Employment in Sweden
Kanter Advokatbyrå KB
Spearheaded by Robert Stromberg and featuring Jens Tillqvist, senior associate Jonas Lindskog and associates Malin Dunér and Niclas Johansson, Advokatfirman Cederquist KB’s employment and benefits practice is a go-to name for financial institutions, industrial companies and prominent employer organisations. In recent litigation highlights, the team represented a Big Four accounting firm in non-solicitation allegations against former employees, and premier Swedish construction companies in trade secrets disputes. The practice also defends clients in unfair dismissal claims, handles staff reorganisations and collective bargaining negotiations, and provides M&A support on high-value, cross-border deals.
Other key lawyers:
Jens Tillqvist; Jonas Lindskog; Malid Dunér; Niclas Johansson
‘Clear, to the point with an empathetic touch.’
‘Jonas Lindskog is highly appreciated. Fast, reliable, to the point, clear on what applies and on recommendations – how to handle different situations yet with empathy for the individual.’
‘The team, Robert Stromberg and Niclas Johansson, are the best lawyers I have worked with so far. I feel we have been in the safest of hands with the court case they are handling for us. They have really been ahead of the game and work efficiently with great engagement.’
‘I especially appreciate Niclas Johansson being so down to earth and engaged in every detail of the court case.’
‘Jens Tillqvist is probably one of the best employment lawyers in Sweden.’
Nasdaq AB, Nasdaq Technology AB and Nasdaq Inc.
Catella Bank AB, Catella Fondförvaltning AB and Catella Bank S.A
The Confederation of Swedish Enterprise
Standard Chartered Bank
William Hill Gametek AB
RLG Europe B.V (Richemont/Cartier)
The Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions
Procter & Gamble Sverige AB
Peab Sverige AB
Cramo AB, Cramo Adapteo AB and Cramo Oy
- Representing Pricewaterhousecoopers in two cases concerning non-solicitation and non-competition clauses before the District Courts of Södertörn and Jönköping respectively. The cases concern former employees that have conducted improper solicitation of the client’s customers in violation of non-solicitation provisions stipulated in the employment agreements.
- Representing Peab Sverige AB in investigations and court proceedings concerning four former key employees’ commencement of a competing business in breach of their duties of loyalty and unauthorised misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Assisted Nordic Capital with its acquisition of the insurance broker Max Matthiessen from Willis Tower Watson.
Mannheimer Swartling’s employment and pensions desk is instructed by an enviable client portfolio of Swedish and international corporates across the full array of sectors. Anders Nordström and practice head Henric Diefke regularly provide strategic advice on global restructuring exercises, dismissals, regulatory compliance work, investigations and M&A transactions. On the contentious side, the group's expertise includes handling trade secrets, professional misconduct and wrongful dismissal claims. The practice also has expertise in pensions matters including policy drafting work and pension litigation, and advises on employee benefits matters including senior remuneration issues and cross-border equity incentive schemes.
Other key lawyers:
‘The whole team has strong skills, both legally and in terms of client relations. Always flexible, and excellent understanding of clients’ needs.’
‘Very responsive, knowledgeable and client oriented team with great talent.’
‘Henric Diefke is a great employment lawyer and very easy to work with.’
Church of Sweden
FNG NV’s acquisition of Ellos Group
GameStop Sweden AB
AB Electrolux, Electrolux Professional AB
Västra Götaland County
Epic Games Sweden AB
- Acting as lead counsel for the Church of Sweden, the former state church and the largest Christian denomination in Sweden, on a global compliance review of its operations abroad.
- Advised ABB, a listed Swiss-Swedish power and automation technology company, on the divestment of 80% of its power grids business to Hitachi.
- Representing Remondis AB, the Swedish subsidiary of one of the world’s largest recycling groups, in a dispute against Borås District Court regarding the acquisition and disclosure of trade secrets by a former employee and his competing business.
Advokatfirman Vinge fields full-service employment teams in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö, respectively led by Fredrik Dahl, Charlotte Forssander and Ingela Malmorg. In contentious highlights, the team recently handled wrongful dismissal arbitration proceedings, trade secrets disputes and disputes involving allegations of criminal misconduct. The highly regarded internal investigations practice is regularly engaged by a distinguished client roster of Swedish and international corporates; the group also advises on M&A and collective bargaining negotiations. Åsa Gotthardsson is a go-to partner for multijurisdictional workforce restructurings and strategic boardroom issues.
Fredrik Dahl; Charlotte Forssander; Ingela Malmorg
Other key lawyers:
‘Charlotte Forssander gives the best support you can have for any business.’
‘Practical, commercially focused advice. Depth of knowledge/expertise. Good language skills. Great value for money.’
‘Commercial focus and awareness. The ability to get up to speed very quickly. Excellent communication.’
‘I have never seen such a commitment from a law firm and dedication as well, all involved were very professional and kept me updated on my case. This is a very big change from other firms.’
‘It is a hardworking team with great knowledge and competence within its area of expertise.’
‘They are extremely dedicated to serving their clients in the best possible way. While they are very professional and ensure legal compliance they are also pragmatic in advising on potential solutions and risks.’
‘Fantastic to work with, pragmatic and professional.’
‘The team is very professional, reliable, has extremely high knowledge and experience and has helped my company so many times. Always with best results.’
Bristol Myers Squibb
TUI Nordic AB
ACO Nordic AB
King / Midasplayer AB
Nordic Entertainment Group AB
Cycleurope Sverige AB
Britax Childcare Group Limited
BVT Sweden AB
- Assisted Nordic Entertainment Group AB with its move to a new operating model to act with smaller, more focused, more integrated and more operational groups of executive management team’s of eight leaders.
- Represented Britax Childcare Group Limited in an international arbitration regarding the immediate dismissal of a senior executive in Sweden.
- Defended BVT Sweden AB against allegations of trade secrets infringement brought by a competing company, at which all of the founders of BVT were previously employed.
Baker McKenzie’s employment and compensation practise is headed up by Sten Bauer, who applies his expertise to large-scale M&A deals and strategic workforce restructuring exercises. Johan Zetterström has a diverse practice, handling a range of matters from employee transfers and associated union negotiations to internal misconduct investigations and the subsequent terminations. The team also acts in wrongful termination disputes.
Other key lawyers:
Johan Zetterström; Annahita Amini
‘Overall Baker McKenzie has a very good team of employment lawyers. Very professional and friendly. Very nice to work with.’
‘Sten Bauer is very knowledgeable about the local employment laws and knows how to manage difficult situations.’
‘Excellent team of professional, easy-going, pragmatic and accessible people.’
‘I think that Baker McKenzie, in addition to having great staff and knowledge, has an extra level of service creating a sense of strength and capability for their clients. They make it feel like the are there for your sake and that you are in charge but with their extra muscles.’
‘The people I met at Baker McKenzie went out of their way to make sure we felt like we had someone in our corner during the time we got their help. It was a sensitive matter so that was greatly appreciated. They described every step of the way in a manner that was adjusted to our level of knowledge of laws and procedures. Johan Zetterström was the person we worked with the most and we valued our work together greatly.’
‘When you as a company are in need of legal advice, or enter a legal negotiation, you want to work with the best company and the best lawyers, and that is why I can recommend Baker McKenzie! The Baker McKenzie labour law team is outstanding compared to other firms, being more proactive, knowledgeable and providing clearer solutions than other firms.’
‘Top employment practice which is evident in all aspects I have encountered as a client. Extremely well informed about the latest trends and what is happening in the field of employment law, which makes me as a client feel completely confident that I get the best possible support, advice and strategies to apply to my business. They are extremely knowledgeable. Strong business acumen. Fast and accessible. Pragmatic. Strategic negotiators.’
Jones Lang LaSalle
Henry Schein, Inc.
Tencent Holdings Limited
- Advised Hitachi in connection with its proposed acquisition of a majority of the power grids division of ABB.
- Advised Jimmab Förvaltningsaktiebolag on the sale of Nordic play centre businesses Busfabriken, Eventyrfabrikken and Börnenes Eventyrfabrik to Equip Capital and assisted with the negotiation of new contracts for the executive team.
- Advised Jones Land LaSalle Holding AB on the remodelling of incentive programmes including the corporate, employment and tax considerations.
DLA Piper is a go-to firm for instructions at the cross section of employment and data privacy law. Practice head Johan Sundberg handles global employee data transfers, collective bargaining agreements, strategic reorganisations and senior executive contracts for an extensive global client base. Following the retirement of employment disputes partner Mats Borgström, senior associate Dino Kalamujic is a key contact for termination disputes.
Other key lawyers:
Dino Kalamujic; Björn Rustare
‘What I love about working with DLA is that they are present in so many jurisdictions. For me being a client operating in more 14 countries this is a great advantage. We work with DLA both for privacy matters and employment law. Dino Kalamujic is coordinating all our projects within employment law and he is outstanding. He is easy going without compromising on his professionalism. He is a true people person and has the ability to understand the client on a personal and commercial level. He is a very skilled lawyer with an amazing ability to utilise the international network of a multinational law firm.’
‘An excellent combination of business understanding and legal knowledge providing guidance that is not only legally correct but also works in the business.’
‘Social and communication skills balanced with effectiveness of processing urgent matters.’
‘I have been working with DLA Piper for quite some time now and I’m really satisfied with the results and the service. They are always quick, pragmatic, to the point, challenging you in your way of thinking, coming up with creative and alternative solutions and making big problems feel easy to overcome. Working with DLA Piper is a true partnership.’
Confederation of Swedish Professionals
ITV Studios Nordic
Turner Broadcasting System Europe
BNP Paribas Bank
Marsh & McLennan
- Advising EasyPark on all of its day-to-day employment matters in Sweden on a cross-practice basis.
- Advising BNP Paribas Bank, the leading France-based global financial institution, on various employment matters including reorganisations and senior executive issues.
- Advising Jimmy Choo on all ongoing employment matters linked to its establishment in Sweden.
Elmzell Advokatbyrå AB, member of Ius Laboris
A mix of domestic owner-managed businesses and established global corporates instructs Elmzell Advokatbyrå AB, member of Ius Laboris’ employment practice for litigation and employment advisory services. Practice head Jenny Hellberg, with support from associates Sofia Lysén and Petter Wenehult, acts in a high volume of unfair dismissal claims, workplace environment investigations, and non-compete and trade secrets disputes; the group also handles workforce restructurings and the related trade union negotiations. The firm’s association with the Ius Laborus network greatly assists with cross-border mandates including international pensions law advice.
Other key lawyers:
Sofia Lysén; Petter Wenehult
‘They are fast to respond and pragmatic.’
‘ Jenny Hellberg has good knowledge of employment law and has a pragmatic approach. Always accommodating and quick in thought and action.’
‘Elmzell is very customer oriented and has a great understanding of a business like ours. They always respond quickly to our needs and provide guidance and consultation when needed. The expertise seems to be on a high level and up to date.’
‘Swift response to emails and available for phone calls when needed. The information/advice provided is practical and to the point.’
‘The communication with Petter Wenehult is always very pleasant and the information/advice he provides us with is practical and to the point which is very much appreciated! Petter makes you aware of all the legal risks but also thinks along with the business.’
Envera Sverige AB
- Represented domestic IT company Apsis in an unfair dismissal claim filed by a former employee.
- Obtained a favourable result for trading company Energa Sverige in a claim for unfair dismissal.
Morris Law’s employment and pensions practice head Martin Vildhede has a broad skill set, handling matters ranging from large-scale redundancies, reorganisations and immigration issues to trade secrets litigation and trade union disputes in the automotive sector. Roger Wier, Carl-Fredrik Hedenström and senior counsel Dan Bullarbo advise on all issues pertaining to HR guidance, discrimination claims, workplace investigations and M&A matters. The engineering, real estate, retail and IT sectors are key areas of focus for the team. The tailor-made Morris Connect platform assists clients with daily project-management duties.
Other key lawyers:
Roger Wier; Carl-Fredrik Hedenström; Dan Bullarbo
‘Solution oriented with a profound labour law knowledge.’
‘Martin Vildhede stands out as a very skilled lawyer with impressive knowledge in labour law. My company appreciates him for being very professional and a positive solution-oriented negotiator. If you need advice Martin gets back to you very quickly and with very knowledgeable guidance. The complete lack of snobbishness is not only a relief but proof of good values and ethics. With Martin I can discuss openly and find good solutions.’
‘Dan Bullarbo’s deep knowledge of employment law is deeper than anyone I’ve ever met, and he’s got more experience than most. In fact, he’s hands down the best I’ve ever worked with.’
‘For me it’s about the knowledge, and being able to work efficiently. I’ve always felt that Morris Law provides great value and efficient ways to collaborate.’
‘Martin is really a strong asset concerning employment law and when negotiating with the unions.’
‘Morris Law has always provided outstanding employment practice services along with professionalism and personal service to us. Their availability and flexibility to work with short time notices and deadlines is very appreciated. Also, having a point of contact for a company as ours, makes the communication very easy and secure and we have built a relationship together.’
‘Martin Vildhede’s knowledge of labour law stands out from other external parties we have operated with. His flexibility and open mindset to adapt when needed is they key to our great collaboration. The engagement from Martin is always exceptional and makes us feel unique and that is one of the reasons we see a long-term collaboration with the firm.’
Minmetals North-Europe AB
Sennheiser Nordic A/S
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
China-Euro Vehicle Technology AB
SGN Group Oy & Team Sportia AB
- Advised Victoria’s Secret on all employment law-related matters – including preparing employment agreements, policies, templates and advising on collective bargaining agreements – in connection with the opening of its first two flagship stores in Sweden.
- Advised China Euro Vehicle Technology on a complex termination matter involving several employees and a competing business.
- Advised Sennheiser on the reorganisation of its whole European legal structure. Assisted with terminations and transferring employees to new legal entities, as well as cross-border matters involving all Nordic countries.
Hi-tech clients in the medtech, healthtech, IT, software and gaming sectors instruct Setterwalls on the full span of labour and employment issues. Co-head Åsa Erlandsson leads on workplace environment, discrimination and misconduct investigations, while co-head Henrik Kjellander handles restructurings, terminations, transfers and contractual negotiations. Erlandsson and counsel Emma Jarkell are also currently acting in trade collective bargaining litigation in the FMCG sector, which is a key focus industry for the group alongside the construction and automotive sectors.
Henrik Kjellander; Åsa Erlandsson
Other key lawyers:
‘Unique, service minded and loyal to their customers building close, trustworthy and ethical long-term partnerships.’
‘I have worked closely with three individuals in different issues and processes we have been in through out the years. They have all been outstanding compared to other firms I have worked with before.They are always extremely service minded, working very closely with us, always being several steps ahead, working with extreme thoroughness and efficiency in everything they do in order to find solutions to take us further. They are easy to get in touch with, polite and easy to collaborate with.’
‘Great knowledge, solid advice, always takes the time.’
‘A very business-oriented team that really strives for finding real world solutions to complex matters.’
‘As a client, I feel noticed and really taken seriously. There is a genuine feeling of wanting to provide me with the best advice.’
‘Personal and spot-on service, always with a very pragmatic approach to our cases and high speed and flexibility in responding to calls and emails.’
The Central Bank of Sweden
- Acted for Transdev in a case in the Labour Court involving initial claims for damages from a blue-collar trade union amounting to SEK23m due to the alleged breach of a collective bargaining agreement.
- Advised Caverion on investigations regarding the disclosure and use of trade secrets.
- Advised Workforce Loqic on a restructuring, which included union consultations.
Advokatfirman Schjødt’s employment and pensions practice works closely with the firm's M&A department on corporate transactions, company restructurings and outsourcing projects. Practice head Jenny Jilmstad advises on collective bargaining agreements, HR governance issues, employee disputes including trade secrets claims, and workplace investigations. The group counts a number of labour market organisations on its client list.
EF Education First
British Tourist Authority
La Francaise des Jeux
- Advised Education First on working-time issues and a pilot project in relation to changing working hours for employees worldwide.
- Assisted XL Bygg AB and Mestergruppen with all employment law considerations in relation to the acquisition of all shares in Bolist AB.
- Assisted Paradox Interactive with a number of employment law questions, including in relation to a collective bargaining agreement for its Swedish business.
Life sciences and technology clients instruct Bird & Bird’s employment practice on the full scope of issues, with recent matters pertaining to subsidy schemes, immigration law, salary restructurings, work-from-home procedures, office closures and union consultations. Practice head Katarina Åhlberg handles large-scale workforce reorganisations and multijurisdictional integration projects. Recent contentious highlights included data theft claims and employee misconduct proceedings. Ottilia Boström departed to Advokatfirman Lindahl KB.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team has excellent competence and pragmatic approach, they show great understanding for client business and adapt their advice. Strong client service.’
‘Bird & Bird provides a capable and fast responding team with vast knowledge in labour law matters. They have various team members with expertise in specific areas which makes them a good partner for any company with workforce related legal matters.’
‘Lucas Magnusson at Bird & Bird is an absolutely excellent lawyer. We work with him a lot and he always provides timely and accurate feedback, he is very knowledgeable and provides comprehensive answers and legal advice.’
BT (British Telecom) Group
- Handled Vitruvian Partners’ acquisition of Scrive, one of Europe’s leading providers of electronic signature and identity solutions.
- Advised Swedish investment company Creades on its acquisition of PRNT Printing Solutions, a fast growing e-retailer of digital print products.
- Appointed to BT’s legal panel, advising on all employment law and data protection-related matters across the Nordics.
The human resources practice group at Eversheds Sutherland has notable pensions expertise, which is utilises to advise domestic and international corporate clients on pension fund closures and other related issues. Co-head Per Westman assists with cross-border transactions, reorganisations and litigation, while fellow co-head Torbjörn Lindmark provides his client roster (which includes companies in the retail and financial services sectors) with advice on workplace environment regulations, employee data issues and HR policies.
Per Westman; Torbjörn Lindmark
‘Very quick in replying, practical, and always service and solution oriented.’
‘Very polite and supportive. Always takes the time to explain and break it down. As I am not a Swedish native, this is something critical for me, so I am able to solve and handle difficult situations in my company without putting ourselves at risk. I was always supported on any challenge I reached out for.’
AB Svensk Filmindustri
The Absolut Company
3M Svenska AB
Enaco Sverige AB
Contentious highlights for Advokatfirman Lindahl KB’s employment team included co-head Cecilia Kindgren-Bengtsson handling numerous unfair dismissal disputes due to a data theft in the construction sector, and co-head Anders Leijon representing trade unions in unfair dismissal claims. The practice also acts in sexual harassment disputes and internal investigations, and advises on workforce reductions, senior terminations, employee data questions and M&A transactions. Olov Kling is a highly rated senior associate and Ottilia Boström joined from Bird & Bird.
Cecilia Kindgren-Bengtsson; Anders Leijon
Other key lawyers:
Olov Kling; Ottilia Boström
‘Expertise, flexibility, always ready to help and reliable.’
‘Capable! Gives concrete advice applicable in the real world in addition to well-drafted, well-thought-through documents. Lindahl has become our trusted advisor.’
‘Olov Kling stands out in his professionalism and commitment to not only help resolve issues but prevent new ones from occurring.’
‘They have a deep understanding about employment law, and a way of transferring that into practical and structured legal advice. I have found that with many law firms you get the correct legal advice, but not much more. At Lindahl I find that you get both the legal advice, as well as practical advice that enables you to actually take action.’
‘My experience is that they are fast to adapt to new legal situations and questions. And they make themselves available when needed. And perhaps most important of all, they get involved on a practical level with you as a client. Here I would especially like to mention Olov Kling who has always provided an exceptional service.’
Svenska Fönster AB
The municipality of Staffanstorp
The Bjurfors Company
AGN Haga AB
Scan Global Logistics A/S
ELON Group AB
Global Mobility Moving AB
- Advised Tieto Corporation on all labour law matters relating to the cross-border merger between leading Nordic IT company Tieto, and Norway’s largest IT company Evry.
- Advising Global Mobility Moving AB regarding a major reorganisation of the business, including complex structural issues, TUPE matters and co-determination negotiations.
- Defending trade union Kyrkans Akademikerförbund in court proceedings (the Swedish Labour Court) regarding the summary dismissal of one of its employees.
Karolin Eklund, who is co-head of Magnusson Advokatbyrå’s employment practice, leads on mandates involving M&A and outsourcing transactions, staff reorganisations and transfers, trade union negotiations and general contract drafting issues. Fellow co-head Magdalena Berg leads the contentious group, which handles a range of claims encompassing litigation and investigations concerning trade secrets, wrongful termination disputes, and all forms of professional misconduct claims. The financial services, automotive, FMCG and retail industries are sectors of focus.
Karolin Eklund; Magdalena Berg
Syngenta Sweden AB
Flight Centre Travel Group
- Providing Syngenta, a leading agriculture company, with general employment advice, including labour union negotiations and contract drafting.
- Advising Secret Escapes, a members-only British travel company, in connection with employment law matters in Sweden, including terminations and drafting local employment contract templates.
- Advising Tesla on labour law matters in Sweden, Denmark and Finland.
With a strong footprint in Malmö and Gothenburg, MAQS Advokatbyrå’s employment practice has extensive client roster of domestic companies and also acts for several international corporates. Group co-head Lars Lövgren handles the breadth of contracting issues, M&A work, terminations and executive compensation planning matters, while co-head Mats Nilsson takes on employment disputes concerning wrongful terminations and damages claims before the Labour Court. New client wins include public bodies, municipalities, retail chains, and media and construction companies.
Lars Lövgren; Mats Nilsson
‘Down to earth and pragmatic but still customer leaning in a very professional way.’
‘This firm has great competence, professional results and provides security.’
‘Personal service, fast response times and always a genuine responsibility and interest in the result being successful.’
Cyan Racing AB
- Assisting Trelleborgs FF with new senior employment contracts and providing support on negotiations regarding short-time work allowance.
- Assisting a high volume of clients with support and advice within employment law related to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Successfully defended Skåneinstallatören AB against a claim by a former employee regarding an alleged wrongful termination and damages due to the termination.
Roschier’s employment team handles a high volume of executive-level matters including C-suite investigations, senior remuneration issues, global executive agreements, terminations and the related disputes. Practice head Jenny Welander Wadström and senior associate Elin Osbeck have experience in handling #MeToo investigations, and Therese Almgren adds to the transactional expertise of the team; the firm’s extensive private equity client base routinely instructs the group on multijurisdictional M&A deals.
Jenny Welander Wadström
Other key lawyers:
Elin Osbeck; Therese Almgren; Sanna Hammoud
‘Understanding of complex situations and cultural aspects. Pragmatism; making the legal framework easily understandable; providing relevant and practical advice. Availability, delivering within a short notice. Managed situations on our behalf since travels were not allowed during Covid-19 (meeting with employees and/or union representatives).’
‘Jenny Welander Wadström is a very good listener, close to our business and challenges. Long-term relationship since we started our business in Sweden Always spot on with clear communication.’
‘A very talented, agile and competent labour law team with a modern and business oriented mindset. Great consultation that provides us as a client with the support we always need!’
‘Skilled team that rejoices in their work. Compared to competitors I found the depth of their knowledge, together with the seamless support from their team very unique. Clear alternatives for further actions and recommendation based on situation analysis.’
‘The support we have received from Roschier was outstanding as they actually put themselves in our shoes and hinted or even elaborated on topics that might be important to us, but of which we as a foreign company would not have asked about.’
‘Elin Osbeck is the individual I had contact with the most. She always kept deadlines even if they were very short. Her responses were very organised, structured, and on point.’
Assa Abloy AB
Jost Werke AG
Brunswick Real Estate
Reach for Change
- Advised ASSA ABLOY on a major reorganisation of ASSA ABLOY Entrance System and its acquisition of the Swiss-listed company agta record from an employment law perspective, and on the implementation of short-term layoffs in over ten countries.
- Advised Solör Bioenergi Fjärrvärme on the acquisition of all common shares in Vasa Värme Holding from Luxembourg-based company Swedish District Heating 1.
- Advising TF Bank on a cross-border statutory merger of Norwegian subsidiary BB Bank ASA and Finnish subsidiary Avarda Oy and a statutory merger of Swedish subsidiary Avarda AB.
The labour and employment team at Advokatfirman Törngren Magnell handles internal investigations, trade secrets disputes, large-scale reorganisations, collective bargaining negotiations and pensions issues. The team works closely with the firm's corporate desk on M&A transactions and corporate expansions; counsel Lisa Ericsson is a key name for transactional work. International instructions for the group have recently increased in volume; practice head Anna Jerndorf advised on cross-border workforce reductions, whistleblowing mandates and working environment issues for multinational corporates.
Other key lawyers:
‘Swift, correct and kind. Will respond quickly and help you with your problem asap.’
‘Anna Jerndorf has a way of letting you know that she really cares about your problem and will walk the extra mile to help you with the solution.’
‘I really appreciated working with Lisa Ericsson and Anna Jerndorf. I am absolutely recommending them to companies that need law advice. Lisa and Anna are very competent attorneys, they give quick and professional advice.’
‘Always available in short notice with the right skills to assist in any HR matter.’
‘They are always eager to meet my requirements and timelines with high availability and high skills. They are excellent in creating good relationships and fast to learn the business so it feels like you are working side by side almost as an internal partner. I have worked closely with Anna Jerndorf for a number of cases the last year and always received top quality in all deliveries.’
‘This practice is very close to the business and that makes the counselling outstanding. The service is fantastic, it is never a problem when you need help. When I contact them they will help me in a very professional way and they are always updated. It is a pleasure to call them because of their service and knowledge.’
‘Accessible, really nice to work with, great knowledge about the field and provide practical advice.’
‘Anna Jerndorf is a great employment lawyer. Excellent knowledge and gives practical advice that has been very useful to us. Our go-to lawyer in any employment matter.’
Otsuka Pharma Europe
Hafa Bathroom Group
Team Olivia Group
Avanade (JV between Accenture and Microsoft)
- Advised Thomas Cook Northern Europe/Ving Group in connection with the financial rescue and sale of the business to a consortium of Strawberry Equities AS, Altor Fund V and TDR Capital, including advice on labour and employment-related matters.
- Advised Apoteket, Sweden’s leading state-owned pharmaceuticals retailer, in connection with its investment in and cooperation with digital healthcare provider Doktor24, owned by Wallenberg’s Investor (through Patricia Industries).
- Representing NRC Group ASA in a complex lawsuit where two former employees have raised claims for financial and general damages towards NRC Group ASA’s Swedish subsidiary.
Wistrand’s employment practice attracts multinational companies in the construction, healthcare, technology and media sectors to its client roster. Practice co-head Jakob Bernander leads on issues pertaining to employee remunerations, restructurings, termination procedures, collective bargaining negotiations and corporate transactions. Litigator and co-head Jörgen Larsson recently acted in trade secrets litigation, and the group also has expertise in complex insolvency-related employment work.
Jakob Bernander; Jörgen Larsson
‘They are very competent therefore very reliable and always available.’
‘Pragmatic and service minded.’
‘Jakob Bernander is easy to work with and very service minded.’
‘High degree of service and always a friendly welcome. Very accessible, which we appreciate as matters we want to discuss often are urgent. Always do fact-based research, which makes us feel that we can trust the answers we get.’
Swedish Construction Federation (Sveriges Byggindustrier)
ICDS Constructors Ltd
Michael Weinig AG and Raimann Holzoptimierung GmbH & Co
- Acting as regular outside counsel to the Swedish Construction Federation in litigation matters regarding the interpretation of collective bargaining agreements.
Advokatfirman Delphi’s employment practice is headed up by Magnus Berterud, who regularly advises on employee reorganisations, redundancies, contract transfers, trade union negotiations, and the employment aspects of M&A transactions. The group's client base encompasses significant global names from a range of sectors including the retail and life sciences industries.
Södra Skogsägarna Ekonomisk Förening
NIIBE Industrier AB
Samsoe & Samsoe
Doctors Without Borders (MSF)
EY Law's employment department is led by Paula Hogéus and has a focus on cross-border workforce restructurings, redundancy procedures and workforce risk management issues. The group also provides support on real estate and M&A transactions.
Hannes Snellman’s employment practice provides the full spectrum of HR support, ranging from executive agreements, incentives and terminations to trade secret issues, union consultations and cross-border employee transfers. Practice head Jenny Lundberg and associate Josephine Lindgren regularly lend their expertise to M&A transactions, corporate expansions and cooperation agreements.
Other key lawyers:
‘Very practical advice, excellent service and prompt responses to queries.’
‘Jenny Lundberg and Josephine Lindgren are excellent lawyers who provide high-quality, practical advice.’
‘Provides hands-on advice which can easily be acted on. While being extremely skilled at the practice area as such, they also excel at communicating their expertise. When engaging Jenny Lundberg, I always know that I will get the answers I need, not only on the interpretation of the relevant provisions but of the situation at hand and advice on how to practically handle it.’
‘Jenny Lundberg, being head of the practice group, is everything I need in an employment lawyer and more. Always on top of any question I raise within the employment space, provides advice for the real world and I don’t need to know all the things to ask beforehand. She’s an excellent partner in guiding me to the right answers and pragmatic solutions.’
‘The employment team at Hannes Snellman consistently delivers top-quality advice quickly. Their availability is outstanding and they add value beyond that of most others.’
‘Jenny Lundberg is outstanding with her hands-on, pragmatic advice style in complicated situations. Josephine Lindgren is by all accounts a rising star as she continuously impresses with outstanding availability and very high-quality advice in relation to seniority.’
Oy Karl Fazer AB
Calabrio Sweden AB
Stirling Square Capital Partners LLP
NEP Group, Inc
Transdev Sverige AB
Tata Steel Sweden Byggsystem AB
Charles River Laboratories Inc.
Hamilton Nordic AB
Globart Projects Sweden AB
Nordic Growth Market NGM Aktiebolag
Impact Coatings AB
Digital Route AB
- Advised Fazer Group on the divestment of Fazer Food Services AB, in regards to due diligence, drafting and negotiating employment documentation and separation advice (including a transfer of undertaking), with a strong focus on union consultations.
- Advised YIT Oyj on employment issues regarding the divestment of its paving and mineral aggregates.
- Advised Calabrio (a portfolio company of KKR) on its acquisition of Teleopti AB (a global provider of cloud-based workforce management software) from HoldIt Communication AB.
Johan Karlman, who leads the employment practice at Hellström Law, advises domestic and international employers and trade unions on contractual issues, employment disputes, workforce reductions and collective bargaining negotiations. Natalie Stjernström has an active investigations practice, acting in discrimination and workplace harassment claims, and also handles terminations and union negotiations. Anna Fernqvist Svensson has expertise in employee data and GDPR-related issues.
Other key lawyers:
Natalie Stjernström; Anna Fernqvist Svensson
Luxottica Nordic AB
L & T Technology Services Sverige filial
Matthews International Corporation
Amtico International AB
- Assisted Luxottica with negotiating collective bargaining agreements regarding short-time work.
- Provided legal advice to Globgro in connection with a discrimination case brought by a former employee.
- Advising L & T Technology Services on a large number of HR-related matters including assistance with a redundancy, which included union consultations and advice regarding short-time work agreements.
Wesslau Söderqvist Advokatbyrå
Wesslau Söderqvist Advokatbyrå’s human resources group advises international clients (particularly in the aviation and telecoms sectors) on the breadth of labour and employment issues. Co-head Jessica Stålhammar assists with collective bargaining agreements, M&A transactions, union negotiations and disputes. Fellow co-heads Anders Ripp and Petra Loodberg lead on insolvency-related reorganisations, and co-head Martin Bergander adds his expertise to terminations and trade secrets issues.
Jessica Stålhammar; Petra Loodberg; Martin Bergander; Anders Ripp
‘Quick response times and practical advice.’
‘This practice offers a one-person contact, which means that you do not have to risk talking to new associates all the time. The person in charge is very competent and accessible.’