Alex Smith > Shakespeare Martineau LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shakespeare Martineau LLP Offices
WATERFRONT PLAZA, 35 STATION STREET
35 Station Street
- Go to...
Partner & Managing Director
Alex takes a pragmatic commercial approach with clients and their stakeholders to ensure they achieve their development goals.
Alex leads our construction and engineering team, advising developers, funds and occupiers on the construction documents associated with commercial, residential, healthcare, logistics, office and retail schemes across the UK.
Alex is experienced in negotiating JCT, NEC and bespoke forms of contract together with appointments, warranties, bonds and guarantees.
“Our clients face daily challenges. By working closely with our clients, their consultants and my development team colleagues, we ensure the provision of a complete and cost effective client solution.”
- COVID-19 and the impact on the construction industry
- Construction team builds on its offering with new partner
- MIPIM 2019 Day three – Our team reflect on MIPIM 2019!
Alex’s SHMA® ON DEMAND content
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Based in Nottingham, Shakespeare Martineau LLP predominantly advises developers on all aspects of construction projects. The team’s further expertise includes handling disputes before the TCC and through mediation and arbitration. Alex Smith specialises in drafting all forms of construction documents, including standard and bespoke forms of contract, collateral warranties and parent company guarantees, with a particular focus on the healthcare and higher education sectors. Brendan Walsh has notable expertise in large-scale real estate projects, including renewable energy and regeneration initiatives.
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > Real estate > Construction
- Construction - East Midlands > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence