Tax in Switzerland
Bär & Karrer Ltd. has a strong tax offering from its offices across Switzerland. The group is well integrated with other departments, and is able to leverage the strength of the firm's capital markets, corporate and private client practices; its main areas of activity are tax structuring; negotiations with tax authorities; and tax litigation. Susanne Schreiber, who is a key contact for corporate tax mandates, particularly those with cross-border elements, and Daniel Bader, who is regularly instructed by high-net-worth-individuals with regard to succession planning and private wealth structures, jointly lead the practice. Other key names include Christoph Suter in Geneva and Paolo Bottini in Lugano.
Susanne Schreiber; Daniel Bader
‘Exceptional internal and external network of experts to which access is given without hesitation. A truly inter-disciplinary team approach with efficient communication and client expectation management.’
‘The individuals are always available and provided exceptional advice and high quality work under extreme pressure.’
‘Susanne Schreiber is an outstanding tax adviser with exceptional legal skills and profound commercial understanding. She is initiative and pro-active and interested in avoiding problems rather than solving them.‘
‘Daniel Bader gives clear advice that can be implemented instantly. He is very professional, kind and ‘Swiss’ precise.’
‘Christoph Suter is highly skilled, extraordinarily reactive.‘
Landis & Gyr AG
Jacobs Holding / Colosseum AG
Swiss Prime Site
- Acted as tax adviser to Novartis and Alcon on the spin-off of Alcon.
- Assisted the issuer with the tax aspects of the rights offering of Cavotec.
- Advised Acushnet on the social security due diligence and tax aspects of the SPA relating to the acquisition of Kjus.
The tax team at Homburger works closely with the firm's capital markets, financing and M&A groups in order to offer an integrated service. It has a core focus on assisting corporate clients with various tax matters, but is also active for individuals. Practice head Reto Heuberger is well versed in the tax structuring of M&A transactions and tax planning. Peter Riedweg has a similar focus, while Dieter Grünblatt is a key contact for capital markets transactions, among others. Stefan Oesterhelt is also noted.
‘Homburger has a very strong tax practice group with a good reputation on the market.’
‘The team is very responsive, client-oriented and delivers high quality.‘
‘Reto Heuberger is excellent in restructurings and a real problem solver. His technical input is both creative and sustainable which is a rather unique combination of skills.’
Nord Stream 2
SIX Swiss Exchange
Softbank Vision Fund
Canada Pension plan Investment Board
Ernst Göhner Foundation
- Acted for Nord Stream 2 on capital structures covered by tax rulings.
- Advised Therachon on the tax aspects of its sale to Pfizer and on the spin-off of Therachon’s Apraglutide programme.
- Assisted Clariant with the tax aspects of the sale of Infrapark Baselland to Getec.
Lenz & Staehelin impresses with its expertise across the full gamut of tax matters. It handles tax planning and structuring; tax litigation and arbitration; M&A, restructurings and buyouts; and custom duties, among others. The team is experienced in cross-border mandates and is also regularly instructed by private clients; the latter is a particular strength of Geneva-based practice co-head Jean-Blaise Eckert. Tax planning expert Pascal Hinny, who is based in Zurich, is the practice co-head. Heini Rüdisühli , who is also in Zurich, and Geneva-based Daniel Schafer and Frédéric Neukomm are also key contacts.
Jean-Blaise Eckert; Pascal Hinny
‘Lenz & Staehelin has leading Swiss tax lawyers. Its specialists cover all areas of international tax law in an excellent way.’
‘The team is very knowledgeable in tax and is very responsive and client service oriented.’
‘Pascal Hinny is an excellent international tax lawyer who always finds the right solution.’
‘Jean-Blaise Eckert, Daniel Schafer and Frédéric Neukomm are each an expert in Swiss tax and are very knowledgeable about US tax which differentiates them from other law firms.’
‘Heini Rüdidühli is an excellent specialist in international tax law.‘
‘Daniel Schafer is an outstanding tax lawyer, noted for always coming straight to the point.’
ADM – Archer Daniels Midland Company
AXA Stiftung Berufliche Vorsorge, Winterthur
Clinique des Grangettes
Deutsche Börse AG
Gonet & CIe
- Advised UBP on a group request from the Israeli finance ministry for assistance with identifying Israelis with undeclared assets at two Swiss private banks.
- Assisted Sika with the tax aspects of its binding offer to acquire Parex from its current previous CVC Fund V.
- Advised a multinational enterprise on a cross-border transfer of participation followed by cross-border merger.
Niederer Kraft Frey AG fields a team of lawyers, who are experienced in advising on general tax matters, structuring and litigation. Together with the firm's capital markets and financing departments, it also advises on significant transactions and financial products. Clients include companies and institutions, as well as private clients, athletes and sports associations. Practice head Thomas Graf is kept busy handling the tax aspects of cross-border business structures, M&A, and corporate reorganisations. Markus Kronauer is a key contact for issuers of asset-backed securities transactions. Recently promoted partner Christina Rinne, Daniela Schmucki and counsel Elga Reana Tozzi are also highlighted.
‘Marcus Kronauer has an excellent way of handling clients and his communicative side, making hard things easy to understand, is fabulous.‘
‘Christina Rinne is a key contact and trusted adviser for Swiss customs and tax matters. She is very well connected to all authorities to discuss in advance what will be needed to make a project a success. She is a real business enabler with a sense of ownership.’
Cembra Money Bank AG
EFG / EFG International
Invision Private Equity AG
Thomson Reuters Corporation
Helvetische Bank (HB)
- Assisted Tokio Marine as Swiss counsel with the sale of its reinsurance subsidiaries Tokio Millennium Re and Tokio Millennium Re (UK) Limited.
- Acted as Swiss transaction counsel to Sportradar and the selling share-holders on the €2.1bn sale of Sportradar AG to Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and TCV.
- Acted for the arrangers on the tax aspects of a committed bridge facility and a term loan for Cembra Money Bank to finance the acquisition of cashgate and the refinancing of the balance sheet liabilities of cashgate.
Oberson Abels Ltd has an established tax practice in the French-speaking region of Switzerland. The team is regularly instructed by companies in cross-border transactions and set-ups as well as by high-net-worth individuals for advice on estate planning and the structuring of compensation packages. Xavier Oberson in Geneva has a broad background in the field, with experience in tax litigation and criminal tax law, among others. Lausanne-based Pierre-Marie Glauser is well versed in tax matters related to M&A, financing and financial restructurings.
Xavier Oberson; Pierre-Marie Glauser
Walder Wyss Switzerland Global impresses with its broad practice and it handles work across the full spectrum of tax matters. The team advises on the tax-related aspects of transactions, structured finance, capital markets, corporate restructuring and relocation work, among others. Another core focus is estate planning. Maurus Winzap heads up the practice; he is a go-to adviser for financial and corporate clients for a variety of tax matters. Other prominent practitioners are Thomas Meister and Samuel Dürr in Bern. Fouad Sayegh in Geneva and Robert Desax are also noted.
‘The team is excellent in evaluating the potential chances and risks of given situations or intended tax structuring ideas. It provides answers on time and if needed on a very short notice. With respect to the estimation of fees for future work it is precise.‘
‘Walder Wyss is globally a solid tax advisor.’
‘Samuel Dürr is able to combine in-house, practical experience with his knowledge of Swiss taxes and international tax regimes. He also knows corporate tax issues as well as personal individual tax issues.’
Amag Leasing Ltd.
Cembra Money Bank Ltd.
Swiss Life Ltd.
PSA Finance Suisse SA
Swiss Life Ltd.
- Assisted Amag Leasing with the structuring and Swiss legal, tax and VAT aspects of its fourth Swiss auto lease securitisation transaction.
- Acted for Swiss Life Holding on the repurchase of its own registered shares for the purpose of a subsequent capital reduction.
- Advised the founders on the formation of komgo.
Baker McKenzie's versatile offering includes assistance with tax planning; M&A, restructuring and real estate tax planning; and advising on VAT and transfer pricing, among others. The client portfolio consists of national and international companies and financial institutions and the team is well positioned to handle cross-border mandates due to its global network. Denis Berdoz and Kilian Perroulaz lead the teams in Geneva and Zurich respectively. Other names to note are Hans Koch, René Schreiber, Tobias Rohner and of counsel Andrea Bolliger.
Denis Berdoz; Kilian Perroulaz
‘The team stands out for excellent industry knowledge, technical know-how, the appropriateness of the advice and its response times.’
‘The Zurich tax team is a reliable and competent partner when it comes to tax and legal questions, in particular in an international context.’
‘Kilian Perroulaz has outstanding tax knowledge and gives quick responses.’
‘Tobias Rohner impresses with his attitude towards client’s needs and professional clarification of issues. He is highly experienced in tax law especially in terms of practical implementation of law.’
‘Andrea Bolliger is an excellent lawyer and is able to explain complex tax issues in an understandable way.’
HERITAGE B B.V.
- Advised Heritage B group on the tax structuring of a refinancing project comprising issuance of a new senior secured note and a super senior revolving credit facility.
- Assisted Körber with the tax structuring of the sale of the business.
- Advised Accenture on tax due diligence and the structuring of the takeover of Orbium.
Loyens & Loeff has strong expertise in matters relating to corporate tax, investment management and private clients. The team is instructed by international companies, private equity funds, financial services providers, high-net-worth individuals and family offices to assists with transactions, compliance, transfer pricing and litigation, among others. Practice head Beat Baumgartner is well versed in M&A and a variety of capital market transactions. He is regularly supported by associate Fabian Sutter. The team works closely with its Benelux offices.
- Advised RRJ Capital on the tax aspects of the acquisition of the outstanding shares in gategroup Holding.
- Acted for the Altria Group on Swiss tax matters connected to its acquisition of a majority stake in a tobacco product line.
- Acted for Kongsberg Automotive group on a tax-efficient external and internal refinancing transaction.
Pestalozzi's team has experience of advising on the tax aspects of M&A, financing and real estate transactions, with particular expertise in various kinds of restructurings. Another core practice is advising private clients on tax planning and compliance matters. Nils Harbeke heads up the group; he is well versed in international taxation, and inbound and outbound tax planning for domestic and foreign clients. Jonas Sigrist regularly advises on matters related to corporate tax. Counsel Silvia Zimmermann is another key name.
‘The Zurich tax team of Pestalozzi combines perfect Switzerland tax skills with excellent personal contacts to relevant tax authorities’ officials in a country where the personal contact is absolutely necessary and decisive.’
‘The support of the tax team is excellent. It should be emphasised that the solutions presented are tailor made and can therefore be implemented directly.‘
‘Nils Harbeke always makes a good impression.’
‘Jonas Sigrist has very good skills in solving complex tax questions, in particular dealing with VAT and Swiss inbound questions.‘
‘Silvia Zimmermann is a very experienced top senior tax lawyer of Switzerland. She always provides hands-on solutions and does a very good job.‘
ADVA Optical Networking
CommerzFactoring Targo Bank, CommerzBank
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Phillips 66 GmbH
Sony Music Entertainment Switzerland GmbH
City of Lugano Pension Fund
- Assisted the Pension Fund of the City of Lugano with the contract negotiation and drafting as well as the coordination with the parties and the Land Registry in connection with the CHF60m sale of a real estate development in Lugano-Pregasson.
- Advised Coca-Cola HBC on the update of an €5bn euro medium-term note programme guaranteed by Coca-Cola HBC and the issuance of different notes.
- Advising a global pharmaceutical group on the relocation of different subsidiaries to Switzerland.
The tax team of Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd works closely together with the corporate, M&A, B&F, private clients, employment, real estate and DR departments of the firm. Besides tax structuring and planning, it also has special expertise in customs, auditing and international double taxation. Geneva-practice head Pietro Sansonetti has long-standing experience in the negotiation with tax authorities. Michael Nordin is the other co-head as has broad expertise in transactions. Jean-Frédéric Maraia in Geneva is a key contact for private clients and in tax litigation.
Pietro Sansonetti; Michael Nordin
‘Schellenberg Wittmer is one of the leading law firms in Switzerland for tax matters, engaging partners and associates with extensive experience and outstanding academic results who are able to solve the most complex tax issues under Swiss law.’
‘The team is very responsive, reliable and competent.’
‘Michael Nordin is a fast thinker and hands-on lawyer. Clients are his top priority.‘
‘Jean-Frédéric Maraia provides sharp and astute advice to clients with regard to complex tax issues under Swiss law. He is a passionate and highly talented lawyer who it is very pleasant to work with.’
CIR – Compagnie Industriali Riunite S.p.A.
European Broadcasting Union
International Committee of the Red Cross
Swiss Re Group
- Advised an international NGO on a potential acquisition of a foreign commercial entity.
- Assisted the Aeschbach family on tax and legal aspects in relation with the sale a commercial real estate property in the city centre of Geneva.
- Advising a Swiss Canton on the re-drafting of the legislation for the taxation at source meaning drafting a new law, implementing regulations including the explanations for the parliament.
The boutique Tax Partner AG is well versed in the full gamut of related matters. The nine-partner strong team assists companies with corporate taxation, tax compliance and proceedings, as well as transfer pricing, customs and VAT, among others. It is also instructed by individuals and public sector clients. Stephan Pfenninger has particular knowledge in the real estate sector, while David Ryser is experienced in restructurings. Patrik Schwarb and Peter Vogt are also highlighted practitioners.
Association of the Cantonal Finance Governors
The Government of the Canton of Schwyz (Switzerland)
- Acted for the Association of Finance Governors on an amendment of the Income Tax Code regarding the taxation of income from immovable property.
- Advising the government of the Canton of Schwyz on the implementation of the so-called ‘Anti-CFC-Measures’.
ADB Altorfer Duss & Beilstein is a boutique firm specialised in handling tax matters for institutions from the financial services, chemical, manufacturing and engineering as well as private clients. The team has comprehensive experience in tax law, litigation and VAT, among others. Pascal Taddei is a key contact for the tax-related aspects of restructuring, M&A and relocation, while Fabian Duss has a focus on tax-efficient supply chain management and transfer pricing. Other prominent practitioners are Jürg Altorfer, Andreas Helbing and Marco Greter.
Fabian Duss; Pascal Taddei; Andreas Helbing; Jürg Altdorfer; Marco Greter; Urs Zeltner
‘The team is very implementation-oriented and pragmatic on a very high level. The different special fields are directly linked. Thus complex questions can be easily discussed and solved.‘
‘Pascal Thaddei combines strong experience in the M&A field with a good network.’
‘Jürg Altorfer has a great deal of expertise in various fields as well as experience.‘
G+E GETEC Holding GmbH
Twenty14 Holdings Ltd.
Castle Alternative Invest (CAI) and Castle Private Equity (CPE)
- Assisted G + E Getec with the Swiss tax aspects of its acquisition of two industrial parks in Basel via a share deal and via an asset deal.
- Advised Twenty14 Holdings on tax matters after it entered into a forward-purchase contract with Swiss real estate developer Necron.
- Assisted Castle Private Equity with the share buyback of 25% via a fixed-price offering to selected shareholders.
Froriep stands out for its broad tax practice, which focuses in particular on cross-border mandates. It assists with tax planning for a variety of clients and transactions, exchange of information, transfer pricing and tax proceedings. It has a notable focus on digital-related matters, including blockchain, cryptocurrencies, crowdfunding and e-payment. Marcel Jung heads up the team; besides his broad tax practice, he also advises on stock corporation law, financial accounting and financial reporting law. Other key names are Dimitri Rotter and Julie Wynne in Zug and Geneva, respectively.
‘The team has a very good understanding of the client’s needs and is technically very capable.’
‘Marcel Jung is an outstanding tax lawyer with specific expertise on international tax matters.’
Central Real Estate Basel AG
Naked Heart Foundation
- Advised Central Real Estate Basel on tax aspects concerning the acquisition of properties in the Klybeck area in Basel.
- Assisted Pfeiffer Holzindustrie with the reorganisation of various Swiss subsidiaries within the group.
- Advised the Naked Heart Foundation on its establishment in Switzerland as a charitable foundation.
Basel-based Ludwig + Partner Ltd. is a boutique law firm specialised in corporate tax advice, corporate restructuring and real estate transactions at a national and international level. The team, which consists of Swiss-certified tax practitioners, is led by Hubertus Ludwig and Thomas Ziegler, who are able to draw on their previous expertise working for professional services firms. Other names to note are public notary Karolina Dobry and associate Beatrice Van der Haegen.
Hubertus Ludwig; Thomas Ziegler
‘The team is excellent and has outstanding knowledge in its field.’
‘Ludwig + Partner has broad tax know-how and tremendously experienced partners.’
‘Thomas Ziegler has outstanding knowledge in very complex issues; he understands the big picture and a very international thinking.‘
‘Karolina Dobry has an efficient functioning and straight forward attitude.‘
Bayer Consumer Care AG
University Hospitals Basel
EBM now Primeo Engergie
Dental Clinics of the University of Basel
Bodyworlds / Körperwelten
Burckhardt + Partner
MSC Messe Schweiz
- Provided legal and tax support to Blubeard with on the acquisition of a mixed-use real estate portfolio in Geneva.
- Advised the Torpedo Swiss Family Foundation on tax structuring matters.
- Assisted Burckhardt + Partner with Swiss real estate tax matters.
With offices in Zurich and Zug, MME Legal | Tax | Compliance has a strong presence across German-speaking Switzerland. The team advises companies, family offices and individuals on corporate tax law, tax planning, compliance and real estate transactions as well as VAT and customs, among others. Samuel Bussmann and Andreas Müller in Zug are able to draw on their previous experience working at a Big Four company. Thomas Linder is a key contact for clients in the technology sector. Christoph Rechsteiner and Zug-based Monika Molnar are also noted.
Thomas Linder; Christoph Rechtsteiner; Walter Frei; Andreas Müller; Samuel Bussmann; Monika Molnar
- Advising on the tax aspects of setting up of multiple ‘ICO’ structures for crypto, blockchain and fintech entities.
The Geneva-based tax team at Python covers the full gamut of matters in the space; it recently was involved in various restructurings for private clients and family offices, and also assisted with relocations and acquisitions. Etienne von Streng is experienced in acting before various Swiss authorities as well as in all sorts of transactions. Per Prod’Hom is also well versed in corporate taxation and VAT. Frédéric Gante is also highlighted.
Etienne von Streng
‘Python has a unique partner-to-client relationship which is proactive and also flexible in terms of having interactions. The team also has a vast amount of experience and its responses are practical.’
‘Etienne von Streng provides the perfect mix of professionalism and creativity.’
- Assisted Sogeprim and its shareholders with the split of the company in different real estate groups in a tax neutral way.
- Advised an art business on negotiating tax rulings in relation to an initial coin offering.
- Assisted an energy company with different acquisitions of subsidiaries of companies and their integration via mergers and internal reorganisations.
VISCHER's team covers a broad range of tax matters, including support on M&A transactions, restructurings, relocation of businesses and litigation proceedings. The client portfolio includes domestic and international companies from a variety of sectors, including aviation, financial services, pharmaceutical and life sciences, among others. Practice co-head Nadia Tarolli Schmidt, who is based in Basel, has particular expertise in tax matters relating to the pharmaceutical industry. She jointly leads the team with Christoph Niederer, who can provide comprehensive insight into tax matters related to blockchain and ICOs. Senior associate Adrian Briner is also noted.
Nadia Tarolli Schmidt; Christoph Niederer
‘Vischer is extremely knowledgeable, creative, responsive and collaborative. It works well with counsels from other firms when tax advice needs to be integrated.‘
‘Nadia Tarolli is a creative leader who communicates clearly, sets goals and works with the company and her team to deliver on time.’
‘Christoph Niederer is professionally competent, helpful and always responsive.’
‘Adrian Briner is a thoughtful associate who implements deliverables.’
Hyundai Electric & Energy Systems Co.
Work in Progress
Fuji Packaging GmbH
Catholic Evangelic- Reformed as well as Israelite Church of Basle
Swiss International Air Lines AG
St. Clara Group
- Assisting AC Immune with a licence and collaboration agreement as well as the issuing of new shares.
- Advised Hyundai on accounting services, VAT and expense regulation schemes for the opening and operation of a research and development centre in Zurich.
- Acted for Polyphor on Swiss tax matters regarding the closing of an IPO on SIX Swiss Exchange.
Wenger & Vieli LTD has a comprehensive tax practice, providing tax support to the firm's other departments on transactions, as well as handling reorganisations and restructurings, VAT support and appeals. The client portfolio includes various national and international companies as well as private clients. Bruno Bächli leads the team; he has special expertise in tax disclosure programmes for onshore and offshore clients and succession planning. Barbara Brauchli Rohrer is another name to note.
National and international companies, private equity and venture funds regularly instruct BianchiSchwald LLC on tax matters. Led by Joseph Merhai in Geneva, the team advises on restructurings and reorganisations, and it is notably active in tax litigation proceedings. Merhai is also experienced in assisting with the taxation aspects of collective investment schemes. Sébastien Maury is a key contact in Zurich. Managing associate Gianni Fera is also noted.
‘A competent team which is able to take on complex matters.’
‘Joseph Merhai has great technical preparation and professionalism. He has the ability to go straight to the problem and to solve it.’
‘Gianni Fera is well-prepared and available.’
Bratschi Ltd's team has considerable experience assisting clients with tax planning matters, particularly relating to relocations, reorganisations, acquisitions, sales, restructurings and financing. Another focus area is advising family offices on tax matters as well as tax litigation. Michael Barrot leads the team and has a broad background, which covers various international transactions and commodities trading, among others. Walter Boss has more than 30 years of experience in the area.
‘The team has excellent knowledge and works very fast.‘
‘Michael Barrot is able to offer technically-sound and competent solutions.‘
‘Walter Boss is a very experienced lawyer, who is good in M&A and corporate issues.’
Nectar Digital Wealth
Nederman Holding AB
UBS Switzerland AG
Deutsche Private Equity (DPE)
Bank am Bellevue Group
Pension Fund of the Credit Suisse Group
- Advised Nectar Digital Wealth on tax issues relating to a reorganisation.
- Advised Piquadro on the acquisition of Lancel Group from Richemont.
- Acted for the shareholders of Sanaplasma Ltd on its sale to the Shire Group.
The team at CMS has considerable experience in assisting clients with a variety of tax planning matters and particularly with business reorganisations. It works closely across offices and as part of a cross-practice offering with the firm's banking and finance, insurance and real estate departments, among others. Geneva-based Andrio Orler is highly active in various transactions. Sarah Busca Bonvin is able to draw on her previous experience with the Geneva Tax Administration. Zurich-based David Hürlimann also assists with individual taxation and VAT matters.
Andrio Orler; David Hürlimann
‘The team is very reliable, accurate and fast. The lawyers understand the legal problems and offer innovative and competent solutions.’
‘David Hürlimann has a good grip on the national and international tax law. He is a very experienced lawyer with an excellent legal know-how. His response time is very short.‘
- Established a tax risk monitoring programme covering different jurisdictions for a Swiss industrial group.
- Assisted the heirs with an inheritance assessment.
FBT Attorneys-at-Law is routinely sought out by banks, investment managers, trust companies, high-net-worth individuals and family offices to handle tax matters. The core team comprises of Michel Abt, who is also knowledgeable in banking and finance law, and Jean-Luc Bochatay, who is experienced in cross-border tax planning and tax disputes. The group also advises on tax transparency and tax criminal proceedings. It works closely with the firm's Paris office.
Michel Abt; Jean-Luc Bochatay
- Assisted various private clients with Swiss, French and international voluntary disclosure programmes.
- Advised various high-net-worth individuals on estate planning and restructurings.
- Acted for wealth managers on tax compliance matters.
Geneva-based boutique Gillioz Dorsaz & Associés is noted for its activity in tax structuring for corporations and individuals as well as for handling tax-related litigation. Other areas of expertise including advising on the tax aspects of financial reorganisation, restructuring and compensations. Nicole Fragniere-Meyer is the key contact at the firm. Stéphane Tanner left to found Tanner Conseil in April 2019.
Nicole Fragnière Meyer
Under the lead of Geneva-based managing partner Patrice Lefèvre-Péaron , the team at Jeantet specialises in advising clients from French-speaking countries on a variety of tax matters and works fully integrated with the firm's Paris and Luxembourg offices. Core areas of tax expertise include general planning, litigation and assistance with M&A transactions, where it is instructed by corporates, financial institutions and family businesses.
‘Jeantet stands out with the quality of its partners, availability, ability to listen & understand clients’ objectives and most importantly the pertinence of its advice. The Geneva office has a notable depth of experience in creating and reorganising international corporate structures and providing advice to UHNWI/Families.’
Meyerlustenberger Lachenal Ltd is regarded for its experience in tax regulatory matter as well as tax structuring mandates. Furthermore, the team is also regularly involved in various different transactions, where it works closely with the firm's M&A, capital markets and finance departments. Markus Frank Huber is a key contact for clients in the life sciences, consumer products and telecoms sectors. Geneva-based Philippe Mantel made partner in 2019. Thomas Nabholz joined in Zurich from E&Y in October 2019. Urs Behnisch left the firm.
Markus Frank Huber; Philippe Mantel
‘A group of hardworking team players with good commercial sense and always willing to go the extra mile.’
‘Markus Frank Huber has huge experience and is a good planner of reliable structures.’
‘Philippe Mantel is a great team worker in international tax matters.’
Prager Dreifuss AG covers a wide range of tax matters, and is particularly involved in handling tax aspects relating to corporate, financing and real estate transactions. Other active areas are advising private clients on tax planning and administrative assistance procedures, as well as working together with the firm's fintech team on related matters. Practice head Roland Böhi has additional experience in transfer pricing and tax litigation.