Rubio Leguía Normand > Lima, Peru > Firm Profile
Rubio Leguía Normand Offices
AVENIDA DOS DE MAYO 1321
- Go to...
- Firm Profile
- Main Contacts
- Lawyer Profiles
- Press Releases
- Legal Developments
- Comparative Guides
Rubio Leguía Normand > The Legal 500 Rankings
Peru > Banking and finance Tier 2Rubio Leguía Normand acts for national and international clients in a range of transactional matters, including asset-backed financings and acquisition, corporate and project financings, and also handles regulatory matters. Practice head Andrés Kuan-Veng advises both borrowers and lenders, including investment banks, commercial banks and blue-chip corporations on loans and financing transactions, capital markets deals and regulatory issues. Carlos Arata is another name to note for financing, as well as M&A, while at the associate level, Wilfredo Cáceres, Germán Gómez and Sheerley Cardenas are noted. The team recently underwent a number of personnel changes, including the arrivals of Gerardo Guzmán from BBGS ABOGADOS and dual-qualified (New York/Peru) of counsel Eliana Peláez, from Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (Berlin office), in February and September 2023; along with the earlier addition of senior associate Carlos Cerpa from Lazo Abogados in August 2022. Principal associate Janett Burga departed in May of the same year.
‘Experience and knowledge that contributes to timely advice.’
‘Available and attentive to observations and queries.’
‘Excellent. Compared to other law firms in Peru, they are one of the best.’
‘Andrés Kuan-Veng is one of the best financial lawyers in the country.’
‘It is unique, it is leading with knowledge of the regulation, experience, and it is very close to the client.’
Petróleos del Perú – Petroperú
Banco Itau Uruguay
Banco Interamericano de Finanzas (Banbif)
- Advised Petroperú in negotiating three amendments to a $1.3bn export financing granted by eighteen banks.
- Advised Gramercy, a financial company dedicated to investing in emerging markets based in Connecticut, and Banco Santander Peru in a $40m financing in favour of Masplay and Equinox International (acting as co-borrowers).
- Advised Itau Corpbanca – NY Branch – and Banco Itaú Uruguay on a $62m financing to Pharmaceutica Euroandina for the acquisition of 100% of the shares of Hersil Laboratorios Farmaceuticos.
Peru > Capital markets Tier 2Rubio Leguía Normand fields a three-partner capital markets team under the leadership of Andrés Kuan-Veng; it was bolstered by the arrival of Gerardo Guzmán from BBGS ABOGADOS in February 2023 and also includes Carlos Arata. 2023 saw the firm take on several new capital markets clients, and it continues to handle an array of high-profile, cross-border ECM and DCM deals. Kuan-Veng is a key player in the market and brings 25 years of experience to both finance and capital markets transactions; he acts for investment and commercial banks, as well as blue-chip corporations. Arata is a key contact for corporate and finance transactions, including project finance and acquisition finance, and also handles the issuance of securities in capital market deals. At the associate level, Germán Gómez and Sheerley Cardenas are both recommended for corporate and financing work. Principal associate Janett Burga left the practice in April 2022.
Arca Continental Lindley
JP Morgan Chase
Banco de Credito del Peru
Protecta Compañia de Seguros
Fondo de Inversión Credicorp Deuda Soles
- Assisted Credicorp Capital in the $300m secured corporate inaugural bond programme of Centenario Renta Inmobiliaria.
- Advised Credicorp and Banco de Credito del Peru on a securitisation of up to $256m.
- Advised Corporacion Lindley (a subsidiary of Arca Continental) on the acquisition of investment shares of Corporacion Lindley, by means of a mandatory public tender offer through the Lima Stock Exchange.
Daniela García Belaunde
‘They provide strong industry knowledge and are constantly up-to-date and well informed with what is happening in the sector.’
‘They know the business and are proactive.’
Sociedad Eléctrica del Sur Oeste
Aluz Clean Energy
Ministerio e Energia y Minas
Organismo Supervisor de la Inversión en Energía y Minería
Colinas del Campo
Scania Services del Perú
- Advised Acciona Concesiones on a public tender for the design, construction, operation, and maintenance activities of two large projects.
- Advised Terna Peru on the development of a transmission project and compliance with its obligations under its concession contract that was suspended due to the mandatory social isolation measures due to COVID-19.
- Advised Aluz Clean Energy on defining the possibilities through which the surplus of power and energy of its hydroelectrical plant can be put into value and if such surplus can be traded.
Xennia Forno; Diego Grisolle; Emil Ruppert
Operadores Concentrados Peruanos
Minera Boroo Misquichilca
Pucara Gold – Pucara Resources
Fortuna Silver Mines – Minera Bateas
Newmont Mining Corporation – Minera Yanacocha
Barrick Gold Corporation – Minera Barrick Peru
Anglo American – Anglo American Quellaveco
Anglo American Perú
Aluminium Corporation of China – Minera Chinalco Peru
Cerámica San Lorenzo (Grupo Lamosa)
Minera Peñoles de Perú
Southern Peaks Mining – Minera Condestable
Jinzhao Mining Perú
Compañía Minera Santa Luisa
- Acted as counsel to Jinzhao Mining on the optimisation of the Pampa de Pongo Project, which included the modification of the original design approved for the construction of the mine as well as energy and port facilities.
- Engaged by Minera Chinalco to provide ongoing advice and consultancy services with respect to mining matters for the development of the Toromocho Project expansion.
- Retained as Operadores Concentrados Peruanos’ counsel in connection with the acquisition of the Cobriza mine from Doe Run Peru.
Peru > Environment Tier 2Rubio Leguía Normand handles both contentious and non-contentious environmental issues for a broad range of clients, including those in the manufacturing, energy and natural resources sectors. It is adept at advising on the environmental risks relating to M&A, as well as project finance, permits and licenses for various projects, with a focus on air quality control, water rights, nature protection and hazardous waste management. Other areas of focus include commercial and legal support regarding Clean Development Mechanisms (CDM) and offset projects, as well as carbon finance structuring. Xennia Forno leads the practice and is well known for project development work, environmental litigation and compliance, while key practitioner Miguel Angel Soto is recommended for environmental issues pertaining to the renewable energy sector. Former practice co-head Diego Grisolle left in March 2023.
Energy Development Corporation
Cerámica San Lorenzo
Logistica Quimicos del Sur
Association of Cement Producers – ASOCEM
- Engaged by Sercosta to provide ongoing legal advice to ensure that its fishing processing activities are performed in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Engaged by Olympic to provide ongoing legal advice services in relation to contentious issues, such as the defence of administrative complaints regarding environmental and technical issues in more than 10 proceedings.
- Advising Nexa Resources on more than 30 administrative sanctioning procedures before the Agency of Environmental Assessment and Enforcement Agency, relating to alleged non-compliance with environmental and social regulations.
Peru > Labour and employment Tier 2Rubio Leguía Normand‘s labour, employment and social security practice offers domestic and international clients support from three offices in Peru. The department has a particular focus on immigration law, an area which is headed by Angel Ramírez. The practice itself is co-led by Víctor Ferro, who is highly experienced in complex collective bargaining issues; Sandro Núñez, who has particular expertise in insurance matters; and Armando Gutiérrez, who is adept at assisting clients in the natural resources industry. Associate André Cossio is recommended for advice on occupational health and safety regulations, while fellow associates Marilú Merzthal and Carol Arancibia are key contacts for employment litigation.
Victor Ferro; Sandro Nuñez; Armando Gutierrez
‘The labour area of Estudio Rubio is excellent, we have been working with them for many years because they know our business perfectly and help us with the implementation of all labour regulations for our company. They are highly trained, up-to-date professionals, focused on providing business advice and not just a legal opinion, and that is what sets them apart from other firms.’
‘André Cossio stands out: top lawyer, highly professional, exceptional advice on labour issues and litigation. He brings us the best results for the company, he works hand in hand with us to create strategies that allow us to mitigate our risks as a company. I am sure that he will soon be a partner of the firm due to his experience and track record in labour consulting and litigation.’
‘Sandro Nuñez gives a personalised service and is always available to answer questions or see the issues that are entrusted to him.’
‘The legal solution they provide is new, always taking into account the current jurisprudence in our country. They are probably more up-to-date than other firms regarding how judges are resolving certain cases, and they combine that with the legal knowledge they have.’
‘Sandro Núñez is a lawyer who offers you the ideal legal solution, without selling you false solutions or promises to win a case if deep down you know that it is not the case. He is very sincere in that regard. He has a level of explanation of a legal way out that other lawyers probably don’t have.’
Pacífico Vida Compañía de Seguros y Reaseguros
Mapfre Compañía de Seguros y Reaseguros
La Positiva Compañía de Seguros y Reaseguros
American Airlines Sucursal Peru
Huawei del Perú
Minera Boroo Misquichilca
Consorcio Minero Horizonte
Metro de Lima Línea 2
Citibank del Perú
Agroindustria San Jacinto
Scania del Perú
San Martín Contratistas Generales
- Achieved several precautionary measures for several clients, and the first resolution of INDECOPI in the country that ordered to disapply, with general effects, the Supreme Decree No. 001-2022-TR.
- Advised Minera Yanacocha on the collective bargaining carried out with its two unions.
- Advised Pacífico Vida Compañía de Seguros y Reaseguros on various labour issues.
Peru > Corporate and M&A Tier 3Rubio Leguía Normand offers strength in domestic and cross-border M&A transactions under the leadership of Andrés Kuan-Veng, who has 20 years of experience in corporate work and has handled high-profile deals in the energy and infrastructure sectors; he also offers ancillary expertise in banking, finance and capital markets matters and is supported by Carlos Enrique Arata, who advises on corporate takeover bids, plans of arrangement and restructurings. In January 2023, Gerardo Guzmán joined from BBGS ABOGADOS, bringing M&A, restructuring and insolvency expertise to the team, and Wilfredo Cáceres was promoted to principal associate. In 2022, Carlos Cerpa joined as associate from Lazo Abogados and associate Janett Burga left the firm. Since publication, Arata has left the firm - effective as of November 2023.
Arca Continental Lindley
Rimac Internacional Compañia de Seguros
Scania del Peru
Avla Perú Compañía de Seguros
- Advised Minera Yanacocha on the repurchase of 5% equity interest in the company Summit Global Management II.
- Advised Belcorp, a Peruvian beauty and cosmetic conglomerate with presence in Latin America, that acquired the whole (100%) equity interest in Litho Laser.
- Advised Citibank del Perú on the evaluation of an international exchange offer launched during the integration of the BVL Group with the Colombian and Chilean stock exchanges.
American Airlines INC.
Andean Telecom Partners Peru
Anglo American Quellaveco
Caja de Pensiones Militar y Policial
Cia. Minera Santa Luisa
Citybike – San Isidro
Consorcio Minero Horizonte
Empresa de Generación Eléctrica del Sur
Frontera Energy Peru
Huawei del Peru
La Positiva Compañía de Seguros y Reaseguros
Minera Barrick Peru
Minera Boroo Misquichilca
Minera Chinalco Peru
Olympic Peru Inc
Peruvian Tours Agency
Servicio de Agua Potable y Alcantarillado de Lima
- Represented Citybike in an arbitration proceeding brought against San Isidro Municipality arising from the Public Bicycle System of San Isidro Contract for the implementation of a public bicycle system.
‘The firm provides personalised and specialised attention according to the specific query. The relationship is direct and immediate.’
‘Bruno Marchese: Great professionalism and knowledge in procedural and administrative issues.’
Andean Telecom Partners Peru
Anglo American Quellaveco
Huawei del Peru
Minera Barrick Peru
Minera Chinalco Peru
Peruvian Tours Agency
Servicio Nacional de Adiestramiento en Trabajo Industrial
- Represented Anglo American’s subsidiary Anglo American Quellaveco in different legal proceedings related to properties it acquired.
- Represented Minera Yanacocha in two proceedings brought against the company and the Ministry of Energy and Mines, through which third parties seek to render null and void resolutions for the Conga Mining Project.
Milagros Maraví; Milagros Mendoza
National Confederation of Private Business Institutions — CONFIEP
Servicio de Agua Potable y Alcantarillado – SEDAPAL
Programa Nacional de Inversiones en SALUD – PRONIS
Concesionaria IIRSA Norte
Concesionaria Interoceánica Sur-Tramo 2
Concesionaria Interoceánica Sur-Tramo 3
BERD – Projecto, Investigação E Engenhari De Pontes
Comité de Operación Económica del Sistema Interconectado Nacional – COES SINAC
Organismo Supervisor de la Inversión en Infraestructura de Transporte de Uso Público – OSITRAN
Organismo Supervisor de Inversión Privada en Telecomunicaciones – OSIPTEL
Proyecto Especial Legado Juegos Panamericanos y Parapanamericanos
Ópticas GMO Perú
Concesionaria Trasvase Olmos
Sociedad Concesionaria Desaladora del Sur
- Advised Cosapi Minería on a procedure to eliminate bureaucratic barriers against Supreme Decree N° 001-2022-TR in Peru.
- Advised Intersur Concesiones on a procedure to eliminate bureaucratic barriers against Supreme Decree N° 001-2022-TR in Peru, specifically the prohibition to use outsourcing for complementary and specialised activities.
- Prepared several drafts for the National Confederation of Private Business Institutions (CONFIEP) in order to make it easier for Peruvian companies to present claims for bureaucratic obstacles related to the prohibition of outsourcing activities.
Peru > Real estate Tier 3Rubio Leguía Normand’s real estate group ‘stands out for its deep knowledge, specialisation and experience’. It has considerable expertise in real estate matters pertaining to large infrastructure projects and advises on commercial and residential developments, with a focus on sales and acquisitions, permitting, registrations and disputes. Practice head Franco Soria is experienced in social conflict negotiation, land remediation and land titling processes, surface rights, and licensing and permitting, while at the associate level, Renzo López handles urban and rural developments, and Andrés Vasquez stands out for his unique experience in sanitation matters, having previously worked at the Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation. Since the conclusion of research, the practice group has been further strengthened with the hire of Pedro Pablo Castañeda -formerly in house at shopping centre developer, Real Plaza- as a partner - effective September 2023.
‘Their experience in the field is highly remarkable. The lawyers of this team have very high knowledge in the relevant matters and can propose solutions with multidisciplinary implications.’
‘This team stands out for its deep knowledge, specialisation and experience.’
‘Estudio Rubio has a large and diverse team that allows us to address in a timely and effective manner the different issues that arise.’
‘They compare favourably with teams from other firms and they have extensive knowledge of state procedures and regulations.’
‘The strength of the real estate area of Rubio Leguía y Normand is that it is made up of both experienced lawyers and highly qualified young people.’
‘They have professionals of different specialities and skills (engineers, communicators and community negotiators) which allows them to provide a comprehensive service in the real estate sector.’
‘Franco Soria stands out for his knowledge of the sector; he seeks objective and achievable solutions.’
‘Regarding the team, I consider that the abilities of the lawyers with whom I have worked are excellent, they have dynamism, empathy and above all they listen to our comments to carry out projects successfully.’
Municipalidad de Lima
Minera Las Bambas. MMG
Petróleos del Perú – Petroperú
Consorcio Besalco Stracon
Tiendas del Mejoramiento Del Hogar
Sodimac – Maestro
Fondo Mi Vivienda
Empedrada Lodge. Caral-Peru
Agroindustrial la Punta
Banco Internacional del Perú (Interbank)
Asociación de Empresas Inmobiliarias del Perú- ASEI.
GPS Management del Perú
Southern Peaks Mining
RED Peruana de Energía
ITAU CorpBanca/New York Branch
Banco Santander Perú
- Advised Municipalidad de Lima and EMAPE on the implementation of the compensation and involuntary resettlement plan for the expansion of the northern section of the metropolitan transportation system.
- Advising Minera Las Bambas on land purchases, land sanitation (both the mining project and the social projects they implement) and the management of social conflicts.
- Advised Real Plaza on the sanitation of a 30,000 m2 area of land.
Milagros Maraví; Andrés Kuan-Veng; Franco Soria; Daniela García Belaunde
Petroleos del Peru
Union por la Infraestructura
Municipalidad de Lima – World Bank
Minera Las Bambas
Consorcio Besalco – Stracon
Rubio Leguía Normand > Firm Profile
The firm ranks as one of Peru’s top tier full-service firms. Its reputation for high ethical standards and top-quality services combined with extensive experience and both local and international expertise makes it a regular player in milestone transactions. The firm is a member of the international TerraLex Network.
Main practice areas
Banking, finance and capital markets: The firm has participated on landmark transactions and its members are praised for their deal-oriented approach. The firm has been advising banks and developers in financing transactions in different sectors. In capital markets, the firm works with both issuers and arrangers in public and private (local and international) offers of securities, the firm also works with investment fund managers in the formation and offer of investment funds; listing of companies in the Lima Stock Exchange, among other transactions.
Project finance: The team has worked in project finance transactions in almost every sector and are pioneers in structures using payment certificates for advancement of works (CRPAOs, RPICAOs, etc). The firm advises participants in the most important public projects as well as sponsors of private initiatives, for investments of over $3bn.
Mergers and acquisitions: The firm’s practice is highly recognised and its well rooted team provides a knowledgeable and business based approach. The firm’s experience extends both to the ‘buy’ as well as the ‘sell’ side and its diverse array of clients include several sectors such as mining, fintech, forestry, micro-finance, energy, retail and infrastructure. Clients praise the practice due to its innovative approach and thorough understanding of both client and transaction needs.
Mining: Traditionally one of the firm’s key practice departments since its inception. Its broad experience and depth allow it to provide advice in all aspects relating to mining projects (exploration and development agreements, joint ventures, project finance, construction and energy supply agreements, land acquisition and permitting).
Energy: The firm’s energy practice encompasses all aspects of energy project development, including energy tenders, advising in the compliance of applicable market regulation and drafting/negotiating PPA agreements, as well as all types of agreements required to operate in the market. Regulatory: unparalleled experience in regulatory issues, concessions and PPPs, grants the firm a specialised knowledge regarding complex industries such as construction and infrastructure.
Environmental:The firm’s extensive experience in environmental matters relating to the development of all types of projects is renowned. Clients praise the environmental team for its ability to work together with technical specialists in order to provide a complete advisory relating to the environmental related matters regarding their projects.
Tax: The team’s practice encompasses a broad range of matters, having significant experience in M&A transactions, cross-border financings, energy, infrastructure and mining project development, among others. The World Tax Guide recognises the firm among the top five tax practices in Peru. The firm is also member of the TaxNet.
Labour and employment: The practice boasts a diverse team known in the market for its consistent experience and its impeccable record of accomplishment with expertise in both employment and social security. It handles audits, milestone collective bargaining, immigration law, gender diversity and both judicial and administrative proceedings.
Dispute resolution: The firm’s dispute resolution and arbitration practice encompasses every type of complex litigation, including antitrust, administrative, aeronautical, tax, constitutional and commercial litigation. Experience includes an active practice in arbitration and domestic and international dispute resolution, including investment arbitration settled before ICSID.
Real estate: The firm’s experience includes providing advice on acquisition of property or other surface rights owned by the public or private sector. Its services are supported by technical-legal diagnosis studies that identify legal limitations of the involved areas. The firm’s vast experience focuses on processes of detaching, accumulation, title clearance and on procedures for obtaining licenses of urban land improvement, building and operation and, in general, in any procedure related to property. Intellectual property: The firm advises its clients from the beginning on intellectual property issues in strict compliance with the, national, regional and international regulations. Likewise, it provides advice on the registration of their intellectual property elements, market positioning and on possible infringements against their rights from third parties.
Data protection: The firm provides advice across different market sectors in designing, implementing and auditing Personal Data Protection Programs based on their business activities, aimed at preventing possible contingencies and at creating value in their organisations. It also assists clients in the investigations, audits and administrative procedures initiated with the National Authority for the Protection of Personal Data.
Competition and antitrust: The firm’s practice assists clients throughout all the stages of any given competition process by analysing its client’s industry and implementing compliance programs tailored to their needs, which allows the firm to train the entire staff of an organisation in order to avoid acts contrary to the competition, and to mitigate the effects of any possible sanctioning procedures. The firm also accompanies clients in contingent situations through its consulting and handling litigation procedures, for which it has experience in anticipated procedural conclusions, such as termination commitments and leniency programs.
|Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate, M&A, Project Finance||Andrés Kuan-Veng (Partner)||firstname.lastname@example.org||(+51) 997 552 266 / (+511) 208 3030|
|Labour & Employment||Armando Gutiérrez (Partner)||email@example.com||(+51) 998 909 845 / (+511) 208 3039|
|Arbitration, Dispute Resolution, Constitutional, Patrimonial and Non-Patrimonial Civil Law||Bruno Marchese (Partner) (Partner)||firstname.lastname@example.org||(+51) 998 698 356 / (+511) 208 3005|
|Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate, M&A, Project Finance||Carlos Arata (Partner)||email@example.com||(+51) 951 029 069 / (+511) 208 3030|
|Corporate, M&A, Tax and Customs, Wealth Management||César Luna Victoria (Partner)||firstname.lastname@example.org||(+51) 945 094 557 / (+511) 208 3011|
|Corporate, M&A||Claudia Chong (Partner)||email@example.com||(+51) 994 092 907 / (+511) 208 3000|
|Natural Resources: Energy and Hydrocarbons||Daniela García Belaunde (Partner)||firstname.lastname@example.org||(+51) 998 698 479 / (+511) 208 3000|
|Environment, Natural Resources: Mining||Diego Grisolle (Partner)||email@example.com||(+51) 999 494 546 / (+511) 208 3000|
|Corporate, M&A, Natural Resources: Mining||Emil Ruppert (Partner)||firstname.lastname@example.org||(+511) 208 3000|
|Arbitration, Dispute Resolution, Constitutional, Patrimonial and Non-Patrimonial Civil Law||Fausto Viale (Counsel)||email@example.com||(+51) 999 000 063 / (+511) 208 3000|
|Real Estate, Land Remediation and Land Titling||Franco Soria (Partner)||firstname.lastname@example.org||(+51) 995 065 425 / (+511) 208 3007|
|Corporate||Guillermo Acuña (Managing Partner)||email@example.com||(+51) 999 647 794 / (+511) 208 3003|
|Tax & Customs||Luz María Pedraza (Partner)||firstname.lastname@example.org||(+51) 998 675 326 / (+511) 208 3008|
|Public Law||Milagros Maraví (Partner)||email@example.com||(+51) 999 497 257 / (+511) 208 3014|
|Labour & Employment||Sandro Núñez (Partner)||firstname.lastname@example.org||(+51) 995 730 181 / (+511) 208 3026|
|Labour & Employment||Víctor Ferro (Pertner)||email@example.com||(+51) 999 651 267 / (+511) 208 3004|
|Environment, Natural Resources: Mining||Xennia Forno (Partner)||firstname.lastname@example.org||(+51) 998 698 618 / (+511) 208 3009|
|Carlos Arata||Carlos is a Partner of the Financial and Corporate Practice Area, specializing…||View Profile|
|Claudia Chong||Claudia is a partner of the Financial and Corporate Practice Area, focusing…||View Profile|
|Víctor Ferro||Víctor is a partner of the Labor, Social Security, Migratory and Aeronautical…||View Profile|
|Xennia Forno||Xennia is a Partner and head of the Natural Resources: Mining and…||View Profile|
|Daniela García Belaunde||Daniela is a partner in the Natural Resources Practice Area, specializing in…||View Profile|
|Diego Grisolle||Diego is a partner of the Natural Resources: Mining and Environmental Practice…||View Profile|
|Armando Gutiérrez||Armando is a partner of the Labor and Social Security Practice Area,…||View Profile|
|Andrés Kuan-Veng||Andrés is a partner of the Financial and Corporate Area, focusing in…||View Profile|
|César Luna Victoria||César is a partner of the Tax and Customs Practice Area; and…||View Profile|
|Milagros Maraví||Milagros is a partner of the Administrative and Regulatory Practice Area, specializing…||View Profile|
|Bruno Marchese||Bruno is a partner of the Dispute Resolution and Arbitration Practice Areas,…||View Profile|
|Milagros Mendoza||Milagros is Principal associate of the Administrative and Regulatory Practice Area, specializing…||View Profile|
|Sandro Núñez||Sandro is a partner of the Labor, Social Security and Migratory Practice…||View Profile|
|Luz María Pedraza||Luz María is a partner and a joint head of the Tax…||View Profile|
|Emil Ruppert||Emil is a partner of the Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate and Contractual…||View Profile|
|Franco Soria||Franco is a partner of the Real Estate and Land Remediation and…||View Profile|
|Miguel Angel Soto||Miguel Ángel is principal associate of the Natural Resources: Mining, Environment, Water…||View Profile|
|Fausto Viale||Fausto is a consultant of the Dispute Resolution and Arbitration Practice Areas,…||View Profile|
Staff FiguresPartners : 19 Other fee-earners : 61 Total staff : 140
LanguagesSpanish English German French Portugese
Press Releases30th October 2023
- Since Wednesday, October 4, Jorge Dávila joined Rubio Leguía Normand as a partner in the Tax and Customs area.
- With more than 17 years of experience in the field of tax consulting and procedures, advising clients with multinational and local presence in various aspects of the matter; such as tax structuring of operations, tax compliance, assistance in audits, representation in contentious and non-contentious procedures, as well as tax judicial processes, among others, will be very well used to strengthen Rubio Leguía Normand.
30th October 2023
- Since Wednesday, October 4, Giancarlo Celis became a partner in the Dispute Prevention and Resolution and Arbitration area of Rubio Leguía Normand.
- Giancarlo is a specialist in all types of litigation and dispute resolution, legal risk determination, legal affairs manager, compliance, and corporate affairs, with more than 16 years of professional experience, which will serve to strengthen Rubio Leguía Normand.
27th October 2023
- Since Wednesday, September 18, Eliana Pelaez joined Rubio Leguía Normand as a consultant in the corporate and financial area.
Legal Developments3rd December 2020
In Peru, the ongoing Pandemic has made more evident the great deficit in infrastructure in the various public services: transportation, energy, telecommunications, health, water and sanitation, water infrastructure and education. Our infrastructure development is lagging behind regional peers and even more so with OECD countries. We rank 85th out of 137 countries on the Infrastructure Quality Indicator of the Global Competitiveness Index 2017-2018.
By Franco Soria, Partner of the Real Estate Area
27th October 2020 As of 2004, Peru began the exploitation of its most important natural gas reserves, located in the region of Cusco (Camisea), specifically in the fields located in the towns of San Martín, Cashiriari and Mipaya. These reserves, coming from Lots 88 and 56, are transported from the rainforest to the coast of the country to meet the energy demand of the population.
25th September 2020 Article written by Diego Grisolle, Partner for our Mining Practice Area.
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- Energy and natural resources > Mining
- Labour and employment
- Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution: Arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Litigation
- Public law and regulation
- Real estate