Mr Gregory Bopp > Bracewell LLP > Houston, United States > Lawyer Profile
Bracewell LLP Offices
711 LOUISIANA STREET
HOUSTON, TX 77002
- Go to...
Mr Gregory Bopp
Greg Bopp has served as the managing partner of Bracewell since 2016. Prior to becoming managing partner, Greg co-chaired the firm’s business and regulatory section and served numerous terms on the firm’s management committee. Greg has extensive experience in a broad range of corporate transactions, including joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions and capital markets transactions for midstream and upstream companies, including master limited partnerships (MLPs).
Greg Bopp serves as the firm’s managing partner.
J.D., magna cum laude, South Texas College of Law, 1995; B.B.A., Accounting, The University of Texas at Austin, 1989.
Working across multiple US sites, the Houston-headquartered Bracewell LLP is a strong choice for a number of high profile energy sector players seeking assistance in transactions and on complex advisory issues. Carbon capture ventures, solar and wind transactions, and renewable incentives such as federal tax credits are all key strengths for the ‘knowledgable and commercially oriented‘ team. Managing partner Gregory Bopp handles capital markets deals for midstream and upstream energy clients, including master limited partnerships, while Todd Greenwalt’s practice focuses on governmental bodies and tax-exempt organizations. In New York, tax chair Elizabeth McGinley ’s broad conventional and renewable energy sector experience is complemented by niche expertise in carbon capture projects. Austin-based Victoria Ozimek specializes in state and local government financings, including bond issuances for multifamily housing ventures. All named lawyers are based in Houston unless stated otherwise.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus > Energy litigation: conventional power
- Industry focus > Energy regulation: conventional power
- Industry focus > Energy transactions: conventional power
- Industry focus > Energy transactions: oil and gas
- Industry focus > Environment: regulatory
- Industry focus > Energy litigation: oil and gas
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Industry focus > Environment: litigation
- Industry focus > Environment: transactional
- Government > Government relations
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: transactional
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Intellectual property > Patents: prosecution (including re-examination and post-grant proceedings)
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Dispute resolution > Appellate: courts of appeals / Appellate: supreme courts (states and federal)
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Finance > Project finance