Catherine Carton > Carson McDowell > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Carson McDowell Offices
- Go to...
Defence Insurance Litigation Team
Instructed by the market leaders in the insurance industry to defend a wide range of employer’s and public liability claims. Has a wealth of experience in dealing with serious claims arising out of the engineering, quarrying and maritime industries. Skilled in defending motor claims ranging from minor whiplash injuries to motorcycle accidents involving serious and complex injuries. Large caseload of disease clams including industrial deafness, pleural plaques, asbestosis and mesotheolioma.
Qualified 1999. Assistant Solicitor Caldwell Warner 1999-2004. Assistant Solicitor Michael Taylor & Associates, London 2004 – 2005. Assistant Solicitor McCloskeys 2006- 2015. Associate Solicitor Carson McDowell LLP 2015 – 2017; Senior Associate 2017 – 2019; Partner 2019 – to date.
Sullivan Upper School. University of Dundee 1992 – 1996 2:1 LLB (Hons). Legal Practice Course at Nottingham Trent University 1996 – 1997. Institute of Professional Legal Studies at QUB 1998.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
The ‘excellent‘ Carson McDowell has ‘expertise in all areas of civil litigation, including industrial disease claims’ and ‘experience in handling the defence of complex investigations’. Managing partner Roger McMillan, who jointly leads the team, has extensive experience in handling clinical negligence claims. Fellow practice head Claire Harmer focuses on personal injury cases involving motor and work accidents, with expertise in examining employer’s and public liability. Jacqueline McAleese splits her time between Belfast and Dublin and is an expert in clinical negligence claims. Newly promoted partner Catherine Carton is well regarded for public and employer liability claims.
- Next Generation Partners - Northern Ireland > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant - Northern Ireland > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment