th Floor
94 Yigal Alon Street
Tel Aviv, 6789156
- Go to...
Mr Asaf Rimon
Corporate & M&A; Energy & Infrastructure
Asaf’s corporate and M&A practice is focused on advising international and Israeli corporations, high-tech companies and start-ups on their M&A activity and other transactions such as financing, debt restructuring and strategic agreements.
Asaf regularly advises foreign corporations on their assets and operations in Israel in relation to a wide range of legal aspects.
Asaf’s energy and infrastructure practice is focused on project finance, Oil & Gas and public tenders. His expertise in oil and gas stems from his extensive experience working on transactions in Europe, Africa and the Middle East, giving him firsthand knowledge of the sector. He has advised on a wide range of commercial and corporate matters including joint ventures, asset disposals and acquisitions, corporate acquisitions, joint operating, farm in and concession agreements, production sharing contracts, drilling agreements, joint bidding agreements and financings.
Corporate and M&A
- Shandong Highspeed Group and Longxin Construction Group Ltd. on their operations and investments in Israel.
- Skytanking Holding Gmbh on its acquisition of a major controlling stake in Mercury Aviation Israel Ltd., an aviation fuel handling service provider holding concession rights at Ben Gurion International Airport.
- Innogy SE (the renewable energy subsidiary of German utility RWE) on its acquisition of Belectric, PV and storage specialist.
- Red Sea Group on the disposal of a group of foreign holding companies in the hotel industry.
- Kape Technologies on its international M&A activities.
- VC funds (Virgin Green, Gemini, Pitango, Carmel, Israel Cleantech, Tamir Fishman, Evergreen and Apax) on numerous venture capital financings in hi-tech and bio-technology companies.
Energy & Infrastructure
- A consortium of international banks on Israeli aspects of an up to US$1 billion project financing, in respect of the development of the Leviathan gas field.
- NTA – Metropolitan Mass Transit System on the Tel-Aviv light railway project.
- Oil Spill Response Limited (OSRL) on its Subsea Wells Response Project. OSRL is an industry-owned cooperative which exists to respond effectively to oil spills wherever in the world they may occur.
- Barclays Capital and HSBC on a $430 million facility made available to Delek and Dor Alon for the development of the Tamar natural gas field.
- An international oil company on the US$720m disposal of its interests in three producing oil and gas assets onshore North Africa. The transaction (structured as a corporate sale) was conducted via a private tender process.
- Modi’in Energy, an Israeli oil & gas exploration partnership, on a dispute in relation to an off-shore drilling contract and joint operations.
- RWE Dea AG on its sale of its interests in off shore exploration licenses in Europe.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Epstein Rosenblum Maoz (ERM)‘s infrastructure practice is frequently sought out by international and multinational companies and consortiums for its expertise in cross-border work, including project financing and tenders. Headed by Amnon Epstein, the team also assists Israeli firms in large-scale international tenders and domestic projects. Recently promoted partner Chen Weiss regularly advises Israeli and international companies in energy-related infrastructure projects, while Asaf Rimon is noted for his extensive knowledge of the infrastructure sector.
Epstein Rosenblum Maoz (ERM)’s ‘dedicated and professional’ team specialises in renewable energy initiatives, providing bespoke advice to leading international and Israeli companies. The department has experience in assisting entities in solar energy projects and water desalination systems, as well as representing businesses in public tenders. ‘Leading energy lawyer’ Amnon Epstein regularly acts for lenders, sponsors and EPC contractors in relation to complex energy schemes, while Asaf Rimon is an expert in oil and gas transactions involving various jurisdictions. Chen Weiss is a ‘skillful lawyer’, bringing expertise in agreements for construction and M&A transactions in the energy sector.