Alex Smith > Shakespeare Martineau LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shakespeare Martineau LLP Offices
WATERFRONT PLAZA, 35 STATION STREET
35 Station Street
- Go to...
Partner & Managing Director
Alex takes a pragmatic commercial approach with clients and their stakeholders to ensure they achieve their development goals.
Alex leads our construction and engineering team, advising developers, funds and occupiers on the construction documents associated with commercial, residential, healthcare, logistics, office and retail schemes across the UK.
Alex is experienced in negotiating JCT, NEC and bespoke forms of contract together with appointments, warranties, bonds and guarantees.
“Our clients face daily challenges. By working closely with our clients, their consultants and my development team colleagues, we ensure the provision of a complete and cost effective client solution.”
- COVID-19 and the impact on the construction industry
- Construction team builds on its offering with new partner
- MIPIM 2019 Day three – Our team reflect on MIPIM 2019!
Alex’s SHMA® ON DEMAND content
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The core of Shakespeare Martineau LLP‘s practice is its work with developers, which it assists with all stages of projects from initial inception through to completion. The group also handles disputes, representing clients in the Technology & Construction Court as well as mediations. In Nottingham, Alex Smith leads the team and focuses on the healthcare, commercial, build-to-rent and student accommodation sectors. Legal director Jayne Meakin, who focuses on advising developers on JCT design and build procurements, arrived from Freeths LLP in November 2020.
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > Real estate > Construction
- Construction - East Midlands > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence