Matthew Cole > Prettys Solicitors LLP > Ipswich, England > Lawyer Profile
Prettys Solicitors LLP Offices
St Vincent House
1 Cutler Street
- Go to...
Employment and Data Protection
Partner and Head of Commercial Services
Matthew Cole has been at Prettys for more than 25 years, and a partner since 2002. He splits his time between providing employment law advice and data protection advice.
Matthew was recognised as a Leading Individual in the Legal 500 UK 2024 edition.
Matthew is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and International Bar Association and has contributed the UK chapters of the American Bar Association’s Global Guide to Restrictive Covenants and Trade Secrets in Employment Law. He is also a member of the Corporation at Suffolk New College.
Prettys Solicitors LLP in Ipswich provides corporate, commercial and property advice to clients in the haulage, distribution and intermodal sectors. Practice head Ian Waine acted for Maritime Transport Ltd in a multimillion-pound development agreement for the lease of the 6.8 hectare Intermodal Rail Freight Terminal at Segro Logistics Park, Northampton Gateway. Matthew Cole provides transport sector clients with employment advice, while corporate partner Daniel Billson handles a broad range of issues, including the sales and acquisitions of businesses.
Prettys Solicitors LLP‘s Ipswich team has a growing roster of high-calibre clients and matters of increasing value in its gamut. ‘Realistic, honest and trustworthy’ practice head Matthew Cole acts for some of East Anglia’s largest employers within the region, as well as both national and overseas companies and ‘offers great solutions’ therein. Vanessa Bell acts for a wide-range of clients in both East Anglia and London, among them, Call Assist and Chelmsford City Council. Senior associate Sheilah Cummins has a particular interest in the ecclesiastical sector. Bell and Cummins are both noted as ‘taking the time to get to know their clients and provide an outstanding service’.
- Leading individuals East Anglia > Employment > Employment
- Employment East Anglia > Employment
- Transport and shipping East Anglia > Transport
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Transport > Transport and shipping
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Construction
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant