Gurvinder Samra > Shoosmiths LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
2 COLMORE SQUARE
38 COLMORE CIRCUS QUEENSWAY
- Go to...
Guv is a solicitor specialising in assisting parents of children and young people with special educational needs.
Her team secures the provision of services to be funded by local authorities for children and young adults with additional needs by way of EHC plans. The types of services that the education team is able to secure for the children and young people that they represent include therapies such as physiotherapy, 1:1 teaching assistance and specialist placements.
Guv has regularly secured independent specialist placements worth over £70,000 a year at the local authorities’ expense by way of SEND appeal and through pre appeal negotiations.
Guv conducts seminars informing parents of their legal rights in respect of EHC plans and how they can enforce them.
She has links to local charities whom she regularly visits to assist parents of children with SEN. Guv regularly works with personal injury and clinical negligence solicitors, court of protection deputies and case managers, where, she is instructed on SEND appeals and pre appeal work achieving favourable outcomes within agreed fee budgets.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
- Next Generation Partners - West Midlands > Public sector > Education
- Education - West Midlands > Public sector
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Social housing
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant