George Clough > Payne Hicks Beach LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Payne Hicks Beach LLP Offices
10 NEW SQUARE
- Go to...
George is an Associate in the Employment department.
George has experience assisting on a broad range of employment law issues, including, on the non-litigious side, preparing and advising on contracts of employment and employment policies, advising employers on TUPE and redundancy processes and both employers and employees on contractual and statutory obligations.
On the litigious side, his particular focus is on assisting employees with grievance and disciplinary proceedings and advising on unfair dismissal and whistleblowing claims with a particular focus on health, professional conduct, regulatory and reputational issues. He also advises on often complex discrimination cases including disability and sex discrimination issues and equal pay claims. He has dealt with complex preliminary matters such as questions over jurisdiction, employer identity, worker and immigration status.
George has experience supporting individual clients at all levels of seniority, including at the most senior level, especially in the finance and banking sector. This has included assisting in complex Employment Tribunal litigation as well as negotiating settlement agreements.
George assisted in the high profile case of Ramchandani v Citibank in 2019 where Peter McRoberts represented Rohan Ramchandani, a former Citibank forex trader, who succeeded in his unfair dismissal claim. He also assisted in the well reported case of Richard Bowley v Rio Tinto involving whistleblowing claims against Rio Tinto regarding the Oyu Tolgoi mine in Mongolia. He has acted in multiple cases where his clients have succeeded in recovering sums in excess of £1,000,000.
George also has experience of defending claims on behalf of employers including for unlawful deductions from wages, unfair dismissal and various forms of discrimination.
George trained at Payne Hicks Beach from 2019-2021 before qualifying into the firm in September 2021.
George is a member of the Employment Lawyer’s Association.
George completed the GDL and the LPC (with a distinction) at BBP University. Prior to that he graduated from Kings College London with a upper second class degree in History at undergraduate.
George lives in West Sussex and is passionate about rural communities and sports, and environmental and conservation issues.
George enjoys watching rugby and cricket and enjoys cooking.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Employment > Senior executives
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)