Firm Profile > D&B David si Baias SCA > Bucharest, Romania
D&B David si Baias SCA Offices
1A Poligrafiei Blvd, 21/1 floor
RO-013704, Bucharest, 1
D&B David si Baias SCA > The Legal 500 Rankings
Tax Tier 1
D&B David si Baias SCA has an excellent reputation for tax litigation, particularly in areas such as VAT, transfer pricing, excise duty and environmental taxes. As part of the PwC network, the firm also offers strong advice to clients on the non-contentious side, and regularly supports the corporate team on M&A and restructurings. Highly rated litigator Dan Dascălu leads the team alongside corporate partner Ana-Maria Iordache and Anda Rojanschi.
‘The tax litigation team is one of the best in the field, being able to efficiently take care of the most complex matters with a high degree of technicality.’
‘Dan Dascălu is a reputable tax lawyer, a top choice when it comes to tax litigation, as he combines all the ingredients necessary for the success of the case – he is both an extremely experienced practitioner and a very knowledgeable theorist. The team he coordinates is formed of lawyers who also already leave their footprint in the the tax disputes they manage, such as Ana Maria Iordache and Mihail Boian.’
Grup Servicii Petroliere
Quadrant Amroq (part of Pepsi Group)
Prysmian Cabluri si Sisteme
EU and competition Tier 2
D&B David si Baias SCA has a strong track record in contentious and non-contentious competition and antitrust matters. As well as providing transactional and day-to-day support, the firm has assisted clients in several major Competition Council investigations into alleged cartel abuses and anti-competitive behaviour. Adrian Ster was a new arrival from Wolf Theiss.
D&B David si Baias SCA is a key name for mid-market transactional work. In recent work, it has been very active in the healthcare sector, and represented several entrepreneurs on the respective multimilllion-euro sales of their businesses. As the legal branch of PwC, clients inevitably benefit from the firm's broad range of advisory services. Managing partner Sorin David and corporate head Anda Rojanschi are the main contacts.
‘What is unique about D&B DAVID si BAIAS is that the firm and the lawyers always try to understand the needs of the clients even before the clients make a request. The services provided are always tailor made, always taking into consideration the budget of its clients.’
‘The lawyers do their best to get back to their clients in the quickest and most satisfactory way possible, allowing the clients to work on and examine various versions and drafts of documents within a limited time, before the final version is completed.’
Nordic Import Export
Dispute resolution Tier 4
D&B David si Baias SCA has an excellent reputation for tax-related litigation, where partners such as Dan Dascălu and Ana-Maria Iordache are active. The team's lawyers regularly appear before the courts challenging high-value tax liability assessments handed down by the authorities. The group is also strong in other areas of administrative litigation, such as competition and antitrust cases, where Sorin David is a key name.
‘The team is able to handle really complex tax and competition litigations, rapidly delivering the best possible strategy with maximum efficiency.’
‘Sorin David is a reputable, leading competition lawyer, with immense experience in competition matters, who promptly delivers the best possible advice. Dan Dascalu is a truly prestigious tax lawyer, with extremely extensive knowledge in this field, combined with the skills of a coherent and efficient barrister which makes him a top choice as a lawyer in any tax dispute. Ana-Maria Iordache is a fully experienced litigator in a variety of areas law, such as tax and administrative litigations, who always undertakes the most thorough approach.’
Grup Servicii Petroliere
Cofco Romania (formerly Nidera)
Centrul International CDG
Quadrant Amroq (Pepsi Group)
Prysmian Cabluri si Sisteme
D&B David si Baias SCA > Firm Profile
The firm: D&B David si Baias was founded in 2002 by two old friends and colleagues, professors Sorin David and Flavius Baias.
D&B David si Baias is rated as one of the top ten Romanian law firms. D&B lawyers work together with PwC tax and business consultants in multidisciplinary teams in order to solve complex issues for business clients.
The D&B team of lawyers provides a full package of integrated, innovative and pragmatic solutions, by providing assistance, representation and legal advice in the following key areas: companies and groups of companies; mergers, acquisitions and restructurings; real estate; employment and human resources; financial services and capital markets; competition and state aid; intellectual property; consumer and personal data protection; tax, administrative and commercial litigation. D&B David and Baias also specialises in the pharmaceutical, energy, IT and telecoms fields, providing specific solutions for companies in these industries.
The firm has grown over the years. Currently, 50 lawyers contribute to the firm’s success.
Areas of practice and leading lawyers: The firm’s partners and associates are recognised as leading lawyers in various practice areas in the 2018-2019 guides.
D&B has been a leader in the competition market in Romania for more than 10 years.
Sorin David, Managing Partner, is widely regarded as a leading competition law expert and was recently acknowledged as Eminent Practitioner in Competition/Antitrust and in Corporate/M&A in 2019.
Anda Rojanschi was recently nominated as a leading lawyer in Corporate M&A, and “earned praise for her negotiation skills and her ability to establish a good relationship with the counterparty”.
Dan Dascalu is a notable litigation lawyer, “particularly well known for his expertise in fiscal litigation, with sources noting that he is a proficient lawyer, especially in aspects pertaining to tax procedures”. He is also known for his administrative litigation and employment law expertise.
Ana-Maria Iordache is the newest D&B Partner and also a recommended laywer in Tax.
Ovidiu Bold is listed as a Rising Star in Capital markets and Banking.
|Banking&Finance/Capital Markets||Sorin David|
|Banking&Finance/Capital Markets||Ovidiu Bold|
|Consumer protection||Sorin David|
|Consumer protection||Ovidiu Bold|
|Corporate services||Anda Rojanschi|
|Corporate services||Adina Oprea|
|Corporate structuring||Sorin David|
|Corporate structuring||Anda Rojanschi|
|Dispute resolution (tax)||Dan Dascalu|
|Dispute resolution (tax)||Ana-Maria Iordache|
|Dispute resolution (tax)||Mihail Boian|
|Dispute resolution (commercial)||Dan Dascalu|
|Dispute resolution (commercial)||Amelia Teis|
|Dispute resolution (commercial)||Ioana Cercel|
|Employment and human resources||Dan Dascalu|
|Employment and human resources||Anda Rojanschi|
|Employment and human resources||Ioana Cercel|
|Energy and natural resources||Anda Rojanschi|
|Energy and natural resources||Sorin David|
|Intellectual property||Sorin David|
|Mergers and acquisitions||Sorin David|
|Mergers and acquisitions||Anda Rojanschi|
|Public sector||Amelia Teis|
|Real estate||Sorin David|
|Real estate||Georgiana Balan|
|Technology, media and communications||Sorin David|
|German desk||Laurentiu Pachiu|
|Entity Governance and Compliance||Anda Rojanschi|
|International Business Reorganisations||Anda Rojanschi|
|Ms Georgiana Bălan||Georgiana Balan is a Managing Associate in the Corporate M&A team and…||View Profile|
|Alexandra Barac||Alexandra Barac is a graduate of the Faculty of Law of the…||View Profile|
|Mr Mihail Boian||Mihail is specialized in tax, administrative and intellectual property litigation fields. He…||View Profile|
|Mr Ovidiu Bold||Ovidiu is specialised in Financial Services, with a special focus on banking…||View Profile|
|Mr Lucian Bozian||With over 12 years of experience in the competition law and state…||View Profile|
|Iacob Buga||Iacob Buga is an Associate within D&B David si Baias tax litigation…||View Profile|
|Ms Ioana Cercel||Ioana Cercel joined D&B in 2011 and is part of the litigation…||View Profile|
|Mr Dan Dascălu||Dan Dascălu holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Law from the University of…||View Profile|
|Mr Sorin David||Sorin David is the Managing Partner of D&B David si Baias, coordinating…||View Profile|
|Mrs Adriana Florina Dobre||Adriana joined the Commercial & Administrative Litigation team of D&B David and…||View Profile|
|Ms Romana Hirițiu||Romana Petre is a bachelor of Law from the Babes-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca,…||View Profile|
|Mr Andrei Iancu||Andrei Iancu joined the litigation department of D&B in November 2015. His…||View Profile|
|Ms Ana-Maria Iordache||Ana-Maria Iordache is a graduate of the Faculty of Law, “A.I.Cuza” University…||View Profile|
|Mrs Raluca Mustaciosu||Raluca Mustaciosu is a Senior Associate in the Energy and Natural Resources…||View Profile|
|Mr Marius Nita||Marius is an external consultant for D&B Energy and Natural Resources department.…||View Profile|
|Ms Adina Oprea||Adina Oprea is a Bachelor of Law from the Titu Maiorescu University…||View Profile|
|Ms Cristina Păduraru||Cristina Păduraru is a graduate of the Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest…||View Profile|
|Mrs Delia Iuliana PACHIU (FORMER VASILIU)||Delia Pachiu is a senior attorney with over 13 years of professional…||View Profile|
|Mr Laurentiu Pachiu||Laurentiu Pachiu is a Partner of D&B David si Baias, coordinating a…||View Profile|
|Ms Anda Rojanschi||Partner Anda is a Corporate M&A Partner of D&B David si Baias,…||View Profile|
|Ms Amelia Teis||Amelia joined D&B David si Baias in 2014 and she is currently…||View Profile|
|Andreea Tortov||Andreea Tortov is a Bachelor of Law from the University of Bucharest…||View Profile|
Staff FiguresNumber of partners : 7 Number of lawyers : 55
LanguagesEnglish French Romanian
D&B David si Baias SCA > Firm Profile
Cooperation and trust define all of our business relationships. We are committed to providing the best solutions to our clients, and we have expertise in interdisciplinary fields of law.
In the course of our business, our professionals regularly cooperate with PwC’s tax advisors, accounting experts, transaction and business management consultants, thereby ensuring that the economic aspects of our Law Firm’s legal affairs are treated appropriately.
Areas of expertise:
1. Corporate law / Mergers and Acquisitions
• Company establishment, development of corporate structures;
• Restructuring of companies and corporate groups;
• Legal due diligence reviews;
• Acquisition and alienation of companies and their assets;
• Compliance reviews.
2. Labor Law
• Employment agreements, management contracts, service agreements;
• Restructuring, assistance in legal succession, development and preparation of internal labor law policies;
• Representation in labor law disputes.
3. Litigation and Legal Disputes
• Litigation before courts and arbitration courts;
• Representation in tax and other administrative proceedings;
• Assistance in out-of-court settlement, mutual agreement and dispute resolution;
• Enforcement of claims.
4. Real Property
• Sale and purchase agreements, investment agreements;
• Legal due diligence reviews, analyses of real property portfolios;
• Financing and refinancing of real property transactions;
• Complex advising on building procedures (from planning to occupation).
5. Competition Law and Consumer Protection
• Fusion and anti-trust implications of mergers and acquisitions;
• Representation before the Hungarian Competition Authority in competition law and consumer protection related procedures;
• Compliance with competition law requirements, development of business practice and contractual background;
• Lawsuits related to unfair market practices of competitors.
6. Pharmaceutical Law and Health Industry
• Procedures before authorities, advising on regulatory matters, compliance advisory services (distribution, promotion, pharmacovigilance);
• Consumer protection related cases and proceedings;
• Regulatory matters related to food supplement, medical devices, other alternative therapy products;
• Cooperation, joint ownership and portfolio exchanges in the pharma industry;
• Regulatory matters related to healthcare services;
• Review of processing of health data, representation in procedures.
7. Intellectual Property and IT Law
• Intellectual property related proceedings and lawsuits, including proceedings in tax matters, lawsuits between competitors;
• Transactions related to the utilization of intellectual property;
• IT contracts (software license, software development, system implementation);
• Legal due diligence reviews focusing on intellectual property.
8. Energy, public utilities
• Procedures before authorities (operating licenses, licensing data provision, approval of corporate law actions);
• Advising on regulatory and compliance matters;
• Renewable energy related matters, other investments;
• Prospection and production concessions;
• Operation of public utility networks, implementation of innovative solutions;
• State aid and competition matters in the energy industry.
9. Finance and Banking
• Financing transactions (credit and loan agreements, collateral transactions);
• Advising on corporate financing, investment financing and property acquisition;
• Internal corporate financing;
• Legal implications of insolvency.
10. Public Sector and Infrastructure
• Advising and legal assistance, representation of bidders and contracting authorities in public procurement procedures;
• Legal assistance in public procurement audits;
• Advising on contracts of public service providers;
• State aid.
11. Business Crime
• Representation in criminal proceedings (including the representation of witnesses and injured parties);
• Review of supervisory and preventive mechanisms and internal policies;
• Risk analyses.
12. Data Protection
• Preparation of privacy policies, notifications, data processing related contracts and documents;
• Compliance reviews (GDPR and other data protection measures);
• Trainings, e-learning;
• Data Protection Officer services.