Mr Shin Ushijima > Ushijima & Partners > Tokyo, Japan > Lawyer Profile
Ushijima & Partners Offices
SANNO PARK TOWER 12F (RECEPTION)/14F
11-1, NAGATACHO 2-CHOME, CHIYODA-KU
- Go to...
Mr Shin Ushijima
General Corporate; Corporate Governance; Compliance; M&A; Hostile Takeover; Business Succession; Litigation Arbitration; Crisis Management / Handling of Misdoings; System Development; Information Management / Cyber Security; Personal Information / Utilization of Personal Data; Intellectual Property; Internet / Media; Entertainmental Law; Government Contracts; Asia Practices; Labor/Employment; Tax; Real Estate; Environmental Law; Financial Regulations; Finance/Securitization; Restructuring/Insolvency; Insurance; Antitrust; Startup Business Support
Public Prosecutor, Tokyo District Public Prosecutors Office (1977); Public Prosecutor, Hiroshima District Public Prosecutors Office (1978); Admitted in Japan (1979); Anderson, Mori & Rabinowitz (1979-1985); Established Ushijima & Associates (1985)
- Director of Hokuetsu Kishu Paper Co., LTD. (June 2015 through June 2017)
- Director of Nippon Life Insurance Company (July 2007-)
- Chairman of the Supervisory Committee of Nippon Life Insurance Company (January 2007 through July 2012)
- Statutory Auditor of Shochiku Co., Ltd. (May 2011-)
- Member of the Compliance Committee of Shochiku Co., Ltd. (May 2004 through December 2009)
- Statutory Auditor of Asahi Kogyosha Co, Ltd.
- Director of ASATSU-DK INC. (March 2014 through March 2015)
- Director of Avex Group Holdings Inc. (September 2004 through June 2010)
- Member of the Compliance Committee of Avex Group Holdings Inc. (June 2007 through June 2010)
- Member of the Advisory Committee of Hokuetsu Kishu Paper Co., Ltd. (June 2007 through June 2012)
- Supervisory Committee Member of UFJ Banking Limited (October 2004 through December 2005)
- Chairman of the Management Supervisory Committee of ShinGinko Tokyo, Limited (June 2008 through June 2011)
- Member of the Supervision and Compliance Committee of Sompo Japan Insurance Inc. (August 2006 through July 2010)
- Statutory Auditor of the Ladies Professional Golfers’ Association of Japan (JLPGA)
- Statutory Auditor of the Association for Real Estate Securitization
- Mediator in Tomonoura UNESCO World Heritage Candidate Site dispute, appointed by the Hiroshima Prefectural Governor (February 2010 through February 2012)
Dai-ni Tokyo Bar Association (1979); Chairman of Foreign Lawyers Committee of Japan Federation of Bar Associations (June 2005 through May 2011); Representative Director/President of Japan Corporate Governance Network; Special Adviser to The Value Creation Forum for The 21st Century; Arbitrator, the Japan Commercial Arbitration Association (JCAA); Member, Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA); Member, Japanese American Society for Legal Studies; OB Former Member, Legal Consulting Association (Houritsu-Sodan-sho) in the University of Tokyo
The University of Tokyo (LL.B., 1975)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals: Bengoshi)
Experienced in acting for auditors and individuals, Ushijima & Partners also has expertise in domestic disputes arising from construction, soil contamination and systems development. In addition, the firm is increasingly active in international matters, particularly in relation to inheritance disputes and business litigation. Corporate control specialist Shin Ushijima is known for disputes inside and outside of Japan, in particular, litigation and arbitration across international transactions, M&A, anti-monopoly, labour, and tax. He co-leads the team with Osamu Inoue, who is well known for real estate and construction-related cases and transactions, notably representing foreign companies.
Ushijima & Partners specialises in cross-border mandates, notably outbound M&A, and the defence of hostile takeovers. The firm is experienced acting for manufacturers and real estate developers, as well as foreign corporations and foreign financial institutions making investments in Japan. Shin Ushijima’s areas of expertise include international transactions, M&A, dispute resolution and anti-monopoly law, on the international and domestic scenes. He also has particular experience in hostile takeover defences and co-leads the team with Hiroshi Watanabe, whose practice covers M&A transactions and dispute resolutions, specialising in litigation relating to business acquisitions.
- Leading individuals: Bengoshi - Japan > Dispute resolution: Independent local firms
- Corporate and M&A: Independent local firms - Japan
- Dispute resolution: Independent local firms - Japan