CERHA HEMPEL Dezso & Partners > Budapest, Hungary > Firm Profile
CERHA HEMPEL Dezso & Partners Offices
FÖ U 14-18
CERHA HEMPEL Dezso & Partners > The Legal 500 Rankings
Hungary > Competition Tier 2In late 2020, CERHA HEMPEL Dezső & Partners made a significant investment in its competition practice by hiring senior attorney (and unfair trade practices specialist) Boglárka Priskin from the Hungarian Competition Authority. Running parallel to its strong capability in contentious matters before the Hungarian Competition Authority, the firm is also handling more non-contentious instructions and expanding its capabilities in merger filing and clearances, state aid and consumer protection. Tamàs Polauf and Márton Kocsis co-head the practice, which is praised for its ‘outstanding knowledge of local law, great local relationships and client management skills’.
Tamás Polauf; Márton Kocsis
Other key lawyers:
‘Excellent knowledge. Reliable. Professional.’
‘Outstanding knowledge of local law, with great local relationships and client management skills.’
‘Márton Kocsis and Tamás Polauf – both outstanding lawyers from a competition law and FDI perspective.’
‘Availability and diversity of professional knowledge are Cerha Hempel’s greatest advantages.’
‘Tamás Polauf, Márton Kocsis and Boglárka Priskin all have impressive knowledge of their field.’
‘The competition branch of Cerha Hempel is exceptional. It contains an adequate number of experts coming from several fields. This diversity greatly helps in solving difficult problems, this is Cerha Hempel’s main highlight.’
‘It is hard to choose, but maybe Tamás Polauf, Márton Kocsis and Boglárka Priskin are the three colleagues who impress me the most. They have a very practical knowledge of the actual practice of the local competition authority.’
‘Both Márton Kocsis and Boglárka Priskin are good experts and it is nice to work with them.’
Vagyonvédelem 2000 Kft.
PHOENIX Group Hungary
MKB Bank Nyrt.
Sonepar Magyarország Kft.
Bauhaus Szakáruházak Bt.
CISCO Systems Inc.
Alza.cz a.s. and Alza.hu Kft. (Alza Group)
- Advising Phoenix Group on various competition law issues during its daily operation and representing PHOENIX in an over-all sectoral competition supervision proceeding before the Hungarian Competition Authority.
- Introducing and maintaining a complete compliance system for METRANS Hungary.
- Advising MKB Bank on several competition law related matters.
Edina Nagy; Andrea Presser
‘Very well known and highly appreciated law office – great individuals and a good team as well.’
‘Super-responsive, supportive, proactive.’
Raiffeisenlandesbank Oberösterreich AG
Erste Group Bank AG
Omnibus Hungária Kft.
AWP P&C S.A. Hungarian Branch (Allianz)
Ober Lízing Kft.
UniCredit Bank Hungary Zrt.
- Advised XXXLutz Group, one of the world’s largest furniture retailers, in connection with the purchase of the furniture stores of Kika, another furniture retailer, in Hungary, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Romania, including the financing of the purchase
- Advising Tungsram Operations on a continuous basis regarding its financing arrangements, including matters such as credit facility agreements, factoring and reverse factoring agreements, cash pooling, treasury and derivatives arrangements.
- Advising Erste Group Bank AG in several real estate project finance transactions.
Andrea Presser; Zita Albert
Other key lawyers:
‘Very proactive and easy to deal with. Kept us informed throughout. Lots of energy and drive and a real pleasure to work with generally.’
‘Widespread experience in M&A and knowledge of best practices. Experienced in deal specific drafting requirements.’
‘Zita Albert has great experience in M&A transactions of all sizes and complexity. She has a pragmatic approach and a business acumen that makes her support in transactions extraordinarily efficient. Zita manages her team very well and they provide together efficient support with high proficiency.’
‘Zita Albert – very professional, engaging and generally on top of the whole process. We felt in safe hands. Work always prepared to a good standard and on time.’
Telenor Magyarország Zrt. (member of PPF Group)
Cisco Systems, Inc
discoverIE Europe Holding BV
JRD / Prima Energy s.r.o.
- Continued to advise Telenor Zrt, the second biggest mobile operator in Hungary, on the separation of its entire business in the course of which a new technology infrastructure company has been established, which is the first telecommunication infrastructure company in Hungary. The transaction consisted of a demerger, a complex asset deal and the liquidation of the current service provider company of the Telenor Group in Hungary and in other jurisdictions.
- Advised Cisco Systems, Inc., one of the world’s leading technology companies, on the acquisition of the majority of the assets of the Hungarian company, Banzai Cloud Zrt., a developer of application networking tools concerning service mesh deployment and workload infrastructure management.
- Advised discoverIE Group plc, which is a word leading company producing innovative components for electronics applications listed on the the London Stock Exchange, in relation the acquisition, from three German private individuals, of 100% of the shares in Hungarian Limitor Hungária Kft, active in the same business sector. The client simultaneously acquired from the same sellers the German Limitor GmbH.
Other key lawyers:
‘The data protection team provides a quick and professional legal advice, whenever requested. Their team is able to cover all the different aspects of the area, whether the client is a private or a public entity. Their advice is clearly written, also describing the alternative solutions, if any.’
‘The team is very responsive and skilled in their legal advice.’
‘The team has strong knowledge in the area and they collaborate well with clients.’
‘All the employees are experts, correct, reliable and polite.’
AWP P&C S.A.
Bauhaus Szakáruházak Kereskedelmi Bt.
Evobus Hungária Kft.
Hoerbiger Service Hungaria Korlátolt Felelősségű Társaság
Nemzetközi Vállalatok Magyarországi Társasága
Okkal Dobban Alapítvány
Uniqa Raiffeisen Software Service Kft.
Ober Pénzügyi Lízing Zrt.
- Continuing to assist BAUHAUS with every aspect of data protection in the everyday activity of the company with regard to its services, brick-and-mortar stores and webshops.
- Advised EvoBus on certain privacy issues, such as its call centre’s lawful processing of recordings of complaints, the automation of the call centres, and about the protocol for providing copies of the recorded calls.
- Assisted UNIQA Raiffeisen Software Service Kft. with its GDPR project as a whole, and since then, the firm has provided help to URSS in connection with its privacy or tech related (e-signature) questions on a regular basis.
Hungary > Dispute resolution Tier 3CERHA HEMPEL Dezső & Partners is active in litigation arising from high-value construction projects and other developments, with a specialism in cases involving FIDIC-based (and other) construction contracts. It is also developing its public procurement disputes practice, and regularly acts for creditors in bankruptcy procedures and enforcement of claims against the shareholders and company directors of bankrupt companies. Litigator Ilona Rónay-Csordás and construction head András Fenyőházi are key lawyers.
Ilona Rónay-Csordás; András Fenyőházi
Swietelsky Magyarország Kft (Swietelsky)
SPAR Magyarország Kft.
Dessewffy utca 32 Hotel (Feneberg Group)
KÁTA CNC Kft.
KÁTA CNC Kft.
- Representing Swietelsky for more than two decades in various construction projects, litigation and arbitration disputes.
- Advising Porr on complex claim management cases.
- Representing SPAR Magyarország in high-profile litigation.
Other key lawyers:
‘They are the master of details, have a strong client focus.’
‘We have worked with Wilhelm Stettner, the head of the real estate practice group. Mr. Stettner is highly client-oriented and very experienced, moreover he is highly respected on the market too.’
CA Immobilien Anlagen AG
Patrizia Immobilien AG
value one Holding AG /MILESTONE
Galleon Capital Management GmbH
Raiffeisen Ingatlan Alap (Raiffeisen Real Estate Investment Fund)
MH Consulting Kft.
Wigan Acquisitions Group
- Advising Bauhaus in the development of two hardware stores in Budapest, Hungary.
- Continuing to advise CA Immobilien Anlagen AG, a market leader Austrian real estate developer and investor regarding the management of its entire Hungarian portfolio.
- Advised Patrizia Immobilien AG as lessor on the conclusion of the COVID-19-related amendment of the lease agreement of a 4-star hotel in Budapest.
CERHA HEMPEL Dezso & Partners > Firm Profile
Firm overview: CERHA HEMPEL is one of the leading corporate law firms in Central and Eastern Europe with its headquarters in Vienna. With a team of over 200 lawyers, the firm guarantees its clients experience and expertise in all areas of corporate and commercial law, both in Austria and Central and Eastern Europe.
CERHA HEMPEL is proud to be able to look back on a very successful history. Over the past 25 years, CERHA HEMPEL has been involved in a large number of the most significant transactions in Austria. The fact that the firm understands its clients’ businesses has helped CERHA HEMPEL achieve a high rate of success. It is no coincidence that CERHA HEMPEL is the first port of call for a number of long-term clients whom the firm advises comprehensively on all of their day-to-day legal matters. This expertise – combined with the firm’s years of experience in Central and Eastern Europe and its Lex Mundi network – ensures that its clients receive high-quality and sound advice, across disciplines and across borders.
Hungary: CERHA HEMPEL has more than twenty years’ experience in the Hungarian market. Under the leadership of Dr. Attila Dezső, around 40 dedicated legal professionals provide first class legal advice to local and international clients. Over the years and fully integrated into the CERHA HEMPEL team, Dr. Dezső and his team have gained a reputation as leading experts in their fields, and have advised countless international and domestic clients active in Hungary.
|Managing Partner, Mergers & Acquisitions, Tax Law, Real Estate & Construction, Antitrust & Competition, Public Law & European Law, Public Procurement||Attila Dezsőemail@example.com||+36 1 457 80 40|
|Managing Partner, Head of Antitrust & Competition, IP & Unfair Competition, Employment Law||Tamás Polauffirstname.lastname@example.org||+36 1 457 80 40|
|Head of Dispute Resolution, Real Estate & Construction, Corporate, Litigation & Arbitration||Attila Marjaiemail@example.com||+36 1 457 80 40|
|Head of Banking & Finance, Insolvency & Restructuring||Edina Nagyfirstname.lastname@example.org||+36 1 457 80 40|
|Head of Corporate, Mergers & Acquistions, Employment Law||Andrea Presseremail@example.com||+36 1 457 80 45|
|Head of Dispute Resolution, Litigation & Arbitration, Mergers & Acquistions, Real Estate & Construction||Ilona Rónay-Csordásfirstname.lastname@example.org||+36 1 457 80 40|
|Head of Real Estate & Construction, Mergers & Acquistions, Corporate||Wilhelm Stettneremail@example.com||+36 1 457 80 40|
|Head of Projects & Infrastructure, Real Estate & Construction, Public Law & European Law, Public Procurement||Sándor Szterényifirstname.lastname@example.org||+36 1 457 84 01|
|Mergers & Acquistions||Zita Albertemail@example.com||+36 1 457 80 40|
|Contact person in Vienna, Partner||Georg Konradfirstname.lastname@example.org||+43 1 514 35 0|
|Zita Albert||Partner Co-Head of Corporate M&A Areas of practice: Mergers & Acquistions Corporate…||View Profile|
|Attila Dezső||Managing PartnerAreas of practice: Mergers & Acquisitions Tax Law Real estate &…||View Profile|
|Attila Marjai||PartnerHead of Dispute Resolution & Real Estate & ConstructionAreas of practice: Real…||View Profile|
|Edina Nagy||PartnerHead of Banking & FinanceAreas of practice: Insolvency & Restructuring Banking &…||View Profile|
|Tamàs Polauf||Managing PartnerHead of Antitrust & CompetitionAreas of practice: Antitrust & Competition IP…||View Profile|
|Andrea Presser||Partner Head of Corporate and Mergers & AcquistionsAreas of practice: Banking &…||View Profile|
|Ilona Rónay-Csordás||PartnerHead of Dispute Resolution and Litigation & ArbitrationAreas of practice: Litigation &…||View Profile|
|Wilhelm Stettner||PartnerHead of Real Estate & ConstructionAreas of practice: Mergers & Acquistions Corporate…||View Profile|
|Sándor Szterényi||PartnerHead of Head of Projects & InfrastructureAreas of practice: Real Estate &…||View Profile|