Catherine Carton > Carson McDowell > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Carson McDowell Offices
- Go to...
Defence Insurance Litigation Team
Instructed by the market leaders in the insurance industry to defend a wide range of employer’s and public liability claims. Has a wealth of experience in dealing with serious claims arising out of the engineering, quarrying and maritime industries. Skilled in defending motor claims ranging from minor whiplash injuries to motorcycle accidents involving serious and complex injuries. Large caseload of disease clams including industrial deafness, pleural plaques, asbestosis and mesotheolioma.
Qualified 1999. Assistant Solicitor Caldwell Warner 1999-2004. Assistant Solicitor Michael Taylor & Associates, London 2004 – 2005. Assistant Solicitor McCloskeys 2006- 2015. Associate Solicitor Carson McDowell LLP 2015 – 2017; Senior Associate 2017 – 2019; Partner 2019 – to date.
Sullivan Upper School. University of Dundee 1992 – 1996 2:1 LLB (Hons). Legal Practice Course at Nottingham Trent University 1996 – 1997. Institute of Professional Legal Studies at QUB 1998.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Carson McDowell has expertise in both personal injury and clinical negligence matters, with a client roster spanning medical associations, insurers and private companies. Managing partner Roger McMillan leads the medical negligence side with additional expertise in professional indemnity work. Leading the personal injury work is Claire Harmer, whose speciality lies in motor accidents as well as employer and public liability issues. The team also features Jacqueline McAleese, who is an expert in clinical negligence work, and Catherine Carton, who focuses on public and employer liability claims.
- Next Generation Partners - Northern Ireland > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant - Northern Ireland > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment