Tony Hannington > Shakespeare Martineau LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shakespeare Martineau LLP Offices
NO 1 COLMORE SQUARE
- Go to...
Personal Injury (Lime)
Head of LIme Solicitors
Tony is head of our Lime division, our consumer brand dealing with personal injury and clinical negligence claims.
Tony has vast experience in dealing with accidents causing brain injury. These range from minor injuries causing small but perceptible changes in character and brain functioning, to those where there is significant cognitive deficit requiring significant assistance in dealing with day to day affairs and personal needs. He is adept in coordinating case managers, carers, professional deputies, architects in charge of house adaptations, medical experts and accountants to not only be able to secure the best settlement but also to put systems and help in place to meet the client’s needs.
Tony has a keen interest in brain injuries and studied for Headway’s Certificate in Brain Injury Studies through the University of Northampton.
He also has a wealth of experience in dealing with fatal accidents, those causing traumatic amputation of limbs or causing injury sadly requiring amputation as part of treatment. In such cases Tony understands the significant impact on daily life and regularly liaises with specialist prosthetic supply organisations on behalf of his clients as part of the claims process.
Tony graduated from Nottingham University and the Chester College of Law. He undertook his training at the firm and following 25 years’ of service now oversees Lime Solicitors.
At Shakespeare Martineau LLP, Ravinder Johal leads the department that is well-placed to advise on a variety of high-value catastrophic injury claims from defending employer and motor liability claims to property and employer liability claims. Johal represents various insurers, companies, public sector organisations and self-insureds. Tony Hannington deals with numerous accident claims ranging from relatively low value industrial disease claims to defending catastrophic injury claims arising from motor, employers and liability insurance policies.
At Shakespeare Martineau LLP, practice head Tony Hannington ‘combines decades of experience with first-rate client care skills’. Hannington regularly deals with various catastrophic injury and fatal accidents claims.
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant - West Midlands > Insurance
- Firms to watch - West Midlands > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Private client > Family: Birmingham
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Social housing
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Private client > Family: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant