Nir Kehat > Arnon, Tadmor-Levy > Israel, Israel > Lawyer Profile
Arnon, Tadmor-Levy Offices
132 Menachem Begin Road, Azrieli Center, Tel Aviv 6702101
31 Hillel Street, Jerusalem 9458131
- Go to...
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Administrative Law and Regulation
- Bankruptcy and Liquidation
- Class Actions
- Defense and Homeland Security
- Financial Institutions
- Life Sciences, Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals
Nir is a partner in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice with 25 years of experience in representing clients in courts, semi-judicial tribunals, arbitrations, and alternate dispute resolution proceedings.
Among Nir’s representations:
- Multi-million-dollar toxic tort claims filed by over 100 soldiers claiming adverse health effects as a result of their exposure to toxic chemicals in the Kishon River during their military service. Further toxic tort claims were filed by over 50 fishermen who were exposed to these chemicals during their work on the Kishon River. All claims were rejected by the Haifa District Court. An appeal to the Supreme Court was also rejected.
- Multi-million-dollar toxic tort claim filed by over 90 residents living near the Ramat Hovav industrial area claiming adverse health effects as a result of their exposure to toxic chemicals emitted from Ramat Hovav industrial area. All claims were rejected by the Beer Sheva District Court. An appeal to the Supreme Court was also rejected.
- Multi-million-dollar arbitration involving a claim for 50% of the value of Israel’s largest oil company. A precedential Supreme Court Decision on arbitration law was given relating one of the arbitrator’s interim decisions.
- Multi-million-dollar dispute between a prominent Israeli Bank, several foreign banks and other parties, relating to seven steel shipments to Israel that were released from port without the original bill of loading, which was held in trust by the Israeli Bank.
- Multi-million-dollar toxic tort claim filed by 7 workers (and heirs of deceased workers) from Israel’s largest port claiming adverse health effects as a result of their exposure to radiation emitted from several minerals transported through the port.
- Multi-million-dollar tort claim filed by two hemophiliac patients who claimed they were infected by HIV and Hepatitis B as a result of contaminated blood factors produced by defendants. Both claims were rejected. An appeal to the Supreme Court was rejected.
- Multi-million-dollar class action against an Israeli mortgage bank relating to the insurance payments made after the borrower’s death. The class action was rejected by the Tel-Aviv District Court. An appeal to the Supreme Court was also rejected.
- Multi-million-dollar class action against Israeli insurance companies relating to the question of whether VAT should be added to insurance benefits under certain circumstances. The class action was rejected by the District Court and an appeal to the Supreme Court was also rejected.
- Multi-million-dollar class action against an Israeli insurance company. The class action was rejected by the Tel-Aviv District Court, and an appeal to the Supreme Court was also rejected.
- Multi-million-dollar class actions relating to spillage of sewage waste into the Ayalon River, and thus into the Mediterranean Sea.
- Prior to joining the firm, Nir practiced for many years at another of Israel’s distinguished law firms. Between 1995-1997, Nir served as a teaching assistant for Contracts at the Law School of the College of Management for Prof. D. Friedman and Prof. O. Grosskopf.
Prior to his legal career, Nir served as a helicopter pilot in the IAF and holds the rank of Major (Res.).
Israel Bar Association
Clients point out that the newly merged Arnon, Tadmor-Levy is now able to draw upon ‘many litigators with diverse litigation skills‘. The combined team brings to bear experience across a comprehensive range of commercial, class action, competition, IP and administrative law litigation, among other areas, with the ability to handle cases pertaining to all of Israel’s key business sectors. Among the names to note, Barak Tal is roundly praised as ‘one of the best litigators in Israel‘, while Ruth Loven ‘will fight all the way for her clients‘. Nir Kehat, Dror Varsano and ‘very skilled second chair‘ Assaf Priel are also noted.
The newly combined Arnon, Tadmor-Levy houses a robust multidisciplinary insurance offering, which is particularly oriented towards contentious work. Names to note include high-profile litigator Barak Tal, who represented major Israeli insurance companies (including Phoenix, Harel and Clal) in a string of class action-related matters over the past year. Other key contacts include Yoran Gil, who advises insurers and insured entities on insurance claims, as well as Ido Chitman and Nir Kehat.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution: class actions (including derivative actions)
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Hi-tech and start-ups
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: commercial/transactions
- Planning and zoning
- Real estate and construction
- Restructuring and insolvency