Mr Adam Flacks > LK Law LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
LK Law LLP Offices
33 Black Friars Lane
- Go to...
Mr Adam Flacks
Banking, Litigation, Insolvency, Civil Fraud, Arbitration
Expertise and Practice
Adam Flacks is experienced in commercial litigation and related investigations, and in particular, proceedings arising from acts of corporate fraud.
Adam’s experience includes:
- Al Gosaibi Family & Group (AHAB)
Represented AHAB in their claim against Mr Maan Al Sanea and his Saad Group concerning his role in an alleged fraud resulting in losses of over US$9 billion. Adam’s role included working with forensic accountants, general counsel and local lawyers in Saudi Arabia, the Cayman Islands and other jurisdictions to substantiate the fraud and recover funds. Adam spent a significant amount of time in Saudi Arabia and the Cayman Islands before and during the 12 month trial in the Cayman Islands in 2016/2017.
- BNP Paribas v Anchorage Capital Group LLP and Others
Represented Anchorage Capital Group in a jurisdictional challenge and anti-suit injunction relating to a multi-million pound dispute with BNP Paribas ( EWHC 3073 (Comm)).
- Represented a sportsman faced with allegations of the use of banned substances in proceedings before the United Kingdom’s National Anti-Doping Panel.
Adam joined LK in 2014 after completing his training contract at Stewarts Law.
- Member, AIJA (International Association of Young Lawyers) – Adam moderated a panel discussion titled ‘Commercial Liability deriving from private corruption’ (Recife, Brazil, March 2018)
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), Lancaster University (2006)
Acting primarily for high-net-worth individuals, corporate groups, and government agencies, LK Law LLP‘s dispute team oversees complex and international fraud disputes. The firm often engages in work involving global asset recovery strategies, disclosure orders, and obtaining freezing orders. Andrew Ford leads the department with his expertise in matters concerning banking transactions and derivatives. Elsewhere, Caroline Phipps and associate Adam Flacks are strategically placed to handle civil fraud and corporate fraud matters, respectively.