Mike Busby > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > Guildford, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
31 CHERTSEY STREET
- Go to...
Real estate, banking and finance.
Partner in the Guildford office of the real estate division specialising in all aspects of non-contentious, high value landlord and tenant work; pre-let agreements; freehold and leasehold acquisitions and disposals; hotel purchases and disposals, including development agreements; care home developments; secured lending and residential development work. A member of the hotel and leisure sector group, Mike has recently advised on two plus £150 million GDV developments. He acts for Flight Centre (UK) Limited (on all their UK acquisitions and disposals), various hotel entrepreneurs/brands; Burhill Group Limited and Galleon Care Homes Ltd.
Trained Penningtons, 2003; qualified 2005; associate 2009; partner 2012.
Shebbear College; University of Southampton (2001 BA Hons 2(1) archaeology and history); College of Law, Guildford (2002 postgraduate Diploma in Law, commendation; 2003 LPC, commendation).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP attracts regional and national clients thanks to its end-to-end expertise that includes planning, construction, property litigation and finance. It also has an impressive range of panel appointments. The range of work encompasses developments including social housing, student accommodation, retail, leisure and industrial projects as well as high-value landlord and tenant work. The ‘outstanding‘ Mike Busby leads the team and senior associate Sam Davies is also highlighted for his client-centric approach.
- Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex - South East > Real estate
- Leading individuals - South East > Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Public sector > Education
- Human resources > Employment: Hampshire
- Human resources > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Human resources > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Environment
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate