Mr Derek Ladgenski > Katten > Chicago, United States > Lawyer Profile
525 WEST MONROE STREET
CHICAGO, IL 60661-3693
- Go to...
Mr Derek Ladgenski
For more than two decades, private debt providers and banks have turned to Derek Ladgenski to advise on their most complicated and challenging debt financing deals. Derek helps his clients close complex financings quickly and efficiently, without surprises or delays, and builds their relationships and market presence along the way.
Derek counsels lead arrangers, administrative agents and lenders on cash-flow acquisition and recapitalization financings, “take private” transactions and debt financings. Thanks to his vast experience and deep roots in the financing community, Derek helps his clients understand current market conditions, avoid getting bogged down in legal minutiae and get their deals done. His high volume of transactional work — from multibillion-dollar syndicated loans to smaller bilateral deals — allows him to advise clients on current market conditions, the effects of decisions through different credit cycles and positioning for future success.
In all of his engagements, Derek strives to exceed expectations and ensure that all parties walk away from the negotiating table as happy with the process as possible, helping his clients to build relationships and grow their own standing with their customers. He has particularly extensive experience in retail, restaurant and franchise financings, where he facilitates the expansion of national and international franchisors, franchisees and restaurant operators through a variety of deal sizes and types, from financings of smaller franchisees and young restaurant concepts to credit facilities of more than $1 billion.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Venture capital and emerging companies
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense