Matthew Cocklin > Devonshires Solicitors LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Devonshires Solicitors LLP Offices
30 FINSBURY CIRCUS
- Go to...
Construction and Engineering
Matthew specialises in construction dispute resolution and acts for all groups that operate in the domestic and international construction industry including developers, public bodies, contractors, sub-contractors and construction professionals. He advises on the merits of all types of construction dispute and acts as party representative in adjudication, arbitration, expert determination and litigation (Technology and Construction Court) proceedings together with mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution. Matthew has experience of acting as advocate at meetings before some of the leading adjudicators in the UK.
- Devonshires Solicitors 2013 (partner 2015);
- Mott MacDonald Limited 2004-13;
- Qualified as a solicitor 2009 (QLTT route);
- Called to the Bar 2004 (non-practising)
- First Prize – Hudson Prize Competition 2012 – Society of Construction Law;
- First Prize – Master Thesis Prize 2013 – European Society of Construction Law;
- Commendation – Brooking Prize 2013 – Society of Construction Law (Australia).
- Delay to Construction Contracts, guidance note published by Thomson Reuters Practical Law;
- International Approaches to the Legal Analysis of Concurrent Delay: Is there a Solution for English Law?, published by Construction Law Journal ((2014) 30(1) Cons Law 41-56) and Society of Construction Law Paper, No182;
- Joint author of Isurv guidance note on the professional conduct of expert witnesses.
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, 2013;
- Member of the Adjudication Society, 2011;
- Member of the Law Society, 2009;
- Member of the Society of Construction Law, 2006;
- Member of the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple, 2003.
- King’s College London (2012, MSc in Construction Law and Dispute Resolution).
- BPP School of Law (2009, Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test);
- University of the West of England (2004, Postgraduate Diploma in Bar Vocational Studies);
- University of Bristol (2003, LLM, Law);
- University of Kent (2002, LLB Hons, Law).
Family, gym, good food and wine.
Devonshires Solicitors LLP offers advise to a range of clients, including public and private developers, local authorities and private sector clients. It is particularly well known for its strength in social housing and residential and mixed-used development matters. Mark London leads the team, and has strong expertise in fire safety and building defect claims for high rise buildings across the UK, alongside Matthew Cocklin . Meanwhile, Michael Wharfe focuses on disputes in commercial, insurance, engineering and construction matters.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Real estate > Social housing: finance
- Real estate > Social housing: local authorities and registered providers