Mr Bradley Benoit > Bracewell LLP > Houston, United States > Lawyer Profile
Bracewell LLP Offices
711 LOUISIANA STREET
HOUSTON, TX 77002
- Go to...
Mr Bradley Benoit
For over 20 years, Brad Benoit has maintained a practice that serves both plaintiffs and defendants, something that sets him apart from many other litigators. This balance helps him see both sides of a case more clearly and provide his clients with a broader approach to complex commercial litigation. Following along with Bracewell’s core strengths, Brad focuses on representing clients in energy-related litigation, securities/derivative litigation, and bankruptcy-related litigation.
J.D., with highest honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 1999; B.S., Rice University, 1996
Bracewell LLP‘s team has a track record of acting for energy companies, but also represents other national and multinational corporations, mid-sized companies and small businesses, as well as individuals in contentious matters. The group has experience acting in the full life cycle of disputes, from pre-litigation negotiation through jury trial, bench trial and appeal, and also covers mediation, arbitration and other ADRs. Practice head Stephen Crain and Bradley Benoit are key contacts in energy-related disputes. Christopher Dodson ‘has an excellent courtroom presence’. Sean Gorman is also noted. All aforementioned individuals are based in Houston.
Bracewell LLP is highlighted for its ‘excellent guidance’, and is active in high-profile and complex matters in the power industry. The team represents energy companies as both plaintiffs and defendants in litigation and arbitration throughout the US and before state and federal regulatory bodies. It has extensive experience in multi-party contested proceedings, including disputes related to compensation for energy infrastructure investment. Houston-based partner Stephen Crain is the firm-wide chair of the litigation group, and Deanna King in Austin co-chairs the energy litigation practice with Andrew Zeve in Houston; Zeve is noted for his expertise in oil and gas disputes. Other key practitioners include bankruptcy expert Bradley Benoit in Houston, and Washington DC-based duo Catherine McCarthy, who chairs the firm’s energy regulatory group, and Michael Brooks, who focuses on commodities and derivatives law.
Bracewell LLP frequently handles challenging, high-stakes securities matters, including shareholder derivative suits and regulatory enforcement actions, on behalf of public and private companies, underwriters, boards of directors and individual executives and officers. Tony Visage in Houston leads the practice, which represents handles lawsuits filed in federal and state courts throughout the US and before governmental agencies. Stephen Benesh in Austin recently acted as lead trial counsel for the Bank of New York Mellon and certain of its trusts and trustees in connection with securities class action cases brought against the Bank or trusts managed by the bank. Bradley Benoit in Houston also plays a central role in the practice.
- Energy litigation: conventional power - United States > Industry focus
- General commercial disputes - United States > Dispute resolution
- Securities litigation: defense - United States > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus > Energy litigation: conventional power
- Industry focus > Energy regulation: conventional power
- Industry focus > Energy transactions: conventional power
- Industry focus > Energy transactions: oil and gas
- Industry focus > Environment: regulatory
- Industry focus > Energy litigation: oil and gas
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Industry focus > Environment: litigation
- Industry focus > Environment: transactional
- Government > Government relations
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: transactional
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Intellectual property > Patents: prosecution (including re-examination and post-grant proceedings)
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Dispute resolution > Appellate: courts of appeals / Appellate: supreme courts (states and federal)
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Finance > Project finance