Legal Advisors, Abdulaziz I. Al-Ajlan & Partners in association with Baker & McKenzie Limited has a sizeable real estate and construction practice with a broad client offering. The real estate practice advises clients in Saudi Arabia, the wider Gulf region and global clients investing in Saudi Arabia. Key areas of work include government and tourism-related matters. The construction practice assists clients with tendering, contracts and construction disputes. Bilal Ambikapathy has a commercial practice focusing on domestic and international hotel projects and real estate transactions. Gavin Witcombe specialises in construction, projects and disputes.
Real estate and construction in Saudi Arabia
Legal Advisors, Abdulaziz I. Al-Ajlan & Partners in association with Baker & McKenzie Limited
Bilal Ambikapathy; Gavin Witcombe
Alinma Investment Company
Maad International Company
Mohammed I. Alsubeaei & Sons Investment Company (MASIC)
Sulaiman Abdulaziz Al Rajhi Real Estate Investment Company
HSBC Saudi Arabia
Royal Commission for AlUla
Rua Al Madinah
Atheel Collection Company
Diplomatic Quarter General Authority
Olayan Financing Company
Saudi Real Estate Development Fund (REDF)
- Acting for Atheel Collection Company in negotiations with Dorchester Academy and GHM Hotels for services in support of the establishment of Saudi Arabia’s first luxury hotel operator.
- Acting for the Royal Commission for AlUla in the drafting of its primary legislation, for the permanent establishment and operation of the Royal Commission, enabling it to undertake a significant array of activities to promote and develop AlUla as a global tourism destination.
- Advising Rua Al Madinah Company on its strata title strategy for the development of a superblock integrated development concept within the Rua Al Madinah masterplan in the holy city of Al Madinah.
Abuhimed Alsheikh Alhagbani Law Firm (AS&H) in co-operation with Clifford Chance
Abuhimed Alsheikh Alhagbani Law Firm (AS&H) in co-operation with Clifford Chance advises on real estate development, financing, and funds matters a range of construction mandates. Majid Al-Sheikh is active in real estate and construction transactions. Managing partner Fahad Abuhimed advises on real estate related public policy and regulatory issues.
Other key lawyers:
Al Tamimi & Company has dedicated practices for hotels and leisure, and real estate. It has particular expertise in the establishment of real estate funds and REITS, as well as hotel portfolio acquisitions and disposals. The construction practice handles a broad range of contentious and non-contentious matters. Practice head Tara Marlow advises on all commercial real estate matters with a strong speciality in mixed-use development and the hotel & leisure industry.
Tara Marlow; Euan Lloyd
Other key lawyers:
Public Investment Fund
Jabal Omar Development Company
Red Sea Development Company
King Abdullah Financial District Development and Management Company (KAFD DMC)
Jones Lang LaSalle
IFA Hotels & Resorts LLC
Deyaar Development PSC
- Advised Real Estate Regulatory Authority on the new regulations related to the registration of real estate in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Advising KAFD DMC across various real estate requirements for its large-scale mixed-use master community that is designed to become one of the financial centres in the Middle East.
Clyde & Co LLP
Clyde & Co LLP is regularly instructed by clients on a mix of contentious and non-contentious real estate and construction matters. Ben Cowling specialises in construction disputes and represents major contractors, developers and public bodies. Peter Greatrex leads the non-contentious work and focuses on infrastructure and housing PPPs. Abdulaziz Al-Bosaily is recommended for litigation and procurement.
Other key lawyers:
Peter Greatrex; Abdulaziz Al-Bosaily
Law Firm of Hassan Mahassni In association with Dechert LLP has a team of real estate and construction lawyers with notable experience advising on the transfer and development of real estate projects. Its client roster features leading domestic and international companies. Atif Mulla and Emad Zahrani jointly lead the practice.
Atif Mulla; Emad Zahrani
King & Spalding LLP has a broad contentious and non-contentious construction practice that has a strong focus on the power and infrastructure market. The real estate team advises across a range of work including title structuring and preparation of governance, management, leasing and sales documentation. Moustafa Said has particular expertise in hospitality, development and corporate sale and leaseback transactions. Tim M. Burbury heads the construction practice and specialises in energy and utilities. Adrian Cole leads the contentious work and focuses on energy and infrastructure disputes, as well as energy- and infrastructure-related arbitration. Managing partner Jawad I. Ali has expertise in corporate and real estate matters.
Jawad I. Ali; Tim M. Burbury; Moustafa Said; Adrian Cole
Sadara Chemical Company
Jeddah Economic Company
Roshn Real Estate
Riyad Capital (Riyadh)
Al Rajhi Capital
Knowledge Economic City
Emirates Hospitals Group
Burj Daman Real Estate Capital Partners
NBK Capital Partners
Al Habib Investment Group
National Investment Corporation
Abu Dhabi Future Energy Company
Electricity de France (EDF)
- Advising Al Rajhi Capital on the acquisition of various properties in Saudi Arabia including warehouses, school properties and medical clinics.
- Advising BUPA on its second round of construction contracts for hospitals in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Advising Akaria Real Estate on a joint venture development with Arabian Dream / Triple 5 on developing the largest mixed-use entertainment and shopping centre development of its kind in the world.
Law Office of Salman M. Al-Sudairi in association with Latham & Watkins LLP focuses on real estate transactions, construction contracts and property finance. Name partner Salman M. Al-Sudairi heads the team.
Salman M. Al-Sudairi
The Law Office of Megren M. Al-Shaalan in cooperation with White & Case has expertise across commercial, residential and infrastructure-related real estate and construction projects. Key individuals include Adam Pierson, Doug Peel and Antoine Cousin.
AlDhabaan & Partners in association with Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP advises on major real estate developments from its Dubai and Riyadh offices. Fahad AlDehais AlMalki, Anmar Al-Gharifi and Paul D Taylor are key names to note.
AlSabhan & AlAjaji Law Firm has a broad client offering which it advises on contentious and non-contentious matters. The real estate litigation work is led by Ibrahim Alajaji. Naif Alsabhan focuses on real estate transactions and litigation.
Ibrahim Alajaji; Philip Corfield-Smith; Mark Raymont; Peter Blackmore
Grupo Cobra & Tawzea Consortium
Arabian BEMCO Contracting Co. Ltd
- Advised NCP on regulatory matters and two PPP procurements.