Richard Dawson-Gerrard > Mills & Reeve LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
No.1 Circle Square
3 Symphony Park
- Go to...
Regulatory, public and commercial disputes.
Richard has extensive and broad experience in all aspects of commercial dispute resolution. He is a CEDR accredited mediator. His focus is on understanding clients and their needs to put together strategies that get the necessary result.
Trained DLA; qualified 1995; associate DLA 1993-2003; partner Keoghs 2003-06; partner Stephensons 2006-11; partner George Davies Solicitors LLP 2011-13; partner Mills & Reeves LLP 2013 to date.
Nottingham University (1992 LLB Law); Chester Law School (1993 LPC).
Restoration and racing classic cars.
Mills & Reeve LLP handles a full range of contractual and corporate litigation with particular experience in food, agribusiness, sport, charity and private wealth disputes. Richard Dawson-Gerrard, who is popular among food, agribusiness and pharmaceuticals clients, and Simon Pedley, who is experienced in the sports and charity sectors, jointly lead the practice. The group frequently handles cross-border work, with particular experience in German disputes, for which principal associate Sandra Morrison (who is dual-qualified in England and Germany) is the key contact.
Mills & Reeve LLP handles defamation, privacy and media dispute work on behalf of a range of well-known individual sports people, and celebrities. It also counts corporate and insurance sector companies as clients. Matters include libel, slander, ‘right to be forgotten’ claims, and social media monitoring. The team is overseen by commercial disputes head Richard Dawson-Gerrard, who is focused on crisis management, and principal associate Rachael Somerset, a specialist in reputation management work with a high-profile portfolio of primarily sporting clients, alongside charities and public sector organisations.
- Media and entertainment - North West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Commercial litigation: Manchester - North West > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Public sector > Education
- Public sector > Health
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Construction
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery