Ms Laura Keidan Martin > Katten > Chicago, United States > Lawyer Profile
525 WEST MONROE STREET
CHICAGO, IL 60661-3693
- Go to...
Ms Laura Keidan Martin
Laura Keidan Martin counsels health care providers on their most challenging transactions and compliance issues. As co-chair of Katten’s national Health Care practice, she represents hospitals and health systems, ancillary services and post-acute care providers, physician groups and life sciences companies.
Ultimately, Laura’s work on both transactional and compliance matters paves the way for health care providers to successfully navigate risks while achieving business objectives. Toward that end, she starts with an intimate understanding of their businesses, risk profiles and strategic priorities. This informs everything she does for clients, including structuring complex transactions and advising on compensation arrangements with referral sources. She also regularly helps clients develop clinically integrated networks, navigate high-stakes compliance issues — including government investigations — and proactively reduce regulatory risk through preventative measures like compliance education.
Drawing on years of experience and her knowledge of regulatory pitfalls, Laura provides timely and pragmatic solutions to complex issues. In transactional matters, she quickly identifies options and regulatory risks on her way to developing deal structures that best meet client business objectives. In the compliance space, she helps clients grasp the relevant issues immediately based on experience, without the need for research, and provides a recommended course of action, including corrective action plans and government disclosures where appropriate.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Venture capital and emerging companies
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense