The ‘terrific’ Baker McKenzie labour law practice has played a key role in steering clients through the constantly change regulatory backdrop during the Covid-19 pandemic, advising on the return to office-based work as well as contentious vaccination issues impacting employment relations. Beyond its pandemic-specific work, the firm handles all aspects of labour and employment law, including day-to-day human resources advice; workplace policies covering employee conduct, harassment and diversity; and labour relations and trade union matters. Assisting clients with work permits and visas for overseas staff is another active practice area, with the team also regularly counselling on sensitive terminations, layoffs and employee-related litigation. The group is adept at advising on pension, social security and employee compensation engagements, and also has experience in the employment aspects of transactions and corporate restructurings. Practice co-head Daniel Orlansky is praised for doing an 'amazing job in counselling, understanding the issues, presenting alternatives, negotiating settlements and managing labour claims in court’. He co-leads the team alongside Alberto González Torres, who focuses his practice on general employment advice, employment contracts, litigation and workers compensation, as well as social security and pension funds. Partners Diego Bongiovanni, Matías Herrero and Felipe Graham are other key senior names.
Labour and employment in Argentina
Daniel Orlansky; Alberto Gonzalez Torres
‘Daniel Orlansky has extensive labour law knowledge of the specialty and is absolutely up to date with judicial trends.’
‘Daniel Orlansky, Guillermo Cervio and Gabriela Nicoletti are expeditious and deliver quick solutions.’
‘The team do a terrific job advising and defending labour cases.‘
‘Daniel Orlansky is an expert in labour matters, both in advisory and litigation. He does an amazing job in counselling , understanding the issues, presenting alternatives, negotiating settlements and managing labour claims in court.’
SC Johnson & Son
- Assisted a client in the chemicals industry with a negotiation process with three unions claiming to represent the same group of workers.
- Advised clients in the agribusiness, IT and cosmetics industries about the alternatives to changing terms and conditions of incentive compensation plans, implementing flexible benefit programs and reinstating employee stock purchase plans suspended due to exchange-control restrictions.
- Advised a client in the autoparts industry on strict and complex terms and conditions associated with a government Covid-19 subsidy distributed through the payment of salaries.
The merger between specialist labour and employment firm Funes De Rioja & Asociados and full-service powerhouse Bruchou, Fernandez Madero & Lombardi has created a market-leading practice of exceptional depth at Bruchou & Funes de Rioja, with more than 50 lawyers dedicated to labour and employment matters. The firm’s capability encompasses all aspects of labour and employment law, social security and human resources, with the ability to handle labour issues in restructurings, collective bargaining, regulatory matters, complex litigations and mass trials. The newly-merged firm will see individual and collective labour law expert Ignacio Funes De Rioja, internationally recognised labour lawyer Daniel Funes de Rioja, and respected partner Eduardo Juan Viñales, a specialist in national and international labour and employment matters, join forces with experienced labour lawyer Nilo Thomas, who represents clients in highly complex judicial matters, as well as covering labour due diligence and M&A-related engagements. The team will also be able to draw on the expertise of procedural specialist Pablo Barbieri, collective disputes expert Ignacio Eduardo Capurro, immigration specialist Florencia Funes De Rioja and Geraldine Moffat, who covers a range of complex labour and employment matters, including M&A deals, negotiations and restructurings.
Eduardo Juan Viñales; Ignacio Funes de Rioja; María Florencia Funes de Rioja; Nilo Thomas
‘A practical, responsive team that delivers excellent quality.’
‘The firm’s contacts in government and with union officials are strong point.‘
‘Ignacio Funes de Rioja’s influence and experience are hard to match.‘
‘The team stands out for its organisation and way of working and carrying out the proposed concerns. The team is engaging and lawyers work seamlessly together. This is a practice that adds value for clients.’
‘Lawyers who understand company sensitives and do not limit their analysis to the letter of the law. They go further and seek to work with a 360° view, making a valuable contribution to any company.’
Barrick Gold Corporation
Vista Oil & Gas
Wyndham Hotel Management
Caterpillar Financial Services
Construtora Norberto Odebrecht
Envision Energy Argentina
- Advising DirecTv Argentina on all labour and union matters and represent the business in administrative and judicial claims.
- Advised Siemens Healthineer on labour matters concerning employees, former employees, and service providers, putting in place strategies to prevent claims and contingencies
- Worked with BNP Paribas on labour matters concerning employees, former employees, and service providers, putting in place strategies to prevent claims and contingencies, as well as taking over administrative and judicial labour claims involving the City of Buenos Aires.
Firm managing partner and one of Argentina’s most experienced labour litigation lawyers Javier Patrón heads the ‘first-class’ Marval O’Farrell Mairal labour and employment practice, which stands out for the ‘outstanding quality’ of its team. The practice is known for handling complex, sensitive and strategic matters and is regularly sought out by international clients seeking advice ranging from paying salaries in a foreign currency, to scaling back their Argentine workforces. The team is also adept in high profile labour litigation, where it supports domestic and foreign clients before all levels of courts, and has launched a new software platform that predicts the outcome of labour lawsuits, supporting the construction of defences for clients. Non-contentious matters are also a staple for the team, which advises on the labour aspects of transactions as well as labour compliance matters, immigration and union negotiations. Key names in the team include the ‘terrific’ Enrique Stile, who clients note for his ‘calm and wise manner’; Diego Kelly, who has advised on the highly topical introduction of US dollar payments in Argentina; experienced international labour and M&A expert Rodrigo Sola Torino and labour litigation veteran José María Llano.
‘Marval is at the top of our list of referrals to Argentina and, indeed, to anywhere in Latin America. They are by far the best labour and employment department we have worked with in their region. They are a first-class firm with very talented attorneys.’
‘Enrique Stile has a very practical approach that puts clients at ease. He has a calm and wise manner in addressing a client’s issues. He is terrific!‘
‘They are very professional. They have experience and provide clear and immediate answers. The team provides immediate news on labour regulations and keeps the client informed.’
‘Guillermo Osorio is experienced and clear in his advice.’
‘Expert and in-depth knowledge of complex labour issues.‘
‘The outstanding quality of the firm’s partners and seniors, and their ability to provide high-quality advice on matters that require a cross-functional approach, stand out.‘
Moët Hennessy • Louis Vuitton
United States of America
- Advising GBT II Argentina (formerly American Express Global Business Travel) on reducing its local workforce by approximately 20%.
- Assisted Nike in closing stores in Argentina in a situation where dismissals were restricted.
- Assisting Sea Group in establishing its Shopee branch business in Argentina, including advising on the hiring process, union issues, employment regulations and immigration alternatives.
‘Expeditious, assertive and customer-oriented’, Beccar Varela‘s labour and employment team is praised for its initiative and for combining ‘technical knowledge’ with ‘practical realities’. The practice – which has supported clients through the Covid-19 period with advice on work permit requirements for key talent during border closures, as well as post-pandemic return to work policies – provides a full service labour offering for national and international companies across all sectors. Immigration matters, contracts, compensation plans and adapting internal law policies to Argentine legislation are all key areas of work, with the team also active in contentious labour litigation, executive dismissals and large scale layoffs and restructurings. The practice also handles collective bargaining and M&A mandates. Labour and social security practitioner Álvaro Galli, who specialises in the hiring and dismissal of senior employees, compensation structures and expatriate regimes, is practice head. Key associate support comes from María Belén Medina, the ‘excellent’ Santiago Hernán Taboada and Romina Possetti.
‘The Beccar Varela team in the labour area stands out for its knowledge of market practices and of innovation.‘
‘Alvaro Galli and Maria Belen Medina are perfect intermediaries between Argentine HR departments and international corporate headquarters.‘
‘The team shows experience and pragmatism, balancing legal knowledge with practical realities. The personalised service and availability of the team are valued.’
‘The firm collaborates and builds relationships between people, which makes its work in labour issues stand out.‘
‘Specific and up-to-date knowledge of labour law developments. Santiago Hernán Taboada provides excellent advice and a high commitment to his work.’
‘What makes Beccar Varela’s work team unique is their knowledge of the client’s business, which allows them to understand the needs of the company and provide creative, assertive advice. The team stands out for its technical knowledge, but also for its initiative.’
‘The lawyers of the Beccar Varela team stand out for their great technical knowledge, their understanding of the business and its needs, for their speed of response, and especially for their creativity in finding solutions for new and old problems.‘
‘Romina Posetti leads the team on a day-to-day basis, despite her youth.’
‘Highly qualified professionals who expeditious, assertive and customer-oriented.’
‘Santiago Taboada demonstrate a full capacity to provide quick, precise and correct advice. A professional who always predisposed to seek different solutions for a company’s concerns.’
The Walt Disney Company
Bank of America / Merrill Lynch
NBC Universal Telemundo Enterprises
- Advised Quinto Andar on the acquisition of Navent Group., involving the drafting of a due diligence report covering all labour-related contingencies and assistance with the identifcation of risks and designing structures to diminish them.
- Advised NBC Universal on all labour matters involving the resumption of its productions in Argentina following the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Assisted Underground Producciones, a division of NBC Universal Telemundo Global Studios, obtain the entry permits and visas required for certain actors to enter to Argentina and to film in the country during the closure of the borders due to Covid-19.
Mitrani Caballero & Ruiz Moreno Abogados advises on domestic and international employment and social security issues, ranging from day-t0-day employment work to the labour aspects of M&A deals. The team, which stands out for is ability to ‘interpret business needs and come up with creative ideas to solve complex problems’, has a strong track record in collective bargaining, contractual and relocation matters. Companies also seek the team out for counsel on managing industrial action, business downsizing and negotiating severance packages, restrictive covenants, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and non-solicitation agreements. Labour litigation and disputes in administrative and judicial proceedings constitute another area of expertise. ‘Reliable, professional and precise’ name partner Julio Caballero heads the practice with support from a strong bench of talent. Lorenzo Gnecco has focused his practice on collective bargaining and social security matters through a 40-year career, while Jorge Pico, who supports clients with a ‘wealth of experience’ and ‘technical excellence’, handles employment, collective bargaining, and social security work. Partners Felicitas de Achával, who has extensive experience in expatriations, international assignments, and M&A; labour disputes expert Rita Payarola; and social security and M&A lawyer Esteban Valansi round out a deep senior team which was further strengthened with the promotion of Ana Clara Gómez Casadei to the partnership in July 2022.
‘Esteban Valansi and Julio Caballero are reliable, professional and provide precise advice.‘
‘The team demonstrates professional excellence in the practice of labour law. Julio Caballero, Lorenzo Gnecco and Jorge Pico have a wealth of experience, technical excellence and understand client requirements.’
‘The great advantage of working with this firm is their ability to interpret business needs and come up with creative ideas to solve complex problems.’
‘Julio Caballero, Jorge Pico and Andrea Schiavonne show professionalism above all. They are very clear about what we need as clients.‘
Ariston Thermo Group
Uranium One Holding
Camara Argentina Del Acero
Molinos Rio De La Plata
Instituto Tecnológico De Buenos Aires
Di Tella University
Siglo 21 University
Asociación De Industriales Metalúrgicos De La República Argentina (ADMIRA)
Agco Manufacturing Company
Fratelli Branca Destilleria
Robert Bosch – Bosch Rexroth
- Provided legal assistance in a reorganisation and redundancy procedure undertaken by Tenaris Group in response to the oil and gas crisis sparked by the Covid pandemic.
- Assisted Chevron in drafting and implementing a teleworking policy, including the necessary amendments to employment contracts; additionally reviewing and assisting on the implementation of a new compensation structure for both unionised and non-unionised employees.
- Represented the Asociación de Industriales Metalúrgicos de la República Argentina (ADIMRA) in the negotiation of several collective bargaining agreements with the Argentine Metallurgical Worker’s Union (UOMRA) and the Argentine Metal-Mechanical Supervisors’ Association (ASIMRA).
Adrogué Marqués Zabala & Asociados
Name partners Javier Adrogué, Glauco Marqués and José Antonio Zabala lead dedicated labour and social security boutique Adrogué Marqués Zabala & Asociados' practice. The firm is particularly noted for its experience in collective labour matters, where it handles negotiations, collective bargaining and disputes engagements. The team also advises on individual employment issues.
Javier Adrogué; Glauco Marqués; José Antonio Zabala
Allende & Brea is the Argentine member of L&G Global Labour alliance and is noted for seeking ‘solutions’ to labour issues rather than ‘simply citing legislation’. The practice, which works closely with the firm’s M&A team, is led by Nicolás Grandi, who is ‘experienced, readily available and happy to explain complex Argentinian law to international clients’. Lucas Tamagno and Juan José Alberch provide support at associate level. The team handles core labour and employment matters including labour work linked to M&A, employee transfers and labour liabilities. In addition, it has experience advising on branch closures, large scale terminations and various international labour issues. Following the Covid-19 pandemic, data protection, remote working and email use at work have become additional areas of activity for the practice.
‘The firm is large enough to have specialist expertise to draw upon, but still treats its clients as individuals who are important to the firm.’
‘Nicolas Grandi is experienced, readily available and happy to explain complex Argentinian law to international clients.‘
‘A flexible, fast-moving team that understands a business’s problems.‘
‘Lucas Tamagno looks for solutions instead of simply citing legislation.’
‘The team is very responsive and detailed in its advice, inspiring confidence.‘
‘Jorge Mayora and Nicolas Grandi display excellent labour law experience. They know look at matters from a practical perspective and navigate accordingly.‘
MasterCard International Corporation
Wells Fargo Bank
Thermo fisher Scientific
- Advises Thermofisher Scientific on every day labour issues as well as employee terminations, branch closures and labour claims.
- Advises Lazard on everyday labour matters and employee dismissals.
- Advised Perform Media on severance packages to personnel and high-level executives, including signing settlement agreements with executives and UK-related companies.
Bomchil provides ‘excellent advice on labour law issues’ and supports clients ‘step-by-step’ in complex and contentious matters. Labour litigation at all court levels, along with structuring complex termination agreements with senior executives are practice segments of particular note; with the team also active in collective labour disputes, staff restructuring, due diligence procedures, human resources, compensation, compliance and certifications. After his retirement as partner, Esteban Carcavallo will stay on as practice head but in a counsel role. Counsel Gabriel Schlosser, who joined from Alliani & Bruzzon back in 2020, and Edgardo Isola, provide additional senior support, with backing from associate Gonzalo Gago and new joiner Bárbara Wessolowski.
‘Bomchil has always provided excellent advice on labour law issues. The lawyers have extensive knowledge and support clients step-by-step during trial processes.’
‘The lawyers are always available to answer any query, no matter how small, and accompany their clients throughout the process.’
‘Esteban Carcavallo, Federico Campollietti and Francisco Zappa are excellent.‘
‘The Bomchil team is highly proactive and have been giving us technical assistance for years. The firm is very good at maintaining contact with our executive offices abroad.‘
Aeropuertos Argentina 2000
CH Robinson Worldwide
Buenos Aires Arena
CNP Assurances Argentina
AMC Media & Networks
Marken Time Critical Express
Argentine Golf Association
HID Argentina – ASSA Abloy
Dun & Bradstreet
Milkaut – Savencia
Laboratorio Elea Phoenix
Hoyts General Cinema de Argentina
Sanatorio Otamendi y Miroli
Sanatorio Las Lomas
- Advised Buenos Aires Arena on negotiations with unions ahead of the commencement of operations at the venue following the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Advised Aeropuertos Argentina 2000 on various labour matters when travel was banned for several months and operations at the airport remained minimal.
- Advised Sanatorio Otamendi on several labour law matters ranging from daily advice on legal claims to negotiations with unions.
MBB Balado Bevilacqua Abogados
‘Highly efficient’ labour boutique MBB Balado Bevilacqua Abogados focuses on complex local and cross-border employment law matters, as well as counselling on associated corporate, trade, contractual and tax issues. ‘Responsive’ firm founder and managing partner, Mercedes Balado Bevilacqua -who is singled out for her ‘thorough analysis’ and ‘proposing realistic solutions'- co-leads the practice with Analía Durán, who has focused on employment contract law, expatriate benefits, complex labour litigation and the labour aspects of M&A transactions during her 25-year career. Clients also praise associate Cecilia Acosta for her work. The firm handles all aspects of labour law, including health and safety, social security, compensation, leaves of absence, litigation, transactional work, collective dismissals and collective bargaining. It is particularly sought out for its work developing and implementing policies to prevent harassment and discrimination in the workplace and promote gender equality, diversity and inclusion.
Mercedes Balado Bevilacqua; Analía Durán
‘A team that works seamlessly together. All the professionals are highly efficient and provide the appropriate advice for each case. They respond to emergencies quickly and keep a thorough record of outstanding issues.’
‘Mercedes Balado Bevilacqua, Silvina Sesarego and Cecilia Acosta are responsive, thorough in their analysis and effective in proposing realistic solutions.‘
‘The team shows excellent attention detail and professionalism.’
‘A friendly and accessible firm that is always busy providing solutions.’
BL Harbert International
CMS Albiñana & Suárez de Lezo
IPG Media Brands
Catapult Group International
IBERIA Líneas Aéreas Españolas
Michael Page International
World Learning Inc.
Institute For Study Abroad (IFSA)
- Advised on the labour measures and alternatives to minimise the negative impact of Eurofarma’s restructuring on the company’s operations.
- Provided legal advice to airline operator Iberia regarding a range of labour matters, including Covid-19 measures and salary negotiations with unions to preserve job positions.
- Providing daily advice to CBRE on human resources and labour matters.
Nicholson y Cano Abogados' labour and employment practice has actively supported clients through the pandemic period, taking on an increasing load of advisory work linked to Covid-19 employment measures and the prohibition on dismissals during lockdown periods. The team has a strong list of clients in the industrial, services, oil-and-gas and financial-services sectors, and is also noted for its regulatory expertise. Pablo Javier Venarotti, a specialist in labour-related preventative counselling, co-leads the practice alongside insurance expert Marcela Botta Diego and 40-year employment law veteran Juan Carlos Etchebehere, best known for his reputation in collective bargaining.
Juan Carlos Etchebehere; Pablo Javier Venarotti; Marcela Botta Diego
O’Farrell is widely recognised in the market for its expertise in collective bargaining matters, as well as sits strength in the energy and insurance sectors. The team has as an important litigation portfolio, and is regularly called in to advise on labour due diligence in M&A processes and to support clients in collective labour disputes and strikes. Specialised advice on individual labour law is another differentiator. José Luis Zapata, whose practice covers all aspects of labour law, co-leads the department alongside labour disputes expert Ignacio Agustín Castiglione, who ‘stands out for his ability to resolve conflicts’.
Jose Luis Zapata; Ignacio Castiglione
‘The firm acts quickly and provides resourceful responses to resolve difficult situations.‘
‘Ignacio Castiglione stands out for his ability to resolve conflicts.’
Anselmo L. Morvillo
Nokia Solutions and Networks Argentina
- Advised Ford Argentina on the mandatory application of Covid-19 vaccines in Argentina, and on the design of an internal strategy and policy to manages the employee relations aspects of the mandate.
- Advised Nokia Solutions and Networks Argentina on the implementation and design of a new teleworking policy, and the drafting of the remote or hybrid work contracts to be signed by all Nokia workers in Argentina.
- Advised Anselmo L Morvillo on the negotiation, drafting and presentation of conciliation agreements for more than forty labour lawsuits involving approximately 110 former employees of the company.
Pérez Alati, Grondona, Benites & Arntsen is known for its extensive experience in collective and individual litigation and administrative proceedings before Argentine governmental authorities, labour courts, and labour unions. Co-led by labour veteran Julio César Stefanoni Zani, labour and social security specialist Julio Javier Lococo, and the ‘flexible and responsive’ Enrique Alfredo Betemps, the practice is most active in collective bargaining and transactional matters. It also has expertise in drafting employment and confidentiality agreements.
Julio César Stefanoni Zani; Enrique Alfredo Betemps; Julio Javier Lococo
‘Max Ungerer and Enrique Bettemps are flexible and responsive.’
‘Enrique Bettemps stands out for his professionalism, knowledge and practicality in resolving complex situations.’
‘Enrique Bettemps is the best labour professional I have ever worked with.’
Sociedad Italiana de Beneficencia de Buenos Aires (Hospital Italiano)
Sinopec Exploration and Production Inc
Molinos Rio de la Plata
Honda Motor de Argentina
- Represented Hospital Italiano in a lawsuit related to a Ministry of Production and Labour fine connected with mandatory social security contributions.
- Represented Google Argentina in a lawsuit brought by a former employee of Atento Argentina, an entity that provided Google with telemarketing services, claiming that he should have been recognised as a direct Google employee.
- Advised Zurich Argentina Compañía de Seguros in a claim raised by an individual who claimed to have been an employee of Zurich and eligible for severance payments.
Abeledo Gottheil Abogados
Abeledo Gottheil Abogados‘ labour practice represents clients in a large volume of labour lawsuits before courts at all levels. Advising executives on the negotiation of departure agreements is another distinctive area of focus, with the team also active in drafting and implementing internal labour policies. The group is co-led by Fernando Andrés Font , who advises on individual and collective labour matters; and Andres Emiliano Anselmi , who focuses his practice on hiring and termination issues, compensation and labour lawsuits.
Fernando Andrés Font; Andrés Emiliano Anselmi
‘A responsive team that is always available to clients.‘
LG Electronics Argentina
Baker Hughes Argentina
Assist Card Argentina
Aluar Aluminio Argentino
- Advised Accenture on establishing and reviewing internal policies, as well as onging handling of the company’s defence whenever a labour conflict arises.
- Advised Baker Hughes on several labour claims, as well as establishing and reviewing internal labour policies.
- Represented Natura Cosméticos in several labour claims; set up and reviewed the company’s internal labour policies.
A&F | Allende • Ferrante | Abogados
Name partner and experienced labour lawyer Gustavo Ferrante, and Federico Pavlov, who is singled out for his ‘professionalism, dedication and knowledge’, co-lead A&F | Allende • Ferrante | Abogados' labour and employment practice. The team handles a broad range of labour engagements, advising on collective bargaining, labour disputes, personnel downsizing and workplace discrimination as well as internal policies and employee codes of conduct.
Gustavo Ferrante; Federico Pavlov
‘The team shows exceptional attention to detail and is responsive.‘
‘The professionalism, dedication and knowledge of Federico Pavlov stands out.’
‘A very good team that is knowledgeable and always prepared.‘
The Marketing Store Worldwide
SAS Institute Argentina
- Carried out due diligence for Kainos Group regarding the labour issues arising from its acquisition of UNE Consulting.
- Advised Dr Green on labour matters related to the formation of a local subsidiary in Argentina.
- Advised the Cámara Argentina de Establecimientos de Servicios Rápidos de expendio de emparedados y Afines – a sandwich industry group – in salary and benefits negotiations with unions.
Alfaro-Abogados supports and advises the HR departments of large corporations, banks and insurance companies on all labour and immigration matters, including collective bargaining negotiations, employee benefits and labour disputes. The team specialises in supporting international companies on M&A deals and the downsizing of local operations. Public and private labour law expert Carlos Miguez, who is ‘always available to answer any questions’, leads the team.
‘The firm provides us with complete and detailed information. We place our utmost trust in their professional advice and have been successful in all litigation they have advised us on to date.’
‘We feel very well represented by Carlos Miguez, who is always available to answer any questions we have locally or from overseas headquarters.’
Climate, Controls & Security Argentina
Comercializadora Terumo Chile
Companía General de Combustibles (CGC)
Voestalpine High Performance Metals
- Advised Soltec Argentina on all labour related matters, including conflicts, contracts and unions; as well as advice on all aspects relating to transfer of personnel and residence permits.
- Exclusive outside counsel to the Salentein group of companies including provision of advice on all labour matters to the different companies in the group.
- External advisor on labour matters to Voestalpine High Performance Metals, assisting with all labour issues.
Barreiro, Oliva, De Luca, Jaca, Nicastro
Barreiro, Oliva, De Luca, Jaca, Nicastro's labour practice is fronted by founding partner and experienced labour lawyer Pablo Nicastro, who clients praise for his ‘very clear and detailed explanations’. The team handles all types of employment and labour law matters, including union relations, labour due diligence and company reorganisations. The practice is closely integrated with the firm’s corporate team and supports corporate clients on a daily basis with advice on all relevant labour, employment and migratory matters.
‘The firm builds very good interpersonal relationships.’
‘Pablo Nicastro provides very clear and detailed explanations and is attentive to the needs of the client.’
Beretta Godoy's managing partner, Joaquín Carrillo, is an experienced labour litigation practitioner and leads the firm’s labour practice with key support from associate Ana Victoria Scocimarro. The team advises local and international clients on all matters related to labour law, social security and human resources, as well as handling employee immigration issues. Typical mandates range from drafting contracts and labour policies, to labour due diligence work and representation in contentious labour litigation cases.
Toyota Boshoku America
AAJ Computer Service
Omega Pharma (Perrigo)
Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha
The True North America
- Assisting Toyota Boshoku with updating the anticorruption, antitrust and conflict-of-interest policies for its Argentine entities.
- Advised AAJ Technologies on labour claims initiated by employees whose employment was terminated during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Advised and assisted NRS on labour claims initiated by three managers following their dismissals.
Brons & Salas
Brons & Salas stands out for its experience handling contentious individual and collective labour disputes, but also advises on collective bargaining matters and the drafting of employee incentive plans and human resources policies. The practice is led by experienced figure Javier Verstegen, whose expertise extends across collective bargaining, transactional matters and labour relations. Associates Jimena Fariña, Laura Melniczuk and María Victoria Perez provide support across migration, litigation and day-to-day labour issues.
The team at Bulló Abogados is known for its strength in collective negotiation but also handles labour arbitrations, contract work and labour litigation. The practice is in a period of transition following the departure of senior lawyers Carlos Marín Rodriguez and Marcelo Claudio Perez to launch their own firm. Gonzalo Alberto Dabini now leads the team.
Gonzalo Alberto Dabini
Marin Perez Abogados
Labour and regulatory boutique Marin Perez Abogados was founded in March 2020 by name partners Marcelo Perez, an expert in labour litigation, and Carlos Marin, a well-regarded collective bargaining and negotiation specialist. The firm focuses on judicial and administrative matters and the management of litigious and conciliation portfolios; as well as counselling on individual and a collective labour issues, regulatory frameworks and public affairs. Associate Carolina Martignoni has built up a unique practice facilitating dialogue and negotiations with local and indigenous communities.
Carlos Marin; Marcelo Perez
The ‘top notch’ Tanoira Cassagne Abogados labour practice is best known for its advice on employment conflicts, complex labour trials, compensation programs, union negotiations, stock option plans and the labour aspects of restructurings. Labour specialist Pablo Mastromarino fronts the team and has expertise across all aspects of labour law, including expatriate programmes, collective bargaining agreements and a range of contentious matters. Key support comes from associates Mora Lopez Petit and Ezequiel Peña.
‘Tanoira Cassagne’s labour law team, led by Pablo Mastromarino, is top notch. Mastromarino is an assuring presence.‘
‘Pablo Mastromarino’s experience has helped us to resolve matters without having to go through long trials.‘
‘Pablo Mastromarino understands our needs and is very responsive.‘
‘Tanoira Casssagne’s labour team stands out from the rest of the market for always finding a solution that each client needs and that is practical for the business.‘
Mercado Abierto Electrónico
Wiener Soto Caparrós
Name partner and experienced labour lawyer Gonzalo Soto leads Wiener Soto Caparrós' labour practice, which handles a wide range of advice and conflict resolution. Labour relations management, collective bargaining and workforce reduction are among the practice group's key areas, with the team also advising on private employment litigation, and compensation and benefits structuring.
‘The service provided by the firm is very good and of high quality. The team are always up-to-date with the latest regulatory and jurisprudential developments and stand out for their knowledge of their clients’ business.‘
‘The team is very diligent, with extensive knowledge of the labour issues. They support us with advice and representation in litigation.‘
‘Gonzalo Soto and Guillermo Urruti are exceptional in the level of service and professionalism they provide. They are our eyes in a country where we do not have a physical presence, and they understand the business.‘
Helmerich & Payne Drilling Co
Regus Management de Argentina
Park Place Technologies
Pronokal Health Group
- Representing Helmerich & Payne Drilling Co in employment disputes, including the termination of expat employment, administrative proceedings, and disputes with executive and non-executive employees.
- Representation and advice to the Argentine subsidiary of Coca-Cola Andina in connection with its employment litigation portfolio; this involved the management of around 35 disputes for the company in 2021.
- Advised ZS Associates on a range of HR and employment matters, including employment practices, internal policies, employment agreements, contractor services agreements, workforce reduction and negotiations with employees.