Ben Turner > Shoosmiths LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
2 COLMORE SQUARE
38 COLMORE CIRCUS QUEENSWAY
- Go to...
Ben has over 20 years’ experience of corporate transactional and advisory work, specialising in M&A (buy-side and sell-side); PE transactions; restructurings; and fundraisings with a particular focus on Germany, the Nordics and the USA. He is regarded as an excellent contributor at board level and praised by clients for his hands-on approach to delivering complex transactions smoothly and within budget. He has particular expertise in technology, retail, manufacturing, real estate and transport and advises large corporates (including several PE-backed corporates), high growth businesses and entrepreneurs across these and other sectors.
Recent highlights include:
- advising German industrials group, Titgemeyer GmbH, on its acquisition of manufacturing business Cirteq;
- advising AIM listed transport solutions operator, Rotala plc, on an acquisition and associated placing;
- advising Border Holdings on a strategic acquisition in the UK;
- advising Midlands based PE houses, GPE Capital Partners and GIL Investments, on a series of acquisitions, investments and divestments;
- various professional services business including;
- acting for the shareholders of Valpak Holdings Limited on its sale to Reconomy.
Ben heads the Corporate team in the Midlands and is responsible for the management and strategy of our teams in both Birmingham and Nottingham.
He is praised by clients as someone who “gets things done” and who builds “strong relationships with clients”.
Ben joined Shoosmiths as a partner in 2013, having previously been a partner at boutique corporate practice Hill Hofstetter (formerly part of Reed Smith).
Norwich School; Reading University (1996 – BA (Hons) History); College of Law, Guildford (CPEILPC with distinction).
Rugby, golf, cinema, famiy.
At Shoosmiths LLP, the workload is ‘characterised by an extremely high degree of diligence, client orientation and speed’ and is centred around three key pillars – M&A, venture capital and private equity. Ben Turner, ‘an exceptional M&A lawyer’, heads the department and directs particular attention to the German, Nordic and US markets. He is supported in Birmingham by Alastair Peet, who heads the national venture capital practice group and routinely supports venture and growth capital companies and investors on their exit, scaling and funding-related activities. Daniel Shilvock recently joined from Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP, significantly bolstering the group’s private equity offering while Alistair Hammerton garners recurring client praise for his ‘vast knowledge of venture capital‘. Beyond partner-level, principal associate Georgina Rennie is a ‘trustworthy advisor for M&A transactions‘.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family: Birmingham
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Public sector > Education
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Social housing
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant