Alastair Govier > Thrings LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Thrings LLP Offices
- Go to...
Commercial litigation and dispute resolution.
Leads the Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution team at Thrings. His practice includes commercial and corporate disputes, professional negligence, fraud and asset tracing and insurance, with particular specialisms in pensions and financial services related claims. He has experience of cases in all the UK’s courts as well as ADR, arbitrations, multi-jurisdictional disputes, and proceedings before the various UK Ombudsmen. Experience of obtaining at short notice, and enforcing, freezing injunctions and disclosure orders.
Nabarro Nathanson, London (1993-2006); Thrings, Bristol (2006-present).
Law Society; Association of Pension Lawyers.
Exeter School, Exeter; University of Birmingham (BA Hons 2(1)); College of Law, Guildford.
Cycling and football.
Thrings LLP’s dispute resolution practice is divided into distinct specialist sub-teams, which work closely with their non-contentious counterparts to handle a broad range of commercial disputes. Notable areas of expertise include financial services and pension litigation, IP and data work, shareholder disputes, insolvency matters, real estate litigation and agriculture claims. The practice is jointly led by Alastair Govier and Mark Cullingford, who handle financial disputes and insolvency issues respectively. Russell Reeves and Rob James are the key names for agricultural disputes, and Rosalyn Trotman focuses on planning litigation.
With offices across the South West in Bristol, Bath, Swindon and Romsey, Thrings LLP has been increasingly involved in construction matters in the renewables and sustainability sectors alongside its strengths in commercial and residential developments as well as real estate finance projects. Practice head Natalia Sokolov leads the team and is well versed across the whole range of non-contentious construction work, including drafting and negotiating contracts, providing construction due diligence in disposals, corporate transactions and real estate acquisitions. Alastair Govier handles disputes resolution matters. Steve McCombe retired in October 2021.
- Commercial litigation: Bristol - South West > Dispute resolution
- Construction - South West > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Real estate > Environment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
- Private client > Family
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Real estate > Planning