Baker McKenzie has been regularly called on to advise clients on terminations, dismissals and disputes with former employees during the last year, and also assisted on the labour aspects of M&A transactions, internal investigations and employee compensation. Trade union and day-to-day human resources' matters are also covered. The practice is led by Alberto González Torres, an experienced labour lawyer who handles employment contracts, litigation, workers compensation, social security and pension fund mandates. Other key partners include Daniel Orlansky, whose practice covers employment contracts, transactional labour matters and contentious issues; individual and collective employment law expert Diego Bongiovanni; Matías Herrero, who deals with executive and mass terminations and employee benefits; and Felipe Graham, who works across the full scope of labour and employment issues.
Labour and employment in Argentina
Alberto Gonzalez Torres
‘Tailor-made customer service.’
SC Johnson & Son
- Advised an IT company after a sales employee made an extraordinary commission due to an important sale, and entered into constructive termination some months later.
- Advised an IT company on the dismissal and compensation of a senior employee.
- Advised a chemical company on the dismissal of two employees in the US following a transfer from Argentina.
Formed following the 2022 merger between blue-ribb0n full-service firm Bruchou, Fernandez Madero & Lombardi and specialist labour boutique Funes De Rioja & Asociados, the Bruchou & Funes de Rioja labour and employment practice provides domestic and international clients with comprehensive labour and employment advice. An experienced team of more than 50 dedicated labour experts covers the full gamut of labour and employment law, including administrative and judicial court claims, complex litigations, mass trials, social security, collective bargaining and human resources. The practice also handles regulatory matters and the labour aspects of M&A transactions and restructurings. Stand out names on the practice’s formidable roster of experienced lawyers include individual and collective labour law expert Ignacio Funes de Rioja; the internationally-recognised Daniel Funes de Rioja; and Eduardo Viñales, who takes on a broad mix of national and international labour and employment work. Nilo Thomas covers labour due diligence and other M&A-related labour engagements, but is probably best known for representing clients in high-stakes judicial matters. Procedural specialist Pablo Barbieri, collective disputes expert Ignacio Eduardo Capurro , and Florencia Funes de Rioja, are among the other senior names on the market-leading practice’s deep bench. The merger also saw the departure of versatile labour partner Geraldine Moffat, who left the firm in November 2022; associates Luciana Abadin and Mariela Raczekowski left the same month. Since research concluded, Thomas has retired from the firm - effective as of mid-October 2023.
Eduardo Juan Viñales; Ignacio Funes de Rioja; María Florencia; Nilo Thomas
‘The team is always up-to-date and stands out for its practical experience. The contacts and relations with the union authorities are invaluable.’
‘Ignacio Funes de Rioja, Ernesto Argüello Bavio and Pablo Buracco are excellent professionals.’
‘Both Martín Basualdo and Ignacio Capurro and Ignacio Funes de Rioja are attentive to the needs of the company. They are strategic business partners.’
‘It is the best law firm regarding union issues. They understand the Argentinean situation and always give advice considering current situations. They also have a fantastic skill to provide business-oriented vision.’
‘There is always a lawyer available provides their professional advice in case it is needed for any reason.’
‘The team is always up-to-date and stands out for its practical experience. Contacts and relationships with union authorities are invaluable.’
Marval O’Farrell Mairal specialises in complex, sensitive labour matters for international corporates and embassies, among others. The practice is well-known for its labour litigation work, representing clients before all levels of the courts, and has developed proprietary software that helps to predict the outcomes of labour lawsuits to assist clients in planning defences. The team is equally adept taking on union negotiations, immigration matters, foreign currency salary payments, the winding down of Argentine subsidiaries and advising on the labour aspects of M&A transactions. One of Argentina’s most experienced labour litigators, Javier Patrón, leads the team; he is flanked by well-connected employment specialist Enrique Stile, and Diego Kelly, whose areas of expertise include compensation and union issues. Both provide significant senior-level support. Other key names include international labour and M&A expert Rodrigo Sola Torino; labour litigation veteran José María Llano; and Guillermo Osorio, whose practice is focused on representing high net worth individuals in complex labour litigations. The practice recently strengthened its ranks with the hire of five associates, including Luciana Abadin and Mariela Raczekowski who arrived from Bruchou & Funes de Rioja in November 2022.
‘José Llano and Guillermo Osorio have demonstrated not only knowledge of the subject matter on which they work, but also a clear understanding of the client’s needs and objectives in order to do the job as efficiently as possible.’
‘The litigation team is very capable and always well prepared.’
‘I highlight Guillermo Osorio for his conduct of complex litigation.’
Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy
United States of America
- Assisting Shopee with closing its operations in Argentina, involving more than one hundred and fifty employees.
- Advised Blockchain.com on a workforce reduction following its acquisition of an Argentine personal finance company.
- Provided advice to Danone on the labour aspects of the sale of a 50% stake in its Argentine water business to CCU.
Beccar Varela helps local and international clients to plan for, mitigate and address all types of labour matters, from complex and contentious cross-border transactions to collective bargaining, dismissals and migration. The team also advises on drafting work contracts, compensation plans, misconduct and disciplinary matters, mass layoffs, and labour due diligence. Practice head Álvaro Galli handles a range of labour matters, including social security, compensation, expatriate regimes and senior staff recruitment and dismissals. A strong team of associates, including seniors Romina Possetti, María Eduarda Noceti and Diego Muslera Larcade, along with counsel María Muriago, provide experienced support. Since publication, Noceti has been raised to the partnership - effective as of November 2023.
‘Very skilful professionals. They are very clear communicating how the work has to be done. You can rely on them.’
‘Alvaro Galli is very sharp and skilful, with good people skills.’
The Walt Disney Company
Bank of America / Merrill Lynch
NBC Universal Telemundo Enterprises
- Advised Publicis on the acquisition of Retargetly, performing due diligence on all labour-related contingencies and risks.
- Assisted Underground Producciones with the design of a strategy to terminate workers involved with the TV production “Bios”.
- Assisted Samsung on the the negotiation of a an executive’s exit, including the negotiation of an exit package and the drafting of the termination and non-compete agreement.
Mitrani Caballero & Ruiz Moreno Abogados supports clients across a wide range of labour-related issues and is called on for advice on the labour aspects of M&A deals, cross-border employment issues, collective bargaining at industry and company level, and compensation plans. The firm’s expertise also extends to industrial action mitigation strategies, work force restructuring, health and safety, and employment contract drafting. Labour litigation at administrative and judicial level is also covered. Practice head Julio Caballero is a well-known labour lawyer with extensive domestic and international experience in employment, collective bargaining and social security matters, as well as cross-border M&A work. Lorenzo Gnecco has advised clients on collective bargaining and social security matters for more than four decades, and Jorge Pico is another experienced labour lawyer on the firm’s roster. A phalanx of younger partners - including Felicitas de Achával (expatriations, international assignments and M&A); Rita Payarola (labour disputes); Esteban Valansi (social security and M&A) and Ana Clara Gómez Casadei (cross-border labour matters) - provide further high-level back-up.
‘They have a diverse team, with female talent and give excellent advice in the field of labour law. We have worked with the firm on very sensitive issues, with truly favourable results.’
‘They have a lot of empathy with their clients and without a doubt their skills and technical knowledge differentiate them from the rest.’
‘Professionalism, attention and daily follow-up. Speed and precision in responses and conflict resolution.’
‘Outstanding knowledge of the businesses they advise’
Molinos Rio de la Plata
Irkutsk Oil Company
Raffo Drugs Laboratories
Knight/LKM Laboratory (Biotoscana Group)
Cámara Argentina del Acero
Di Tella University
Instituto Tecnológico de Buenos Aires
Sociedad Argentina de la Construcción y Desarrollo Estratégico
AGCO Manufacturing Company
Fratelli Branca Destilería
Robert Bosch – Rexroth
Asociación de Industriales Metalúrgicos de la República Argentina (ADIMRA)
Ariston Thermo Group
- Advising AMX on the full range of labour and union matters and representing the business in administrative and judicial claims.
- Advised Pepsico on labour matters concerning executives and former executives as well as with the administration of expatriates schemes.
- Advised Holcim on all labour and union matters concerning executives, employees and former employees, including individual and collective negotiations and conflicts both in administrative and judicial claims.
Pérez Alati, Grondona, Benites & Arntsen is well known for is vast experience handling collective and individual litigation - as well as administrative proceedings - before Argentine governmental authorities, including the Argentine Ministry of Labor and Social Security Affairs, labour courts and other authorities. The team is also called on for its expertise in M&A labour due diligence, immigration, stock option plans and day-to-day labour advice. The practice’s strong leadership team includes labour veteran Julio César Stefanoni Zani; labour and social security specialist Julio Javier Lococo; experienced labour law expert Enrique Alfredo Betemps; and Geraldine Moffat, who joined the team from Bruchou & Funes de Rioja towards the end of 2022. Associates Verónica Benegas, who advises on labour and social security regulations, and Matias Fuse (who also made the move across from Bruchou & Funes de Rioja), lead the second line.
Julio César Stefanoni Zani; Enrique Alfredo Betemps; Julio Javier Lococo; Geraldine Moffat
‘The support provided by the entire team is excellent, from the simple to the most complex situations.’
‘Knowledge, commitment, and high quality. As customers we do not feel like a number, but valued and cared for. We rely on the quality of advice.’
‘We are very satisfied with the performance of the team, which provides us with the necessary advice.’
‘We are very satisfied with Julio Lococo. In addition to his excellent professional performance, he has shown a thorough and deep understanding of the needs of our institution.’
Sociedad Italiana de Beneficencia de Buenos Aires –Hospital Italiano
Sinopec Exploration and Production Inc
Molinos Rio de la Plata
Honda Motor de Argentina
- Represented Sociedad Italiana de Beneficencia – Hospital Italiano in a constructive dismissal lawsuit raised by a former employee.
- Advised IVAX Argentina on a lawsuit raised by a former employee related to severance pay.
- Successfully represented Honda Motor de Argentina in a lawsuit raised by a former employee who claimed damages based on alleged mobbing and psychological harassment.
Adrogué Marqués Zabala & Asociados
Dedicated labour and social security boutique Adrogué Marqués Zabala & Asociados is best known for its expertise in collective labour matters, where it handles negotiations, collective bargaining and disputes engagements. The team also handles individual employment matters. Name partners Javier Adrogué, Glauco Marqués and José Antonio Zabala co-lead the practice.
Javier Adrogué; Glauco Marqués; José Antonio Zabala
A member of L&E Global Labour alliance, Allende & Brea is noted for its expertise in cross-border labour matters and dealing with claims that require the collation of evidence in several jurisdictions. Working with clients from a range of sectors, the team’s experience spans mass furloughs and terminations, labour due diligence in M&A deals, immigration processing, data collection and compliance, remote working, internet use policies, and work email monitoring and privacy matters. Practice head Nicolás Grandi advises local and international clients on the full scope of labour matters, including transference of employees, global transactions, complex labour litigation, terminations and settlement agreements. Labour-focused associate Lucas Tamagno leads the second line.
Wells Fargo Bank
Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Advises Thermofisher Scientific on every day labour issues as well as employee terminations, branch closures and labour claims.
- Support Lazard on everyday labour matters and the dismissal of employees.
- Advised Perform Media on severance packages to personnel and high-level executives, including signing settlement agreements with executives and UK-related companies.
Bomchil advises clients on all aspects of individual and collective labour relations across a diverse range of sectors, including media, aviation, automotive, education, healthcare, energy and financial services. The team handles labour litigation at all court levels and is also well versed in staff restructurings, due diligence procedures, human resources, benefits and compensation, compliance, and certifications. Remote working policies, the payment of salaries in foreign currencies and cryptocurrency, and policies for expatriates have been other busy areas. Highly respected labour expert Esteban Carcavallo has stepped back from the firm’s partnership but continues to serve as joint practice head with counsel Edgardo Isola, a labour specialist who handles general labour law matters, the prevention and resolution of complex individual disputes, labour litigation and collective bargaining. Of counsel Gabriel Schlosser provides additional specialist labour expertise, but senior associate Gonzalo Gago left he firm in 2022.
Esteban Carcavallo; Edgardo Isola
‘What makes Bomchil stand out the most is its comprehensive, agile and expert service. Esteban Carcavallo’s support is highly appreciated.’
‘A group of professionals trained in all facets of labour law. Esteban Carcavallo provides leadership and organisation.’
‘They always give us the best professional advice and help us to have the best strategy in labour matters.’
‘Edgardo Isola has extensive political and technical knowledge of the entire labour sector.’
Aeropuertos Argentina 2000
Axa Assistance Argentina
Sanatorio Otamendi y Miroli
Sanatorio Las Lomas
Hoyts General Cinema de Argentina
Marken Time Critical Express
Laboratorio Elea Phoenix
Marken Time Critical Express
CNP Seguros Argentina
- Advised Aeropuertos Argentina 2000 on various labour matters arising from the Covid-19 related travel ban and consequent downturn in operations at the country’s airports.
- Assisted Corporación América with the successful negotiation of the nationwide transfer of the entire workforce of the country’s two largest airport logistics’ maintenance companies to new companies within the client’s corporate group.
- Represented UnitecBlue in a lawsuit involving a former CEO.
MBB Balado Bevilacqua Abogados
Labour and employment law boutique MBB Balado Bevilacqua Abogados handles complex local and cross-border employment law matters for domestic and international clients. The firm’s expertise covers the full gamut of labour matters, including health and safety, social security, compensation and leaves of absence, as well as litigation, transactional work, collective dismissals and collective bargaining. The team is particularly noted for its work in the development and implementation of policies to prevent harassment and discrimination in the workplace and the promotion of gender equality, diversity and inclusion. The practice is co-led by the highly-respected labour law specialist Mercedes Balado Bevilacqua and the experienced Analía Durán, whose practice encompasses employment contract law, expatriate benefits, complex labour litigation and the labour aspects of M&A transactions.
Mercedes Balado Bevilacqua; Analía Durán
‘They are trustworthy and provide advice that is balanced. This is extremely helpful for a foreign company such as ours, due to Argentina labour law being so complex.’
‘Trustworthy. We have had firms in the past that would give biased advice, MBB Balado Bevilaqua Abogados does not do this. We believe in our partnership with them.’
‘It is a reliable firm, with a powerful network of associates inside and outside of Argentina. Decisive and very well updated on labor developments in the country.’
Agente de Calificación de Riesgo
Catapult Group International
IPG Media Brands
Iberia Líneas Aéreas Españolas
Allergan Productos Farmacéuticos
Kin + Carta / Solstice Mobile
Universal Music Group
- Advised Moody’s on procedures related to the termination of top executive employees.
- Assisted Universal Music Group with the implementation of a global equity plan in Argentina, taking into account local tax and social security requirements.
- Assisted Teladoc Health on a complex matter related to a top executive, including potential termination; assessment of severance package and eventual contingencies.
Nicholson y Cano Abogados advises clients in the industrial, services, oil-and-gas and financial-services sectors on various labour and employment matters, including administrative and judicial claims as well as litigation and regulatory matters. The practice is co-led by Pablo Javier Venarotti, an expert in labour-related preventative counselling; experienced insurance lawyer Marcela Botta Diego; and Juan Carlos Etchebehere, who has more than four decades' employment law experience and a strong reputation for deep expertise in collective bargaining matters.
Juan Carlos Etchebehere; Pablo Javier Venarotti; Marcela Botta Diego
‘They work closely with the client and are always up-to-date on the latest matters.’
‘Closeness to the client and good customer service. Pablo Venarotti stands out.’
British American Tobacc0
Banco de Galicia y Buenos Aires
- Selected as the labour and employment advisers to employer-organisation IDEA Colloquium.
- Advised various clients on compliance with new teleworking legislation.
- Advised various clients on government salary reduction schemes and pension costs through the pandemic period.
Collective bargaining and labour and employment-related litigation are particular areas of strength for O'Farrell, which also handles individual labour matters, labour due diligence in M&A processes, and collective labour disputes and strikes. Experienced labour lawyer Jose Luis Zapata covers all aspects of labour law and co-leads the department alongside fellow partner Ignacio Castiglione, who has specialist labour disputes expertise.
José Luis Zapata; Ignacio Castiglione
‘Excellent engagement and connection with the business. They are flexible, concise and good at anticipating problem areas and potential conflicts.’
‘Outstanding lawyers with excellent technical knowledge and understanding of the market context.’
Nokia Solutions and Networks Argentina
YPF Energía Eléctrica
Medicus de Asistencia Médica y Científica
Tintosur / Tejidos Catamarca
- Advised Ford Argentina on the transfer of around 400 staff hired by services agencies; the mandate included drafting contracts, extending fixed-term contracts and a collective law agreement with the SMATA union.
- Advised and represented YPF Energía Eléctrica in a dispute with Patagonia’s regional Light and Power union.
- Advised Nokia Solutions and Networks Argentina on the implementation and design of a new teleworking policy, and the drafting of the remote or hybrid work contracts to be signed by all Nokia workers in Argentina.
Abeledo Gottheil Abogados is known for handling large volumes of labour lawsuits before courts at all levels, with the team also called on to support international companies on the labour aspects of closing down their Argentine operations. It also has expertise in the drafting and implementation of internal labour policies, and advising executives on the negotiation of departure agreements. The practice is co-led by Fernando Andrés Font, who advises on individual and collective labour matters; and Andres Emiliano Anselmi, who focuses on hiring and termination issues, compensation and labour lawsuits.
Fernando Andrés Font; Andrés Emiliano Anselmi
Aluar Aluminio Argentino
- Advised on all labour issues related t the winding up and closure of Huntsman’s Argentine branch.
- Advised Accenture on establishing and reviewing internal policies, as well as onging handling of the company’s defence whenever a labour conflict arises.
- Advised Baker Hughes on several labour claims, as well as establishing and reviewing internal labour policies.
A&F | Allende • Ferrante | Abogados
A&F | Allende • Ferrante | Abogados handles a wide range of labour law work, including preventative advice in individual and collective labour conflicts, trade union relations, workforce restructuring, executive termination packages, and the drafting and review of internal workplace policies. Name partner Gustavo Ferrante is a well-regarded labour lawyer and co-leads the practice alongside Federico Pavlov, who has almost 30 years' experience in labour consultancy and litigation matters.
Gustavo Ferrante; Federico Pavlov
‘The clarity with which they define the different possible scenarios stands out. They always analyse all the alternatives and worked hard to avoid conflict and reach solutions.’
‘Gustavo Ferrante and Federico Pavlov have always given me top quality advice. They have demonstrated solid legal knowledge and extensive experience in handling critical situations.’
The Marketing Store Worldwide
- Advised CADESREDEYA on the negotiation of salaries and other labour conditions.
Alfaro-Abogados handles the full range of labour and immigration matters, including collective bargaining negotiations, employee benefits and labour disputes. The team advises on the labour aspects of M&A deals and also assists international clients downsizing their Argentine operations. Large multinationals, notably in the financial services sector, are a key client base. Public and private labour law expert Carlos Miguez is the main point of contact.
Barreiro, Oliva, De Luca, Jaca, Nicastro
Barreiro, Oliva, De Luca, Jaca, Nicastro provides a full suite of labour and employment law support to local and international clients, regularly handling union relations, labour due diligence, company reorganisations, the cross-border transfer of employees, and dispute resolution and prevention. The team is closely integrated with the firm’s corporate and venture capital team and provides day-to-day advice to corporate clients on all relevant labour, employment and migratory matters. Founding partner and veteran labour lawyer Pablo Nicastro is the main point of contact.
‘Pablo Nicastro is always willing to listen to the client and explains complex matters clearly.’
‘Barreiro thinks about the big picture and is able to prepare and execute a successful strategy.’
‘Pablo Nicastro provides strong legal advice that takes into account the big picture.’
Beretta Godoy undertakes issues related to labour law, social security and human resources, as well as employee immigration issues. International and local clients turn to the team for advice on outsourcing, compensation, collective bargaining and representation in contentious proceedings before administrative authorities and courts. Drafting and reviewing internal sets of rules and corporate policies to ensure consistency with Argentine legislation has been a particularly busy area for the practice. The firm’s managing partner, well-known labour litigation lawyer Joaquín Carrillo, leads the department; associates Ana Victoria Scocimarro and Clara Gramajo provide key support.
Toyota Boshoku America
AAJ Computer Service
Omega Pharma (Perrigo)
China Nuclear National Corp
Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha
The True North America
- Assisting Toyota Boshoku with updating the anticorruption, antitrust and conflict-of-interest policies for its Argentine entities.
- Advised AAJ Technologies on labour claims initiated by employees whose employment was terminated during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Advised and assisted NRS on labour claims initiated by three managers following their dismissals.
Brons & Salas
Advising international companies on the labour aspects of restructuring Argentine operations has been a busy area for Brons & Salas, which is also called on to support companies on labour M&A due diligence and post-merger integration. Other areas of expertise include contentious individual and collective labour disputes, the drafting of employee incentive plans and human resources' policies, and collective bargaining. Practice head Javier Verstegen is an experienced labour lawyer who regularly handles collective bargaining, transactional matters and labour relations. Associates Jimena Fariña (labour law and litigation); Laura Melniczuk (social security and day-to-day labour advice) and María Victoria Perez (immigration) provide extensive second line support.
Wunderman Cato Johnson
Sun Chemical Ink
- Advised Eli Lilly on the labour aspects of restructuring its business in Argentina during the pandemic period when there was a prohibition on dismissal.
- Advised Amgen on the labour aspects of restructuring its business in Argentina during the pandemic period when there was a prohibition on dismissal.
- Advised Praxair and Grupo Linde Gas on standardising compensation structures, benefits and compliance following the merger of the companies.
Collective negotiation, labour arbitrations, contract work and labour litigation are the key focus areas for Bulló Abogados, which also handles company restructurings, individual employment legislation and complex work arising from union law. Gonzalo Alberto Dabini - who undertakes labour law, litigation, occupational hazards and insurance - leads the practice.
Gonzalo Alberto Dabini
Deloitte Legal - Legal y Fiscal S.A.’s labour and employment practice is strongly focused on corporate and tax-related labour work, advising clients across a range of sectors and industries on employment law, compensation, workforce restructurings and labour litigation. Practice head Walter Mañko, previously at Marval O’Farrell Mairal, is the key contact.
‘They are solid and provide valuable support.’
‘Deloitte is organised and well segmented according to the needs of clients.’
Roche Diabetes Care Argentina
Japan Bank for International Cooperation
UBS BB Argentina
Air Liquide Argentina
- Provided preventative advice to Educaedu to avoid exposure to labour contingencies and sanctions by tax authorities.
- Advised Medallia on implementation of benefits for certain employees registered on the payroll of the company’s Argentine entity.
- Assisted Distribuidora Cummins achieve full compliance with labour and social security regulations.
Dentons Rattagan Arocena’s labour department leverages its global parent’s network to provide multinational clients with a coordinated cross-border labour service that handles employment and social security litigation, compliance investigations, executive compensation schemes, individual employment agreements and internal labour policies. Experienced litigator Juan Larrouy leads the team and has handled a broad range of compensation, immigration and labour litigation matters during his more than 30 years in practice.
‘A team with knowledge and experience.’
‘Juan Larrouy has years of knowledge and experience in corporate environments and the Argentine context.’
MicroStrategy Brasil (Argentine Branch)
Mercosur On Line
- Advising Merz Aesthetics on employment and compliance investigations and employment litigation.
- Advising Rotoplas on employment litigation related to the prior shareholder’s management.
- Advising Mercosur On Line on local day-to-day employment matters, labour termination proceedings and matters arising from consultancy agreements in Argentina and abroad.
Marin Perez Abogados
Labour and regulatory boutique Marin Perez Abogados is called on for its specialist expertise in judicial and administrative matters, along with litigation portfolio management, as well as counselling on individual and a collective labour issues, regulatory frameworks and public affairs. The practice is co-led by firm founders Marcelo Perez, a labour litigation veteran; and Carlos Marin, who specialises in collective bargaining and negotiations. Associate Carolina Martignoni is another key name; she has built up a distinctive practice in the facilitation of dialogue with local and indigenous communities.
Carlos Marin; Marcelo Perez
Tanoira Cassagne Abogados has extensive experience handling labour conflicts, complex labour trials, compensation programmes, union negotiations, stock option plans and restructuring procedures. The team is particularly strong in areas where labour law and technology intersect, including teleworking, AI and the use of blockchain and crypto assets to pay salaries and benefits. Practice head Pablo Mastromarino’s expertise spans all aspects of labour law, including expatriate programmes, collective bargaining and contentious matters. He receives strong second-line support from associates Mora Lopez Petit and Ezequiel Peña, who between them cover a range of labour lawsuits, compensation and union matters.
‘Attentive and clear when explaining complex matters.’
‘Pablo Mastromarino is our trusted labor lawyer. Excellent advice at all times.’
‘Pablo Mastromarino stands out for his business sense and ability to solve complex situations.’
Mercado Abierto Electronico
Wiener Soto Caparrós
Wiener Soto Caparrós provides clients with a comprehensive labour service that covers collective bargaining, private employment litigation and compensation and benefits structuring. The team is particularly noted for its management-side work, advising on workforce hiring and reduction strategies, employee compensation structures and the labour-related aspects of M&A. Cross-border compensation plans are a key area of expertise. Practice head Gonzalo Soto has more than two decades' experience and is well-versed in litigation and labour matters.
‘Always responsive and assist in very urgent situations. They provide in-depth professional analysis and suggest alternative solutions.’
‘The team demonstrates deep knowledge and understanding of clients’ business, providing advice of great value to the company.’
Coca-Cola Andina Argentina
McCain Foods Limited
Helmerich & Payne Drilling Co
Regus Management de Argentina
Park Place Technologies
Ferro Performance Materials Argentina
Pronokal Health Group
DSS Sustainable Solutions Argentina
Omron Management Centre-America
- Representing Helmerich & Payne Drilling Co in employment disputes, including the termination of ex-pat employment, administrative proceedings, and disputes with executive and non-executive employees.
- Defending Coca-Cola Andina in a dispute with a former regional logistics manager.
- Represented Grand Circle Travel in a dispute with a former independent contractor.
Zang, Bergel & Viñes Abogados’s labour team is closely integrated with the firm’s dispute resolution practice and is active in labour litigation and various other contentious matters, including employee dismissals. Under the joint-leadership of partner Rodrigo Bustingorry, of counsel Alejandro Mao and senior associate Noelia Martins, the practice is increasingly broadening out its service provision into non-contentious work.
Rodrigo Bustingorry; Alejandro Mao; Noelia Martins
Asociación Mutual SanCor Salud
Destilería Argentina de Petróleo
Unión Argentina de Rugby
Radio Victoria Argentina
Confederación Sudamericana de Rugby (ConSur)
Bitfarms / Backbone Argentina
- Advised a global firm in the software and tech industry on labour matters related to the acquisition of an Argentine company.
- Advised a leading multinational company in the construction and infrastructure industry on the termination of various high-level officials.
- Advised a leading multinational firm on the dismissal claim of a regional manager.