Real estate in Poland
CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang Pośniak i Bejm sp.k.
The team at CMS is noted for assisting property funds with the acquisition and sale of real estate assets, and advising developers, banks, lessors and occupiers on every stage of the investment process. The department is jointly led by experienced transactional lawyer Wojciech Koczara, Anna Brzoza-Ostrowska, who is a specialist in the industrial and logistics sectors; and Lidia Dziurzyńska-Leipert, who also leads the firm's German desk. In 2019, Katarzyna Dębińska-Pietrzyk left the firm for DWF Poland Jamka Sp.k.
Wojciech Koczara; Lidia Dziurzyńska-Leipert; Anna Brzoza-Ostrowska
‘The team is very committed to all legal aspects of each case. Always friendly and available. The solutions proposed are always to the point, even in unusual situations.‘
‘Lidia Dziurzyńska-Leipert is approachable, optimistic, engaged and compassionate.‘
‘In many cases, Lidia Dziurzyńska-Leipert is able to explain the complexity of each case and advise the best approach in negotiations. She is very committed. Very professional and available.‘
ReInvest Asset Management
Aberdeen Standard Investment
Corum Asset Management
UBM Development AG
Allianz Real Estate
- Advising REInvest Asset Management on the sale of the PAR Tower office building in Warsaw and its conversion into a hostel to hotel owner and operator A&O.
- Advising Commerzbank on the sale of the Zielony Targówek shopping centre.
- Advised Aberdeen Standard on the acquisition of logistics warehouses in Krakow and Warsaw.
Dentons fields a team, which handles high-value real estate investments in Poland, as well as CEE region cross-border transactions involving Poland. In addition to all phases of the investment process, the group is also able to draw on the firm's strong tax and finance departments. Domestic and international institutional investors, developers, lenders and borrowers make up a large part of the client base. Paweł Dębowski, who is also co-chair of the firm's European real estate group, jointly leads the Warsaw-based team with Piotr Szafarz, who is a specialist in transactions involving shopping malls and warehouses. Bartłomiej Kordeczka is noted for transactions in the hotel and leisure sectors, while Monika Sitowicz is a commercial real estate expert.
Piotr Szafarz; Paweł Dębowski
Atrium European Real Estate
GLL Real Estate Partners
Echo Polska Properties
- Advised Atrium European Real Estate on the €301m acquisition of the Wars Sawa Junior department store complex in Warsaw from PFCEE, a fund managed by CBRE Global Investors.
- Advised Skanska on the sale of a portfolio of two office buildings at Silesia Business Park in Katowice (Poland) to Philippine investor ISOC.
- Advised Ghelamco on the sale of building C of the Warsaw Spire office complex located in Warsaw, Poland.
Seasoned real estate lawyer Jolanta Nowakowska-Zimoch heads up the team at Greenberg Traurig Grzesiak sp. k., which regularly handles high-profile transactions in the Polish market. Of note, Nowakowska-Zimoch and Radomił Charzyński assisted Madison International Realty and Ghelamco with the €386m disposal of Warsaw Spire A to Immofinanz through a share purchase agreement. Lawyers are instructed by acquirers and sellers, tenants and landlords, developers and lenders on transactions across the office, retail and logistics sectors. Clients also benefit form the firm's other departments, with access to solid expertise in capital markets, M&A, tax, private equity and banking and finance matters. Real estate finance expert Agnieszka Stankiewicz is another key name, while senior associate Kamil Majewski is developing strong real estate expertise.
‘Experience in the real estate sector having worked large and complex transactions; Strong leadership of the group including superb partners and associates; clear responsibilities and accountability and strong communication.‘
‘Agnieszka Stankiewicz is great in deal management, proposing solutions and negotiating for the client’s best interest. She understand all the aspects of real estate but also of M&A context.‘
‘Smartest real estate lawyers I have worked with on the transaction side so far. Reliable, responsive and going the extra mile if required.‘
Cromwell European Real Estate Investment Trust
Madison International Realty LLP
Invesco Real Estate
Union Investment Real Estate
Hansainvest Real Assets
- Advised Madison International Realty and Ghelamco on the €386m sale of the tallest office building in Warsaw, Warsaw Spire A, via a share purchase agreement with Immofinanz.
- Advised HB Reavis Group on the €200m sale of two A class office buildings, part of the Gdański Business Center complex in the centre of Warsaw, to Savills Investment Management, acting on behalf of a global pension fund.
- Advised Akron Investment Central Eastern Europe II and Heitman, acting as asset manager, on the sale of the Warsaw Trade Tower office building to Globalworth Poland Real Estate.
Real estate, construction and planning issues are at the centre of Linklaters' expertise, advising domestic and international real estate investors, developers and occupiers. The group regularly assists with property acquisitions and disposals, real estate M&A, sale and leaseback transactions, as well as environmental law, permitting work and planning issues. Artur Kulawski heads up the department, which fields counsel Weronika Guerquin-Koryzma, who is experienced in lease negotiations, and managing associate Adriana Andrzejewska.
‘The real estate practice is very strong. The lawyers have deep experience and extensive knowledge in real estate transactions. They are very involved and aware of the specifics of the real estate sector in Poland. The team skilfully and wisely assesses risks and manages transactions from the very early stage.‘
‘Responsive and proactive, the practice offers a great mix of experienced partners and highly skilled younger attorneys who are client and results focused.‘
‘They team ensures full-service guidance in the full cycle of commercial real estate deals. This includes high quality competence, market experience and astute legal know how. Their advisory is on a par and often exceeds other market leaders.‘
Accelerate Property Fund
CBRE Global Investors
CPI Property Group
Galleon Capital Management
Griffin Real Estate
KanAm Grund Group
Kulczyk Silverstein Properties
Nuveen Real Estate
Patron Capital Management
Skanska Property Poland
UBS Real Estate
W. P. Carey
- Advising Globalworth on the €190m acquisition of the office buildings Skylight and Lumen located in Warsaw from Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield.
- Advised Griffin Real Estate and Redefine Properties on the €200m acquisition of logistics properties located in Poland by funds managed by one of the largest American companies managing assets on a global scale.
- Advising ECE European Prime Shopping Centre Fund II on the €298m purchase of two shopping centres – Atrium Koszalin and Atrium Felicity in Lublin.
Baker & McKenzie Krzyżowski i Wspólnicy Spółka Komandytowa stands out for its expertise in commercial, residential, logistics and infrastructure development projects, as well as real estate sale and acquisition transactions in Poland. The residential sector is a particular strength for the group, which advises sellers and buyers, including major asset managers, on portfolio transactions. Department head Małgorzata Pietrzak-Paciorek is also chair of the firm's global real estate steering committee, and is a highly experienced transactional real estate specialist. Mateusz Grabiec has a strong track record in real estate and construction. Joanna Wojnarowska left the firm in mid-2020.
Zeitgeist Asset Management
HOCHTIEF Development Poland
Centerscape Investments Poland
Corum Asset Management
Polski Holding Nieruchomości (PHN)
White Star Real Estate
- Advised Mapletree Investments on its acquisition of a portfolio of companies across the EU, consisting of around a dozen industrial properties and warehouses.
- Continuous support regarding the expansion of Zeitgeist’s portfolio of real properties in Poland.
- Advised Centerscape on the acquisition of four retail properties located in Poland.
Clifford Chance's team, which is led by Daniel Kopania, has a strong transactional real estate practice, which handles a range of matters including Hillwood Europe's €320m sale of the Encore logistics asset portfolio to Mapletree. The team is instructed by sellers and buyers, and is also able to utilise the firms' wider finance offering. Counsel Aleksandra Jach is also recommended for her transactional expertise in the office, retail and logistics sectors.
‘Very responsive, partner led service with strong associate support. Sensible approach to fees which are always competitive. First class service all round including from support teams.‘
‘Daniel Kopania provides pragmatic, astute advice. He doesn’t get distracted fighting non-points. Makes sure that matters are resourced in a cost-effective way.‘
‘We mostly work with Bartek Kaniasty, Maciej Bochenski and Marcin Krysa and find each of them very responsive and helpful. Their clients are clearly very important to them.‘
- Advised Hillwood on the €320m disposal of the Encore portfolio of logistics assets in Poland to Mapletree.
- Advised Blackstone on the acquisition and financing of a Polish portfolio constituting a part of a portfolio of 24 logistics centres in Poland, Germany and France from Goodman.
- Advised The Hut Group on the £700m acquisition of all the shares in the owner of real property on which a logistics centre has been developed, which included a legal due diligence and transactional advice during the acquisition process.
The team at DLA Piper is noted for handling local and cross-border portfolio transactions. In particular, the firm has a focus on risk-management issues, giving it expertise in structuring transactions and allowing it to provide support in relation to closing and post-closing matters. In terms of greenfield and development projects, the group has significant experience in office and warehouse developments, and also has expertise in commercialisation issues, advising tenants and landlords; the group advised WeWork on its expansion into the Polish market. Co-managing partner Jacek Giziński heads up the group, and has a background in corporate law. Promoted to partner in mid-2019, Michał Pietuszko has experience in real estate, development and construction transactions, while counsel Agnieszka Lehwark focuses on acquisitions in the logistics sector.
‘The team that I worked with stands out from other firms and delivers superb service. They are hands-on, highly responsive and understand the commercial detail of the transaction.‘
‘Jacek Gizinski, as the head of real estate team, not only takes the lead on everything himself, but is available at any time and familiar with every single aspect of the transaction in each jurisdiction.‘
‘The team members are deal-driven solution finders, able to find solutions to any problem that may occur.‘
Corestate Capital Holding
Elite Logistics Fund
Employees Provident Fund (managed by Savills Investment Management)
Revetas Capital Advisors
Tokio Marine HCC
Zeus Capital Management
- Advised Revetas Capital on the cross-border acquisition of TriGranit, concerning eight A-class office buildings in Poland and one A-class office building in Slovakia, as well as development land in Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and Croatia.
- Advised Santander Bank Polska, Landesbank Hessen- Thiringen Girozentrale, Bank Polska Kasa Opieki, Unicredit and HB Reavis Poland on the due diligence and financing of the €350m Varso Project.
- Advised Zeus Capital Management on the acquisition of the Graffit office building in Warsaw from Hines.
As a key practice for Gide Loyrette Nouel in Poland, the real estate team has expertise throughout the life cycle of real estate transactions. In particular, the group handles asset and share deals, joint ventures, zoning and construction issues, as well as financing and commercialisation work including leasing mandates and advice to tenants. Outside of the transactional arena, the group assists with asset management issues. Marcin Muszel is the practice head, while associate Tomasz Roszczyc stands out for transaction structurings, lease agreements, and administrative and regulatory matters.
‘Very good contact with partner and associate, high availability, responsiveness and readiness to work, good process management.‘
‘Friendly approach to cooperation.‘
BPI Real Estate Poland
Essilor Optical Laboratory Poland
Griffin Real estate
InSite Real estate
Mayland Real estate
Penta Real estate
Skanska Property Poland
Skanska Residential Development Poland
- Advised Yareal on the sale of Buildings A and B in the LIXA office project to South Korean investor Hana Financial Investment.
- Advised Echo Investment on the acquisition of real estate located in Wrocław from Orbis for developing a mixed-use residential and office investment.
- Advised P3 (PointPark Properties) on the complex negotiations of a “build-to-suit” lease with PepsiCo.
Penteris' team has experience throughout the entire cycle of real estate projects, with a focus on commercial real estate and residential issues. In a recent matter, Agnieszka Pytlas and newly promoted partner Dawid Demianiuk advised Immofinanz on its €386m acquisition of Warsaw Spire from Ghelamco Group and Madison International Realty. Co-founding partner Andrzej Tokaj heads up the department.
‘Responsive and proactive, the practice offers a great mix of experienced partners and highly skilled younger attorneys who are client and results focused. They know and understand my business.‘
‘Andrzej Tokaj is a big name on the Polish real estate market. He puts together the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle that make deals happen. He adds value to our projects, not only as a lawyer but above all as a business consultant.‘
‘The partners we work with have all taken time to get to know us as people and our business model/objectives and the way we approach business.‘
Cromwell Property Group
RIDA Development Corporation
Vastint (Inter IKEA Group)
ING Bank Śląski
Octava Property Trust (Elliott Associates Group)
- Advised Immofinanz on its €386m acquisition of Warsaw Spire, one of the largest transactions on the Polish office market.
- Advised Vastint Poland on the process of selling the first stage of Business Garden Poznań.
- Advised Octava Property Trust on drafting and negotiating finance documentation for the change of the structure of real estate financing.
Wardynski & Partners
Wardynski & Partners' real estate group handles transactions, asset management issues, construction and zoning work, as well as administrative regulation advice. It has also developed a niche in advising foreign investors on establishing outsourcing centres in Poland, as well as assisting clients with leasing matters relating to property portfolios. The group is jointly led by experienced commercial and litigation lawyer Michał Gliński and investment funds specialist Michał Wons.
Michał Gliński; Michał Wons
‘It has extensive experience and always provides thorough, comprehensive and business-oriented solutions to legal issues, and overcomes all obstacles. It is able to guide you through challenges.‘
‘Michał Wons is extremely sharp when it comes to adapting a client’s priorities, response and support to the relevant situation, his commitment towards the client’s goals is second to none.‘
‘Very good partner dedication, excellent dedication and good deal management.‘
KK Wind Solutions
MITISKA REIM NV
Cromwell European REIT
- Advised Cromwell European REIT Management on the acquisition of Kasteli and Cambil from the Azora Group, in the process acquiring two office buildings in Krakow.
- Assisted KK Wind Solutions Polska with an agreement for the lease of warehouse space.
- Advised Mitiska REIM on a joint venture agreement with a Polish investor, involving eight special-purpose vehicles for the acquisition of property in Poland
Wolf Theiss focuses on advising institutional investors and developers on their activity in Poland, with particular expertise in the logistics and retail sectors. The team is also regularly called upon to advise on office sector transactions, as well as student housing. Tomasz Stasiak heads the department and has experience in real estate and property projects at all stages of their life cycle. Grzegorz Skowroński , who was promoted to partner in 2019, has experience in real estate developments. Senior associate Iwona Huryn is noted for transactional work, including the sale of shopping malls.
- Advise and continuously support Panattoni Europe, a leader in Polish warehouse development market, on numerous transactions. The most prominent one pertained to the sale of a logistics facility located in Poland to an SPV controlled by UK-based Tritax EuroBox plc.
- Advised Goldman Sachs on the sale of a Polish assets portfolio consisting of three office buildings located in Warsaw and Gdańsk with a total value of approx. €70m. The sale of the properties was concluded as a part of the sale of an office portfolio including 16 Finnish, Polish and Dutch assets, which had a total value of €324m.
- Advised Atrium Poland on a sale of real property (approximately 7 ha) located in Gdańsk. Atrium’s Polish real estate portfolio is currently valued at approximately €1.5bn. The property is located near Gdansk Old Town, on land previously belonging to the Gdańsk Shipyard.
Following the merger of Zieba & Partners and JSLEGAL - Jankowski, Stroinski & Partners in June 2020, B2R Law Jankowski Stroiński Zięba entered the market. Led by Rafał Zięba, the real estate team handles major commercial real estate transactions for Polish and international investors, developers and asset managers.
‘I find working with the firm very satisfying. They tend to have a very commercial approach to problem-solving, a good speed of services and a willingness to help.‘
‘The real estate practice has deep knowledge and wide experience in advising Polish and foreign clients. The team is very dedicated to provide best advice in the necessary time-frame, and committed to provide useful and practical advice to the client, finding solutions that would be acceptable from the business perspective.‘
‘Rafał Zięba proves to be a good team leader caring about the clients but also its employees, which translates into positive work attitude and devotion.‘
Skanska Property Poland
Skanska Residential Development Poland
Echo Polska Properties
Prestige Property Group
- Advising Krakbau on the disposal of real estate located on Puszkarska Street in Krakow to one of the biggest developers operating in Poland.
- Advising mBank on the lease of office premises, as well as parking spaces, located in the landmark Mennica Tower building.
- Advising Belgian company Beaulieu International Group on the acquisition of land and the construction of a production complex in Kietrz (Śląskie Province).
Real estate is one of act BSWW's core competencies, and the group has experience in commercial and office development transactions, with a strong client roster of real estate funds, developers, construction companies and retailers. In addition to transactional work, it also handles tax due diligence issues. The department is jointly led by managing partners Michał Wielhorski and Marek Wojnar.
Michał Wielhorski; Marek Wojnar
‘Huge experience in office lease agreements in the Polish market; excellent knowledge of office lease commercial practices.‘
‘Marek Wojnar stands out for his exceptional expertise in advising on a variety of issues related to real estate and construction. He is someone you can trust and rely on.‘
‘Business-oriented lawyers with pragmatic solutions and wide experience.‘
Azora International Group
CPI Property Group
Fujitsu Technology Solutions
Globalworth Poland (GPRE)
Santander Consumer Bank
TUF Real Estate Polska
- Advised Strabag Real Estate Group on the acquisition of Atrium International from Immobilien.
- Advising ECHO Investment on property acquisitions for residential projects in Warsaw, Kraków and Wrocław, as well as leasing, asset management and ongoing issues.
- Advised Adventum on its acquisition of Poznań Financial Centre from Peakside Capital Advisors.
Allen & Overy, A. Pedzich sp. k.
Allen & Overy, A. Pedzich sp. k.'s real estate offering was greatly bolstered by the arrival of several key lawyers from White & Case M. Studniarek i Wspólnicy - Kancelaria Prawna sp.k. in mid-2019, including the experienced Michał Matera, who now leads the real estate department. The group also leverages the firm's existing expertise in real estate finance work, an area where Arkadiusz Pędzich takes the lead. Commercial real estate transactions are the main focus for the team, and the practice also has significant experience in portfolio deals.
Michał Matera; Arkadiusz Pędzich
‘Their biggest strength is their integrated offering of all services relating to real estate.‘
‘Michał Matera is an expert and an experienced business adviser. I like his holistic approach with my business being in the centre of a matter.‘
‘Michał Matera’s work is outstanding. He has a unique approach towards business solutions based on fabulous law knowledge.‘
Atrium European Real Estate
Griffin Property Finance
Standard Chartered Bank
LaSalle Investment Management
ING Bank Śląski
- Advised Franklin Templeton Investments on the acquisition of an office building at Nowy Rynek complex in Poznań from Skanska.
- Advised LaSalle Investment Management on its acquisition of the Warsaw West VI logistics facility from Panattoni.
- Advised the financing banks, ING Bank Śląski, Powszechna Kasa Oszczędności Bank Polski and Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, on the provision of €94m real estate financing for logistic parks owned by companies from the MLP Group.
Andrzej Lulka i Wspólnicy Kancelaria Prawna sp.k.
Real estate boutique Andrzej Lulka i Wspólnicy Kancelaria Prawna sp.k. has developed significant expertise in commercial, office, residential and logistics real estate projects. The team regularly assists with property acquisitions and sales, as well as zoning, construction, financing and commercialisation issues. Founding partner Andrzej Lulka takes the lead and specialises in real estate transactions and construction law.
‘Outstanding law and real estate market knowledge.‘
BPI Real Estate Poland
Avestus Real Estate
VRE 3 / VRE 4
Enterprise 1 /Enterprise 2 (Tristan Capital Partners)
Przedsiębiorstwo Rolno-Przemysłowe “Babinek”
- Advised Equilis Europe on the acquisition of a property in Chełm for the construction of a shopping centre, in a joint venture with Acteeum.
- Assisted Przedsiębiorstwo Rolno – Przemysłowe “Babinek” with the acquisition of agricultural property by a non-resident.
Bakowski Law Firm acts for a client roster of domestic and foreign investment funds, which it assists with real estate sales and acquisitions across Poland. It also provides real estate portfolio analysis services in relation to commercialisation issues, and handles sale and leaseback transactions and investment schemes. Founding partner Igor Bąkowski leads the group alongside Maciej Ligier, who also has experience in real estate-related litigation and arbitration proceedings.
Igor Bąkowski; Maciej Ligier
‘The team is organized and attentive to your needs. I received amazing support in the purchase of real estate.‘
‘Igor Bakowski is a great listener, and goes above and beyond to help you. His explanations are clear and straight to the point. After every conversation, I felt informed and confident about my decisions.‘
‘The team is always ready for action and professional. Even if situations require very quick action and under time pressure. I can always count on substantive and physical support at meetings when needed.‘
Polish Investment and Trade Agency
Chajec, Don-Siemion & Zyto Legal Advisors handles the full spectrum of real estate transactions including office, retail and hotel schemes and matters involving the development process. Finance is another area of expertise for the group, as is the formation of real estate investment funds, and sector-specific M&A, joint venture structuring and restructuring issues. Corporate lawyer Patryk Galicki jointly leads the team with Piotr Zapalski.
Patryk Galicki; Piotr Zapalski
ArtN (a multifunctional project of revitalizing the post-industrial space of the former factory Norblin; an investment by Capital Park Group)
Centerscape Investments Poland
- Advising the sellers of two packages of apartments in the Pacific Residence estate located in Powisle, one of the most prestigious districts in Warsaw.
- Advising TASC Infrastructure on the process of acquiring real estate properties in Poland developed with telecommunication masts and telecommunication infrastructure.
- Providing ongoing advice to ArtN, an investor in an office and retail complex in the centre of Warsaw, on the investment process including administrative proceedings, financing issues and the construction process.
Crido Legal's team focuses on office and retail real estate, and also handles transactions involving student housing and logistics centres. It is instructed by a variety of investment funds (as buyers and sellers), brokers and finance providers. On the advisory front, practitioners have experience in asset management issues. The group is also able to draw on the expertise of the firm's strong tax department. Real estate, construction and commercial law specialist Krzysztof Marzyński leads the department. Counsel Joanna Winter-Szymańska is an expert in real estate transactions.
‘Honest and open people.‘
‘High-level client-oriented culture and professionalism of each of the people I worked with.‘
‘I especially enjoy working with Krzysztof Marzynski as he really takes his time analysing and assessing the particular case and with impeccable approach and professional acumen, yet without unnecessary stiffness.‘
In mid-2019, the team at DWF Poland Jamka Sp.k experienced notable changes following the firm's takeover of K&L Gates' Warsaw offices. While Halina Więckowska moved to Gekko Taxens M. Sobońska-Szylińska i Wspólnicy and Piotr Łaska joined Baker Tilly Woroszylska Legal, the group benefited from the arrival of transactional real estate expert Katarzyna Dębińska-Pietrzyk from CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang Pośniak i Bejm sp.k., who is a key name alongside Małgorzata Lesiak-Ćwikowska. Clients of the department include institutional and private investors, commercial developers, tenants and landlords, which the practice advises on the full spectrum of real estate matters including acquisitions and sales, financings and leasing work. Joanna Wojnarowska joined the firm in mid-2020 to head the practice.
Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia
Bank of New York Mellon
ING Bank Śląski
Avestus Real Estate
Aberdeen Standard Life
- Advised Aberdeen Standard Life on the acquisition of a large logistics warehouse from Panattoni Development and Marvipol.
- Advised Corum XL on its acquisition of Castorama DIY from Polska Metro Properties.
- Advised the Indonesian Embassy in Poland on the acquisition of a property designated for its diplomatic purposes.
At Eversheds Sutherland Wierzbowski, the team is focused on transactional real estate matters with expertise in leases, property transfers, developments and financing work. It has also developed a niche in advising on the real estate aspects of infrastructure projects, counting the General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways as a client. Krzysztof Wierzbowski heads up the group, handling contentious and non-contentious matters. In 2019, counsel Anna Ochocka moved to Wolf Theiss.
GDDKiA (General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways) / State Treasury
Parker Green Poland
PLC Poland 13
The City of Warsaw
- Advised Ghelamco on a loan agreement for the financing and re-financing of the construction of the office building .big Kraków.
- Assisted BGK Nieruchomości with the acquisition and development of real property across Poland, under the ‘Apartment for lease’ programme.
- Advised Turkish Airlines on three lease agreements in Warsaw Chopin Airport and in the city centre of Warsaw.
The team at Hogan Lovells (Warszawa) LLP, which is jointly led by Marek Grodek and Bartosz Clemenz, specialises in transactional real estate and M&A. Other areas of expertise include lease agreements, construction and development contracts, real estate finance work, and real estate disputes.
Marek Grodek; Bartosz Clemenz
‘The team members are all focused, attentive and dedicated to the task. They complete all tasks within the deadline.‘
Och Ziff Management Europe
Kravco Company LLC
Polish Investment Real Estate Fund II
- Advising Och Ziff Management Europe Limited on the €86m sale of its portfolio of five warehouses located in Poland to Tristan Capital Partners and White Star Real Estate.
- Advising one of the largest logistic developers on the multi-jurisdictional sale of logistic portfolios to a leading Asian property company.
- Advising Cinema 3D on the sale of its portfolio of sites in Poland to Vue International.
The team at Kochanski & Partners has maintained a strong real estate team following the firm's split from Zieba & Partners, and regularly acts for domestic and international clients on major real estate transactions. The group is led by Paweł Cholewiński and is able to draw on the expertise of the firm's corporate department, which includes Rafał Rapala. Counsel Marcin Rzysko is another key name with experience in greenfield investments and commercial property acquisitions.
‘Marcin Rżysko is a talented and diligent real estate legal professional. It is a pleasure to work with him and his team.‘
Johnson Matthey plc
Cola Cola HBC Polska
Oxenwood Real Estate
Gas Transmission Operator Gaz-System
EPP (Echo Polska Properties)
Griffin Real Estate
Skanska Property Poland
Deutsche Hypothekenbank (Actien-Gesellschaft)
- Advising Johnson Matthey, a global leader in sustainable technologies, on two major greenfield investments in Poland worth several billion Euros.
- Advised Gaz-System on the acquisition of over 70 green and brownfield properties belonging to PKN Orlen affiliated entities.
- Advising Griffin Real Estate on the sale of the Piękna 2.0 office building in Warsaw to Generali Real Estate.
Noerr has developed a niche in advising German clients on their investments in Poland, and the team regularly advises German funds on real estate transactions. It also has particular expertise in the logistics and office sectors, and is able to provide banking and finance support alongside its transactional offering. The department is co-led by corporate lawyer Radosław Biedecki and real estate expert Paweł Żelich.
Radosław Biedeck; Paweł Żelich
‘Smart and competent team which delivers the legal service on the spot and as expected.‘
‘Excellent and competent service and understanding of the economics in the background of the transaction.‘
‘Fast, targeted and focused on the essential points. Language competence (fluent German) also facilitates cooperation and a common understanding of the task at hand.‘
Valeo Siemens eAutomotive
Landesbank Hessen-Thüringen Girozentrale (Helaba)
Ceres Management Services / Revetas Group
Globe Trade Centre
- Advised Valeo Siemens eAutomotive on a build-to-suit investment for a new production facility in Czechowice-Dziedzice.
- Advised Landesbank Hessen-Thüringen Girozentrale on the €170m refinancing of the acquisition by Atrium European Real Estate of the Wars Sawa & Junior shopping centre.
- Advised Gates on a build-to-suit lease for warehouse premises in Poland from Panattoni.
The team at Rymarz Zdort has a solid client roster of real estate companies, including Echo Investment and Globalworth Poland Real Estate, which it advises on all aspects of capital deployment, investment and development issues. The group also draws on strong corporate expertise to advise on M&A transactions involving real estate assets. The department is jointly led by Filip Uzieblo and counsel Agnieszka Koniewicz.
Filip Uzieblo; Agnieszka Koniewicz
‘The team consists of individuals acting in a very professional manner with deep knowledge of various legal matters.‘
‘Filip Uzieblo demonstrated unique expertise in terms of the critical analysis of real estate and organising the exercise in an efficient and innovative manner. His combined knowledge in corporate law, restructuring and real estate have clearly given him a keen eye to quickly and easily identify material issues and important information.‘
Griffin Real Estate
Oaktree Capital Management
Raiffeisen Bank International
Raiffeisen Bank Polska
- Assisted Redefine Properties and Griffin Real Estate with an €800m joint venture with Panattoni Europe concerning a five-year exclusive priority right to execute 24 new warehouse projects.
- Advised Oaktree Capital Management and Griffin Real Estate on the sale of Student Depot Group to Kajima Properties.
- Advised Echo Investment on its joint venture with EPP for the development of a large shopping centre in Warsaw.
SKJ Szybkowski Kuźma Jeleń sp.j.
SKJ Szybkowski Kuźma Jeleń sp.j. is a specialist real estate firm, which advises investors, developers and lenders on real estate M&A, development projects and the commercialisation of real estate assets. The group also handles property financing issues, and is equipped to assist with warranty and indemnity insurance mandates. The practice is jointly led by co-founding partners Wojciech Szybkowski, Agnieszka Kuźma and Anna Jeleń.
Anna Jeleń; Agnieszka Kuźma; Wojciech Szybkowski
‘An absolutely top quality service. The team is extremely responsive even on extremely short notice. The team constantly considers what they can do better and how they can help more effectively. It seems like they can read my mind and answer before I formulate the question aloud.’
‘The team provides accurate solutions to complex legal matters, taking into account the market practice and the sector limitations.‘
‘Agnieszka Kuzma is a great, experienced and engaged lawyer.‘
‘Anna Jeleń has proven to be convincing negotiator with deep sector insight.‘
Greenstone Asset Management
Hanwha Q Cells
Embassy of Canada in Poland
Embassy of Finland
- Advised DWS on the refinancing of Rondo 1 in a transaction involving changes to the loan agreement and security documentation.
- Advised Medicover on the acquisition of 100% of the shares in Neomedic; a matter which involved the due diligence of real properties and intragroup transfers of shares in the properties, as well as negotiating the sales agreement and related insurance policies.
- Advised Greenstone Asset Management on the acquisition of the Haffner Centre retail complex in Sopot from Centrum Haffnera.
Headed up by Radosław Waszkiewicz, the team at Soltysinski Kawecki & Szlezak handles the full spectrum of real estate transactions and disputes for a variety of domestic and international funds, developers, retailers and industrial companies. The group is particularly noted for its knowledge of industrial greenfield investments and its ability to cooperate with major international firms.
‘The real estate team led by Radosław Waszkiewicz is quite unique: we have always been treated as if we were the only client; and the team always provided great legal support in time.‘
‘Impressive theoretical, practical and business oriented knowledge of law.‘
‘Very good real estate team that masters all details of what can be done in Poland.‘
Unibail Rodamco Westfield
AXA IM Real Assets
Ares Management Real Estate
Reform Company 3
LG Chem Wrocław Energy
- Advised Unibail Rodamco Westfield BV and Złote Tarasy Warsaw III on the indirect sale of shares in an entity owning Lumen and Skylight office buildings to GlobalWorth Group.
- Advised Ares Management Real Estate on the Polish aspects of the acquisition and financing of a portfolio of 21 European logistics assets from Prologis.
- Advised Zalando on the sale of a major logistics centre in Szczecin to DWS.
SSW Pragmatic Solutions
The main areas of activity for SSW Pragmatic Solutions span real estate transactions including advising Polish and foreign clients on their investments, lease agreements, and providing day-to-day commercialisation and asset management advice. The group also handles real estate litigation, which is an area of expertise bolstered department head Maciej Duch's background as an advocate.
‘They excel in every transaction and make the client feel secure in any circumstance.‘
‘Maciej Duch has incredible knowledge and creativity when looking for different alternatives.‘
‘Maciej Duch is the most professional person I met.‘
- Advised a Polish warehouse investor on the €200m development of several warehouse and logistics centres via a joint venture.
- Advised a Polish investment fund on the potential acquisition of 10 warehouse and logistics centres.
- Advised Skanska on the sale of 12 sites across Poland.
Wrocław-based Wiewiórski Legal stands out for its expertise in large industrial and logistics investments, office space deals, with a focus on shared service centres, and real estate finance. The department is jointly led by Marcin Wojtasik and Maciej Jarecki, who was recently promoted to the partnership.
Marcin Wojtasik; Maciej Jarecki
‘Professional approach including business aspects. Always ready for new topics, are not afraid of difficult challenges. Very good substantive knowledge and its practical application.‘
‘Marcin Wojtasik is always very well prepared and professional, friendly and willing to help.‘
‘Communication, support and helpfulness, responding to individual needs or requests. Ability to cover various legal areas. Support in small matters and complex tasks.‘
Align Technology Group
Axiom Managed Solutions
- Advised Align Technology on the lease of new premises in a Wrocław office park.
- Advised Acturis Poland on the expansion of its office space.