Oliver Crichton > Birketts LLP > Ipswich, England > Lawyer Profile
Birketts LLP Offices
141-145 Princes Street
- Go to...
Oliver joined Birketts in January 2012 and is a Partner in the Commercial Property department in our Ipswich office. He is experienced in dealing with all aspects of commercial property work to include freehold and leasehold acquisitions and disposals, landlord and tenant, property finance and corporate support. Oliver has particular expertise in the area of pension funds investing in commercial property and runs a highly successful team acting for some of the country’s largest SIPP and SSAS providers.
Before joining Birketts, Oliver was Director of Property with a leading provider of self invested personal pensions where he led a department of 30 people dealing with the acquisition of over 300 properties each year and the management of a book in excess of 2,500 properties.
Oliver began his career in private practice where he trained and subsequently worked for a regional law firm for four years.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Commercial property lawyers in the Ipswich office of Birketts LLP are ‘willing to go that extra mile and explain legislation to us numerous times‘. Whether in strategic land matters, portfolio management, commercial and residential development, or transactions for utilities, the firm has one of the deepest practices in the region. Chris Schwer, who has particular expertise acting for housebuilders and developers advising on collaboration arrangements, joint ventures, options and promotion agreements. and Stephen Sumpton, who acts for investors, developers and major corporate occupiers, lead the practice. The ‘cool calm and collected‘ Oliver Crichton handles a leading property pension’s lawyer, while Stuart Raven frequently deals with the sale and purchase of large investment properties, high-value leases and commercial development projects. Up-and-coming partner Vicki Chilton, legal director Julie Hoy and senior associate Amanda Timcke also play key roles in the practice.
- Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia - East Anglia > Real estate
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Transport > Transport and shipping