Holland & Knight > Mexico City, Mexico > Firm Profile
Holland & Knight Offices
PASEO DE LA REFORMA NO. 342
PISO 28, COL.JUÁREZ, DEL. CUAUHTÉMOC
C.P. 06600 MEXICO, DF
Holland & Knight > The Legal 500 RankingsHolland & Knight LLP excels across the full spectrum of services in relation to energy and natural resources, with its ‘extensive knowledge and experience, excellent customer service‘, and ‘professionals and innovators with a pro-business vision’ makes the firm an undoubted leader in the field, according to sources. Flush form its merger with Thompson and Knight in 2021, the firm’s energy practice is particularly robust and represents both local and international clients in project finance, M&A, public procurement, regulatory and environmental, and contractual and corporate matter, among others. The ten-strong team demonstrates significant depth in both the power and oil-and-gas segments, from the establishment and development of energy businesses through to the execution and management of projects; it also works hand-in-hand with the firm’s disputes practice as required when contentious matters arise, as well as being accustomed to working with the firm’s other international offices on cross-border and multi-jurisdictional matters. The core group of senior advisors comprises four partners. Carlos Ochoa, who is highly regarded for his advice on local and cross-border energy and infrastructure project development and financings and associated real estate matters. The ‘proactive, effective and highly reliable’ Claudio Rodriguez who has ‘vast experience in energy law‘ – specifically, in the power segment; and who was additionally appointed head of the firm’s construction practice in August 2022. Head of the Monterrey office, Gabriel Ruiz, whose broad advisory practice includes company planning and formation, specialised contracts, M&A, financial operations and international tax planning, as well as a niche specialisation in representing clients before relevant governmental and regulatory entities such as the SENER, CNH, CRE, ASEA, CFE, PEMEX, CNBV, and BMV; and finally, Rodolfo Rueda, who focuses on regulatory and government affairs, as well as cross-border natural resources and energy transactions, and divides his time between the firm's Mexico City and Houston offices. Key support comes from senior counsels Regina Legorreta (‘highly knowledgeable and highly reliable’) who focuses on energy and infrastructure project structuring, PPAs and EPC contracts, among other matters; and the dual-qualified (Mexico/New York) Alejandro A Sánchez Mújica, who advises on both the financing of energy projects and transactional activity in the sector. Associate Alberto Esenaro moved to Dentons López Velarde in March 2022.
Carlos Ochoa; Claudio Rodriguez; Gabriel Ruiz; Rodolfo Rueda
‘Extensive knowledge and experience, excellent customer service, professionals and innovators, with a pro-business vision, they easily adapt to the company’s procedures, as well as to the demand and specification of the required services.‘
‘Our point of contact is Rodolfo Rueda, who is always attentive to the needs of the company, with an innovative, pro-business and very professional approach.’
‘High-level professional practice, always with correct and immediate answers, they are proactive and take matters as their own.’
´Claudio Rodríguez, vast experience in energy law, proactive, effective and highly reliable. Regina Legorreta, highly knowledgeable and highly reliable.’
Talos Energy/Wintershall DEA/Harbour Energy (Premier Oil)
BHP Group Limited
Quarternorth Energy (formerly Fieldwood Energy)
Grupo México-Invenergy (Parque Eolico de Fenicias)
Dragados Offshore Mexico
Acciona (San Carlos Project)
Engie (Sol de Insurgentes)
Cubico Sustainable Investments
- Advised Technip Energies and its Mexican affiliate in its participation as the master contractor in the largest liquid natural gas EPC project in Mexico, a liquefaction-export facility in Baja California, that will add natural gas liquefaction capabilities to ECA’s existing LNG receipt storage and regasification terminal.
- Advised the Block 7 operating consortium formed by Talos Energy, Wintersahll Dea and Harbour Energy (formerly Premier Oil); the block includes the Zama field in the Gulf of Mexico, one of the largest oil fields discovered in Mexico’s recent history.
- Advised BHP Billiton on the award and execution of the Trion Block deepwater license agreement (valued at $1bn) in association with PEMEX; BHP secured operatorship and a 60 percent interest in the license agreement covering the areas constituting the Trion Block, located south of Mexico’s maritime border with the United States.
‘By having a presence in the United States, they support operations with double jurisdictions.’
Banco Afirme / Banco Multiva
Banco Santander México
Artha Capital – Prana Power
Government of the State of Aguascalientes
Banco Sabadell México
Cemex-Pattern Energy “Helios”
Valero – Grupo Mexico
Acciona – Grupo México
- Advised Banco Afirme, as arranger and lender, Banco Multiva and potential syndicate lenders on the structuring of a public-private project for the construction and operation of a $750m solar plant for the electricity supply of the Government of the State of Baja California and its entities; the solar power plant will have a capacity of 300.5MW and storage system of 106MW, with 4 hours of discharge for a total installed capacity of 406.5MW.
- Advised Banco Santander México and Grupo Financiero Santander México in two simultaneous credit transactions in favour of Windstar Group, a club deal with Banco Sabadell for the renovation of Windstar’s network of gas stations and a term loan for the construction of a natural gas storage terminal facility located in Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico.
- Advised Artha Capital on the execution of diverse long term PPA agreements to allocate the total capacity of two solar projects, the negotiation of the EPC agreements for the construction of projects, and the regulatory matters of the projects to secure financing.
Mexico > Banking and finance Tier 3Holland & Knight LLP's banking and finance practice, which appeals to clients for making ‘things happen successfully’, is led by the ‘passionate and knowledgeable’ Alejandro Landa, who has experience representing Mexican and foreign companies, as well as financial institutions, in a range of financial transactions - including domestic and cross-border financings, project finance, asset-backed and future-flow securitisations, and leveraged leasing. The firm's August-2021 merger with Thompson & Knight has enhanced the group's capabilities in industries such as energy, financial services, real estate and hospitality, and nurtured the team with new talent such as Monterrey-based senior counsel Alejandro A. Sánchez Mújica. Guillermo Uribe, who is particularly well-versed in capital markets mandates, and heads said practice in Mexico; and senior associate Aldo González, who earns plaudit for being ‘detail oriented’, are other names to note.
‘H&K Mexico is passionate and committed to impact. They have gone above and beyond to support our work. Regardless of urgent deadlines, incomplete info or other challenges, they continue to make things happen successfully.’
‘Alejandro Landa is committed, passionate and knowledgeable. Aldo González is detail oriented, passionate and knowledgeable.’
Talos Energy/Wintershall Dea/Harbour Energy (Premier Oil)
Quarternorth Energy (formerly Fieldwood Energy)
Community Investment Management
Banco Nacional de Obras y Servicios Públicos, Sociedad Nacional de Crédito, Institución de banca de Desarrollo
Banco Santander México
Wilmington Savings Fund Society
Wells Fargo Capital Finance / Wells Fargo Bank – Supplier Financing Program
Banca Mifel – institución de Banca Múltiple (Grupo Financiero Mifel)
- Assisted BHP with corporate governance and secretarial matters related to the sale of its interests in the Eagle Ford, Haynesville and Permian Onshore US oil-and-gas assets to BP America Production Company for $10.5bn.
- Advised Technip Energies (and its Mexican affiliate) on its participation as master contractor in the engineering, procurement, and construction project of the largest LNG project in Mexico, in Ensenada, Baja California.
- Advised UMB Bank, as administrative agent and collateral agent, on a debtor-in-possession (DIP), multi-tranche, delayed draw term loan facility valued at $1bn.
Mexico > Capital markets Tier 3Holland & Knight LLP's capital markets practice was notably reinforced in March 2022 with the arrival of former DLA Piper Mexico practice-head, Xavier Mangino Dueñas, who joined alongside senior counsel Elena Ibarrola and two associates. They join the ‘very experienced and competent’ Mexico City team, which has a solid track record in the real estate investment trust segment, advising on both equity and debt matters, including capital development certificates (CKDs), mainly drawing on the renowned expertise of practice-head Guillermo Uribe, a well know figure in this area. Distinguished REIT specialist Adrián Gay Lasa, and associates Jorge González Carlini and Santiago Soldevilla are also key contacts of the group. Work highlights include representing Fibra Uno in connection with a $650m senior notes issuance.
‘Great experience in the creation of Real Estate Investment Trusts FIBRAs.’
‘Guillermo Uribe, Adrián Gay Lasa lead a very experienced and competent team.’
Community Investment Management
- Represented Fibra Uno in connection with a $300m senior notes issuance that included the reopening of up to $300m in 5.250% notes (due 2026), issued in accordance with Rule 144A / Reg. S of the United States’ Securities Act of 1933.
- Represented Fibra Uno in connection with its fourth and fifth long-term sustainable bonds issuances (FUNO 21X and FUNO 21-2X, respectively) under its preauthorized program for a total amount of $400m.
- Advised Agrofibra on its $300m IPO process, thereby becoming the first Mexican REIT in the agro-food industry.
Luis Rubio; Carlos Véjar
‘The specialised knowledge in foreign trade and exceptional service. In terms of strengths, it seems to me that they have an appropriate risk calibration. I think what makes H&K really exceptional is its relationship with its customers.’
‘Good risk calibration and good availability/participation of its partners.’
- Advised Amazon on customs and regulatory issues derived from the importation of goods.
- Advised Dufry on trade and corporate matters before customs and airport authorities.
- Advised Ashcroft on the process of incorporating a new company and obtaining IMMEX authorisation and VAT certification valued at $1.45m in 2020 and $3.24m in 2021.
Mexico > Real estate Tier 3Holland & Knight LLP has long been a relevant participant in the real estate sector; well versed in the industry - including industrial, commercial, retail, residential and leisure facilities, as well as FIBRAS and CKDs - it has profound expertise in cross-border real estate transactions and also offers real estate-related capital markets expertise, and advice on the planning , development, financing and construction of real estate projects, as well as tax structuring and planning. The practice is co-led by Guillermo Uribe, whose track record includes major real estate acquisitions, rights offers, follow-on offers and debt deals, and is also widely recognised (and respected) for his expertise in FIBRA-related matters; and Adrián Gay Lasa, who also focuses on matters related to Mexican REITS - particularly their IPOs - along with transactions related to the hospitality/hotels and construction segments, funding, and investment vehicles designed to fund development and/or the acquisition of portfolios. Key support comes from experienced senior Jorge González Carlini, who primarily handles real estate finance matters. Additionally, Alejandro Landa (who focuses on the energy, finance and transactional matters) also participates in real estate work on an ongoing basis. Former associate Santiago Soldevilla moved in house as legal manager at RLH Properties in February 2022.
Guillermo Uribe; Adrian Gay Lasa
Fibra Haus / Casa de Bolsa Santander, Grupo Financiero Santander México
- Advised Agrofibra on its IPO process to become a Mexican REIT and the acquisition of numerous different real estate properties; the vehicle will be constituted and specialised to maximize distributions to the CBFIs holders.
- Advised Parks Desarrolladora on the purchase of Gurpo Posadas’ equity in the project, and the financing for said purchase.
- Advised Fibra Uno in connection with its fourth and fifth issuances of long-term sustainable bonds under its pre-authorised program for a total amount of $400m; the proceeds were used to finance or refinance, eligible -new or existing- sustainable projects.
Mexico > TMT Tier 3Counting prestigious names such as Telefonica and Eutelsat among its clients, Holland & Knight LLP houses a ‘very prepared, efficient and knowledgeable team in the telecommunications industry that provides accurate and professional advice’. A talented partner-duo made up of managing partner Luis Rubio, who excels in both contentious and regulatory mandates; and Octavio Lecona, a former official at the Mexican telecommunications regulator, co-head the department, which advises on transactions, disputes, antitrust and regulatory matters; and covers the full range of the TMT sector – including telecommunications, satellites, media, wireless services, quadruple play, e-commerce, and cloud services and communications. The firm's merger with Thompson & Knight LLP, completed in August 2021, has expanded it's foothold in the Mexican market, including in the TMT area.
Luis Rubio; Octavio Lecona
‘It is a very prepared, efficient and knowledgeable team within the telecommunications industry that provides accurate and professional advice for the success of the businesses in which we have requested its intervention.’
‘They can communicate clearly and kindly. Octavio Lecona has worked with us for many years.’
‘What I appreciate about H&K and what makes it positively different is its empathy to understand the problems that one as a client shares. The answers and recommendations always come in a complete context and therefore provide great value. This is specially noticeable with Octavio Lecona.’
‘The firm has very high-level professionals who know the client’s business and provide comprehensive advice.’
‘I would highlight the experience of its lawyers and the quality of its deliverables. Always correct.’
- Represented Telefonica Mexico in a deal with AT&T Mexico in connection with the leasing of radio spectrum holdings in the 800 MHz frequency band.
- Represented Eutelsat in an ICSID investment arbitration proceeding against the Mexican government related to the disproportionate satellite capacity lien imposed on Eutelsat’s satellite constellation occupying geostationary orbits assigned by the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) to Mexico.
Mexico > Corporate and M&A Tier 4Holland & Knight LLP was one of the firms that started 2022 with important news. Following its merger with Thompson & Knight, the firm not only strengthened various practice areas –including corporate and M&A– with talented lawyers that expanded its capabilities in key industries, but also reinforced its presence in Monterrey. Luis Rubio, a renowned market figure –particularly in the TMT segment– heads the practice, which features a ‘multidisciplinary group of high-profile corporate lawyers with excellent service attitude, commitment, and technical knowledge’. Bringing additional expertise in the telecoms space is Octavio Lecona, whose practice encompasses M&A, joint ventures, corporate restructuring and contractual matters. Senior counsel Selene Espinosa is another name to note in the Mexico City office. Operating from Monterrey are of counsel Alejandro F Sánchez Mújica, and senior counsel Alejandro A Sánchez Mújica.
‘They are a multidisciplinary group of high-profile corporate lawyers with excellent service attitude, commitment, and technical knowledge.’
‘They deliver results in a timely, clear and effective manner.’
‘The effectiveness of the H&K corporate team in Mexico is unique. Their ability to resolve complex situations in record time and additionally the organisation of our corporate records.’
‘They are friendly, attentive and responsible. They attend to our needs in record time!’
Inmobiliaria Delta Alamar
- Assisted BHP with corporate governance and secretarial matters on the sale of certain oil and gas assets to BP America Production Company for an agregated amount of approximately $11bn.
- AdvisedEddyfi NDT with the implementation of guarantees in Mexico related to a $300m credit agreement entered into by the company and National Bank of Canada.
- Advised Generadora Fenix regarding an increase of power generation capacity at several hydroelectric plants in Mexico, and with the corporate structure of a joint venture for a $100m LNG gas project in the counntry.
‘Holland & Knight’s practice is unique. They are very focused on matters of a substantive nature in the telecommunications, foreign trade and, of course, investment advisory practices. This involvement gives them a competitive advantage in that they have in-depth knowledge of the substantive matters that they eventually deal with at the litigation stage.’
‘Carlos Véjar has a very particular leadership ability, this being that he is able to adapt to the style of the people he works with, and not the other way around.’
‘Juan Pablo Moyano has an unparalleled capacity for organization and meticulousness, which means that he is the one who usually ensures work of the highest quality in all categories.’
‘Josafat Paredes is one of the most creative minds in the firm. His multi-disciplinary background allows him to consistently approach problems with unconventional, yet exceptionally creative and effective solutions.’
- Represented Eutelsat in ICSID investment arbitration against the Mexican government related to the satellite capacity lien (valued at $120m) imposed on Eutelsat’s satellite constellation.
José Luis Villareal
‘Extensive knowledge, attention and speed.‘
‘Excellent service and attention.‘
Universidad Metropolitana de Monterrey
- Advised Universidad Metropolitana de Monterrey on the planning, design, licensing, negotiation, and contentious proceedings regarding intellectual property assets for the University.
Mexico > Tax Tier 5Holland & Knight LLP continues to see the benefits of its August 2021 merger with Thomson & Knight, particularly in its tax department, which is gaining momentum thanks to the good work of its two partners Eugenio Grajeda , ‘one of the best problem solvers’, and Mario Barrera, whose mastery of ‘tax matters is outstanding’. Grajeda has a focus on international tax and estate and patrimonial tax planning, while Barrera regularly acts for clients before tax authorities in tax examinations, administrative appeals, settlements, and mutual agreement procedures. Key support comes from associate Catalina Mandujano.
Eugenio Grageda; Mario Barrera
‘Mario Barrera’s mastery of tax matters is outstanding. His experience allows him to see issues that others cannot see or anticipate. Other offices do not provide a service like Mario’s, timely and precise.’
‘Mario differs from his competitors due to his experience and management, his explanation of the issues and their consequences is very clear. The alternatives he proposes are always viable.’
‘Compared to other firms, its advantage derives from its ability to create practical solutions and its anticipation of problems.’
‘I have worked with Eugenio Grajeda for the last two years. He is one of the best problem solvers I have ever dealt with. He is a very knowledgeable lawyer of international and financial rules. He has great ability to explain the laws in play.’
‘Highly grateful for his abilities to streamline the operations of a company at an international level. His fiscal analysis of the group’s operation has allowed us to be more competitive.’
‘His ability to understand the business and generate solutions for me. It promotes practicality in transactions with other offices without creating unnecessary problems. Great conciliator. Delivery on time and without errors. I have worked with Eugenio Grajeda.’
Japan Tobacco International
Exeter Property Group
- Advised an automotive company on setting up a centralised treasury system that will consider issues such as exchange gains or losses and income tax withholdings; deal value: over $1bn.
- Advised an energy company on the definition and structuring of a joint development agreement with Siemens for the construction of a 1000MW combined cycle project in Mexico City; deal value: over $1bn.
- Advised Japan Tobacco International on lobbying against an increase in certain excise tax (IEPS) on tobacco for 2020; value $20m.
Medical University Hospital Authority
Eco Oro Minerals
Royal Industries International
King Baby Marine
- Acted as lead counsel to Eutel’s Satmex for more than 10 years in an investment arbitration proceeding against the Mexican government before ICSID for breach of several provisions under the Mexico-France bilateral investment treaty.
- Secured a victory for Drummond in a nine-party ICC arbitration involving the construction of a railway in Colombia.
- Advising a precious metals exploration and mining development company Eco Oro Minerals with respect to an international arbitration filed against Colombia concerning the prevention of mining activities in a protected area despite the existence of mining titles before the area was protected.
Holland & Knight > Firm Profile
Holland & Knight is a global law firm with more than 1,400 lawyers practicing in over 200 areas of law in 27 offices throughout the world, including Mexico City, Bogotá and London. Among the largest US-based law firms, Holland & Knight provides representation in litigation, business, real estate and governmental law. Interdisciplinary practice groups and industry-based teams provide clients with access to attorneys throughout the firm, regardless of location.
Holland & Knight is one of the few US-based firms with a full-service office located in Mexico. Our Mexico City office is a key component of our Latin America Practice, helping provide broad representation for clients across the region. Members of our Mexico practice have extensive experience assisting various public and private sector interests, including advising the Mexican government; state, local and other municipal governments; foreign and domestic investors; and small companies to large multinational corporations. In particular, our team was instrumental in the development of the real estate capital, structured finance and securitization markets, including the formation of the largest real estate investment trusts (REITs) in Mexico.
Holland & Knight Mexico City was established in 2013. The firm currently has eight partners and more than 40 attorneys and legal professionals. Our hands-on experience is enhanced by working relationships established with leaders in Mexico’s business and government sectors.
Main areas of practice: Our Mexico City office offers our clients a one-stop shop with full-service practice capabilities. We have assisted the Mexican government in the analysis, design and drafting of key current legislation and regulations, and have been a leading participant in the establishment of the Mexican securitization industry. We also have significant experience in the energy sector, including oil and gas, electricity, liquefied natural gas (LNG), renewables, biofuels, and government procurement. The firm also has participated in several of the nation’s most significant and pioneering transactions, as well as has designed structures for several large-scale deals that are currently considered to be a standard in the financial markets.
Our energy team collaborates with our corporate and financial services practices, allowing the firm to participate in important energy and finance projects. This multi-practice teamwork allows for a comprehensive in-house approach to better serve our clients and provide innovative solutions, including on several government-sponsored energy projects.
We offer a multidisciplinary mergers and acquisitions (M&A) practice that includes corporate lawyers well-versed in antitrust, taxation, labor and employment. Our in-depth experience allows us to provide comprehensive services throughout the entire transaction process. Our attorneys frequently advise clients in connection with joint ventures, strategic alliances, divestitures and liquidations, and corporate governance. Our capabilities in this area include due diligence of target companies, negotiation of sale and purchase agreements, design and implementation of purchase or sale structures, and procurement of regulatory approvals.
Our technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) attorneys have deep knowledge of the industry and combine their private practice, public sector and executive-level experience to provide innovative representation. We have served as lead counsel in major transactions that have shaped the telecommunications market in Mexico, particularly the mobile and satellite industries. Our efforts have helped develop a public policy concerning infrastructure deployment, government procurement in the industry, efficient use of radio frequency bands and competition issues.
Our dispute resolution attorneys have successfully represented clients in some of Mexico’s largest and most complex litigation and arbitration cases involving commercial and investment matters.
The international trade attorneys provide specialized consultancy of the scope and application of different matters contained in international trade agreements signed by Mexico, including the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). Our team is well-versed in international trade strategies, customs procedures, regulatory compliance, unfair trade practices, investments, government procurement and disputed resolutions mechanisms under all free trade agreements, the World Trade Organization (WTO) and bilateral investment treaties.
The firm’s understanding of cultural differences and its multilingual capabilities (fluency in English, Spanish and more than 20 other languages) enables our office to play a key role in transitioning a case through multiple jurisdictions. Our attorneys are go-to references on corporate, finance and energy-related topics. They are committed to providing superior client service and employing a practical real-world approach to all matters in order to achieve clients’ short- and long-term goals.
Holland & Knight has extensive experience in the following areas: corporate finance; structured finance; bank finance; IPOs; project finance and infrastructure; public finance; corporate, and mergers and acquisitions; antitrust; energy; real estate; telecommunications; tax; litigation and dispute resolution; labor and employment; regulatory and technical barriers to trade; international trade competition; immigration; intellectual property; and international arbitration.
Pro-Bono: As active members of welfare and charitable giving initiatives in the Latin American community, Holland and Knight supports different non-profit associations and NGOs located in Mexico, Colombia and the USA that execute various projects in a diverse range of sectors. The firm provided legal assistance to the victims of the Mexican earthquake of September 2017. The Pro Bono group advised victims with regard to lease contracts, insurance (property, health vehicular, etc.), inheritances and government economic support.
Diversity and inclusion: The firm’s Mexico City office actively supports gender equality and inclusion projects. As part of a global and firm wide initiative, during the Mexico City 2019 Pride Parade, the firm’s office worked together with the Mexico City Government and the Mexican Ministry of Tourism to hold the first edition of a “Pride Night” event at the Interactive Museum of Economics (MIDE) in Mexico City, an effort that reaffirms the firm’s commitment to support initiatives that promote LGBTQ community inclusion and equality in the country.
|Corporate, M&A and Telecommunications||Luis Rubio||Luis.Rubio@hklaw.com||+52.55.3602.8000|
|Capital markets, Real Estate||Guillermo Uribe||Guillermo.Uribe@hklaw.com||+52.55.3602.8000|
|Banking and finance, Project finance and infrastructure, Bankruptcy and Restructuring||Alejandro Landa||Alejandro.Landa@hklaw.com||+52.55.3602.8000|
|Energy and Project finance and infrastructure||Carlos Ochoa||Carlos.Ochoa@hklaw.com||+52.55.3602.8000|
|Telecommunications and M&A||Octavio Lecona||Octavio.Lecona@hklaw.com||+52.55.3602.8000|
|Capital Markets, Real Estate||Adrian Gay Lasa||Adrian.GayLasa@hklaw.com||+52.55.3602.8000|
|International trade and international arbitration||Carlos Véjar||Carlos.Vejar@hklaw.com||+52.55.3602.8000|
|Labor and employment||Leslie Palma||Leslie.Palma@hklaw.com||+52.55.3602.8000|
|M&A, Banking & Finance, Mining and Project Finance||Selene Espinosa||Selene.Espinosa@hklaw.com||+52.55.3602.8000|
|Civil, Commercial & Administrative Litigation||Daniel Jimenez||Daniel.Jimenez@hklaw.com||+52.55.3602.8000|
|Taxation, Wealth Management||Eugenio Grageda||Eugenio.Grageda@hklaw.com||+52.55.3602.8000|
|Intellectual Property, Banking & Finance||José Luis Villareal||Jose.Luis.firstname.lastname@example.org||+52.55.3602.8000|
|Ms Selene Espinosa||Senior Counsel||View Profile|
|Mr Adrián Gay Lasa||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Eugenio Grageda||Senior Counsel||View Profile|
|Mr Daniel Jimenez||Senior Counsel||View Profile|
|Mr Alejandro Landa||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Octavio Lecona||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Carlos Ochoa||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Luis Rubio Barnetche||Executive Partner – Mexico||View Profile|
|Mr Guillermo Uribe Lara||Equity Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Carlos Vejar||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr José Luis Villareal||Senior Counsel||View Profile|
Staff FiguresOther fee-earners : 20+ Total staff : 40+
LanguagesSpanish English (fluent) Dutch French
MembershipsAmCham American Chamber of Commerce International Chamber of Commerce ABA (American Bar Association)
OtherPartners : 7 Senior Counsels : 5
Holland & Knight > Firm Profile
A pioneer as a foreign firm with offices in Mexico, Thompson & Knight, S.C attorneys have represented clients in business transactions in this country for more than 25 years. We offer the legal experience and local presence necessary to deliver a comprehensive portfolio of services to our clients. Through the Firm’s offices in Mexico City and Monterrey, we counsel global US, European and international clients currently doing business, or considering doing business, in Mexico and elsewhere in Latin America.
With a parallel coordination with other Thompson & Knight, LLP offices, our distinguished group of Mexican attorneys advises national and international clients on a broad range of industries and projects, with a strong focus in the Mexican oil and gas and electricity sectors, addressing any regulatory, financing, corporate environmental, tax, or labor matters that might arise throughout the project. In addition to our strong energy practice, our attorneys in Mexico regularly assist clients from all industries with tax matters, general corporate advice, financing transactions (including workouts), M&A and capital market transactions, litigation and dispute resolution management, and implementation of maquiladora (IMEX) structures.
|Energy||Rodolfo Rueda Ballesteros||Rodolfo.Rueda@tklaw.com||+52.55.3602.0634|
|Corporate & Finance||Alejandro F. Sánchez Mújica||AlejandroF.SanchezM@tklaw.com||+52.81.8215.7755|
|Corporate & Finance||Alejandro A. Sánchez Mújica Almada||Alejandro.SanchezMujica@tklaw.com||+52.81.8215.7729|
|Tax||Miguel Ángel Rosas||Miguel.Rosas@tklaw.com||+52.55.3602.0600|
LanguagesEnglish French Portuguese Spanish
- Energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Projects and infrastructure