Mr Kenneth Miller > Katten > Chicago, United States > Lawyer Profile
525 WEST MONROE STREET
CHICAGO, IL 60661-3693
- Go to...
Mr Kenneth Miller
Kenneth Miller devotes much of his practice to representing private equity sponsors, including private equity funds, independent sponsors and family offices, and their portfolio companies in connection with their acquisition and investment activities. His work covers the initial buyout of or investment in the portfolio company, all aspects of the legal representation of the portfolio company during the sponsor’s ownership and the sponsor’s exit transaction from the portfolio company. His representations have included sponsor investments in a wide variety of industries, including manufacturing and industrials, distribution, business services, health care and technology.
In his wider practice, Ken represents private equity sponsors, public and private businesses and entrepreneurs in their merger and acquisition (M&A) activities. He also represents numerous pharmaceutical businesses in acquisition and licensing activities, and provides general corporate counseling to private and public businesses.
In addition, Ken advises high-net-worth individuals on the legal aspects of their investments, from acquiring or investing in business to investing in funds.
JD, Northwestern University School of Law, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif; BS, University of Illinois, with highest honors
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Venture capital and emerging companies
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense