lic iur Luc Defferrard > Walder Wyss Ltd. > Zurich, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
Walder Wyss Ltd. Offices
PO BOX 1236
- Go to...
lic iur Luc Defferrard
Banking & Finance / M&A / Corporate
Luc Defferrard, partner with Walder Wyss since 2001, has been active in the finance and legal industry for many years. He mainly advises clients in domestic and cross-border mergers & acquisitions, financing, restructuring as well as in real estate and capital market. Luc Defferrard particularly focuses on private equity and venture capital transactions. He is regularly recommended by Chambers, Legal500 and IFLR1000. Chambers Europe describes him as “always available” and “very strong negotiator”
Prior to joining Walder Wyss, Luc Defferrard was working for seven years with UBS in Geneva, Zurich and New York as client manager and project manager in corporate and structured finance. In this position he developed the bank’s structured finance offerings to clients in the French part of Switzerland.
French, English and German.
Zurich and Swiss Bar Association.
University of Geneva (lic. iurQualified in 1989. From 1990 to 1997, project manager at UBS (financing department). From 1998 to 1999, associate at another Swiss law firm. Joined Walder Wyss in 1999. Partner at Walder Wyss since 2001.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Walder Wyss Ltd. impresses with the breadth of its practice; under the lead of Lukas Wyss and transaction expert Theodor Härtsch, the team is regularly instructed by national and foreign banks and private equity funds. Particular areas of expertise are domestic and international lending transactions, structured finance transactions, collective investment schemes, investigations and matters relating to blockchain and cryptocurrencies. Luc Defferrard is an established practitioner in the market and Markus Pfenninger is a ‘strong negotiator‘.
Walder Wyss Ltd. is noted for its strong track record in M&A and capital markets transactions, public tender offers and restructurings. Here, prominent practitioners include Urs Gnos, Alexander Nikitine, Markus Pfenninger, Luc Defferrard and Johannes Bürgi. The firm’s offering also includes support in employment, tax, competition and IP matters. Markus Frick, Philippe Nordmann, Hans Rudolf Trüeb and Reto Jacobs are other names to note.
- Hall of Fame - Switzerland > Banking and finance: Zurich
- Leading individuals - Switzerland > Banking and finance: Zurich
- Banking and finance: Zurich - Switzerland
- Leading firms: German-speaking Switzerland - Switzerland
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Capital markets
- Intellectual property
- Leading firms: Italian-speaking Switzerland
- Private client
- Public law
- Real estate and construction
- Banking and finance: Zurich
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Leading firms: French-speaking Switzerland
- Leading firms: German-speaking Switzerland
- Banking and finance: Geneva
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Insolvency and corporate recovery