Jonathan Eves > Burges Salmon LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Burges Salmon LLP Offices
ONE GLASS WHARF
- Go to...
Partner in the corporate finance team with a particular focus on corporate finance transactions in the energy and healthcare sectors. Details of significant deals: acting for various developers, funders and institutional investors on investment in, and the acquisition and disposal of, renewable energy projects and portfolios across a range of technologies; advising Bluefield Solar on the acquisition of and financing of a portfolio of 15 operational solar PV plants with an aggregate capacity of 64.2MWp; advising GCP Infrastructure Investments (Gravis) in relation to the acquisition of a 70MWp portfolio of five operating wind farms from funds managed by Platina Energy Partners; advising Statkraft UK Ltd on its acquisition of UK onshore wind developer Airvolution Clean Energy Ltd.
Trained at Burges Salmon and qualified into the corporate team in September 2006. Appointed as a corporate partner with effect from 1 May 2015.
Member of ICAEW Corporate Finance Faculty.
Attended Royal Belfast Academical Institution; St. Peter’s College, Oxford, BA (Hons) in Law, 2000-03.
Playing rugby for Chew Valley RFC 1st XV where he was club captain from 2009-11.
Working across a number of national offices, Burges Salmon LLP regularly handles a strong mix of mid-market deals for clients in financial services, tech, retail, manufacturing, and energy – where the team is best known for its capabilities in nuclear and renewables. Bristol-based practice chair Nick Graves works with a wide range of public and private companies on joint ventures, capital markets fundraisings, and corporate governance projects. Rupert Weston anchors the firm’s hotel and leisure sector offering, acting for a diverse portfolio of high-profile chains and operators on both domestic and cross-border transactions. Camilla Usher-Clark is noted for her specialist expertise in community energy matters, with recent highlights including linked transactions for some of the biggest names in the market. Jonathan Eves is also recommended.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Transport > Rail
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport