Monica Feria-Tinta > Twenty Essex > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Twenty Essex Offices
20 ESSEX STREET
- Go to...
- Boundary delimitation
- Human rights
- International arbitration
- International criminal law
- International dispute settlement in the ICJ
- International environmental law
- Laws of war
- Private international law
- Public international law
Monica is a specialist in public international law. Her practice covers the full spectrum of public international law including law of the sea, boundary delimitation, international rivers, transboundary environmental damage, state responsibility, environmental law, investment law, international dispute settlement, treaty law, immunities, UN law, self-determination, human rights, ius ad bellum and the laws of war.
Her practice also covers private international law, international arbitration and public law, with an emphasis on human rights.
Monica acts as counsel in cases before English courts, international courts and arbitral tribunals under a variety of rules and applicable laws. She has appeared or advised before the International Court of Justice (ICJ), Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA), International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea, UN Human Rights Committee, Inter-American Commission on Human Rights, Inter-American Court of Human Rights, International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) tribunal, International Criminal Tribunal for ex-Yugoslavia (ICTY), UN Special Rapporteurships and diplomatic fora. Monica is admitted to practice before the International Criminal Court.
She accepts appointments as arbitrator in ICSID, PCA, International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and London Court of International Arbitration cases.
Year of call: 2014
Spanish (fluent); French (fluent); German (proficient)
- Alliance for Lawyers at Risk: Executive Committee
- American Society of International Law
- Bar Human Rights Committee
- British and Colombian Chamber of Commerce
- Canning House (The Hispanic and Luso Brazilian Council)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Chatham House (The Royal Institute of International Affairs)
- COMBAR African Committee
- Commercial Bar Association (COMBAR)
- European Society of International Law
- Fair Trial International: Legal Experts Advisory Panel
- Honourable Society of the Middle Temple
- ICC Young Arbitrators Forum
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association British Institute of International and Comparative Law
- Institut International des Droits de l’Homme, René Cassin Foundation, Strasbourg: Diploma in International Protection of Human Rights and International Humanitarian Law (1997)
- Institute of Human Rights, Abbo Academy: Diploma in Advanced Human Rights (2001)
- The Hague Academy of International Law: Diploma in International Law (2000)
- London School of Economics: LLM, with merit (1996)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú: Bachiller en Derecho (1991)