Mr Manolis Kasotakis > Koutalidis Law Firm > Athens, Greece > Lawyer Profile
Koutalidis Law Firm Offices
The Orbit, 115 Kifissias Ave.
Athens 115 24
- Go to...
Mr Manolis Kasotakis
Arbitration, Litigation & Mediation
Agency & Distributorship
Manolis has a wide experience in litigation and commercial arbitration. In his litigation practice, Manolis has a successful track record in numerous proceedings across different sectors, including also cases involving investment services, shareholders’ disputes, unfair competition, ip rights, trademarks and distribution agreements.
His arbitration experience extends to cases administered under the ICC, LCIA, LMAA rules, the Technical Chambers of Greece and the Greek procedural code as well as to ad hoc arbitrations. His dispute resolution expertise provides him with a particular insight in contract negotiations.
Recent work includes:
- Representing a private entity of the Greek State in an LCIA arbitration having as an object counterclaims exceeding 100 mln
- Representing a listed Greek shipping company in an LMAA arbitration having as an object counterclaims exceeding 150mln
- Representing Aegean Motorway SA (Motorway Concessionaire) in an arbitration under the ICC rules against the Greek State
- Representing a Greek entrepreneur in an ad hoc arbitration under the Uncitral rules
- Representing a private entity of the Greek State in a third party intervention against a lawsuit requesting damages over 90 mln
- Representing a foreign Bank against a lawsuit filed by shareholders of a listed company complaining that the value offered for the acquisition of their shares by the offeror in the context of a public offer has not been fair
- Representing the current BoD members of a company against two legal actions filed by such company for mismanagement of the company’s funds following a relevant petition of a minority shareholder
- Representing the former president of a company against a legal action for embezzlement filed by said company
- Representing BoD members and shareholders of a company against a legal action filed by a minority shareholder claiming the annulment of certain corporate actions related to the sale of corporate assets
- Representing a foreign Bank in its legal action against a Greek company and its majority shareholder for unpaid due loans over 45 mln
- Representing an advertising company in two separate legal actions against its former clients
- Representing a foreign Bank against its former clients in separate legal actions initiated by the latter in relation to alleged investment services
- Representing a consortium of creditors for the appointment of an interim administration in Creta Farms
- Representing a Greek Bank against a petition filed against its trademark before the Greek Trademark Committee
- Representing one of the two partners of a personal company in his request to exclude the other partner from the management of the company
- Representing a global cable group against its minority shareholders requesting the annulment of its GM decisions
- Representing McArthurGlen in its third party intervention in favor of the governmental act enabling Sunday trading
- Representing successfully a company before the Supreme Court in its petition to stay the enforcement proceedings of a final decision
- Representing Airtickets against the unlawful termination of its cooperation agreement with Travelport
- Representing before the Court three companies in the energy sector against their minority shareholder responsible for the construction of their projects
- Negotiating an SPA for the sale of a company in the energy sector
- Negotiating an SPA for the sale of a real estate company having a plot of a value equal to 20mln
Senior Associate Manolis Kasotakis is born to litigate, has great strategic skills, an innovative way of thinking and a commercial approach. (Legal 500 2020)
- Manolis Kasotakis is recommended as a very professional and diligent lawyer (Legal 500 2020)
- Member of the Athens Bar Association.
- Qualified to appear before all Courts of all degrees, including the Supreme Courts.
- University of Würzburg Faculty of Law (LL.M. in European Law)
University of Athens Faculty of Laws (LL.B.)
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Led by Gregory Logothetis, the ‘prestigious and reliable‘ dispute resolution team at Koutalidis Law Firm has experience in an array of high-value and complex arbitration, adjudication, litigation and mediation proceedings, with recent examples including its representation of Aegean Motorway in a dispute over the issuance of an operation permit for the largest motorway tunnels in the Balkans region. In addition, the team handles pre-litigation strategy assistance, settlement negotiations, and the enforcement of foreign awards and decisions. The sizeable team includes senior associate Manolis Kasotakis, Evangelos Courakis, Ioannis Kaptanis and renowned tax expert George Naskaris.
|Greece: Litigation||June 2022||This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Litigation laws and regulations that may occur in Greece.|
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking, finance and capital markets
- Dispute resolution
- Projects and privatisation
- Restructuring and insolvency