Paul Mander > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
125 WOOD STREET
- Go to...
Paul is head of the firm’s 40-lawyer employment team. He advises on a broad range of contentious and non-contentious employment and partnership matters and is recognised, in particular, for his expertise in restrictive covenant and injunction issues. Paul is experienced in all forms of employment litigation, both in the High Court and tribunals, as well as boardroom disputes, discrimination (in employment and partnership), TUPE matters and outsourcings. He works for a wide range of private sector employers, from a major fast food retailer to financial institutions and also acts for senior employees, including partners, founders and FTSE C-suite executives.
Trained BLP; partner 1996; partner Dawsons 2010; partner Penningtons Solicitors LLP 2011.
Employment Lawyers’ Association.
Monmouth School; LSE.
Combining ‘candid, practical advice with a client-focused attitude and good ethos’, Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP covers contentious matters as well as advice on complex remuneration packages and negotiations with employers. The firm advises top-tier senior executives, representing chairpersons, managing directors, finance directors, founders, CEOs and premier league football coaches and managers. Paul Mander leads the team which includes senior associates Sarah Mant, who handles all matters arising prior to, during and beyond the end of the employment relationship; and Hester Jewitt, who is ‘truly a stand out professional’.
At Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP, Paul Mander leverages over 30 years’ experience in contentious and non-contentious employment and partnership matters. Recognised for his expertise in boardroom disputes, employment status issues and restrictive covenants/injunctions, he is sought after by a range of employers, from financial institutions through to e-commerce operators. Elsewhere, Andrew Haywood has a strong sports-side focus and often advises on misuse of confidential information, social media and competitive moves. Nick Humphreys is the key contact for international and maritime aspects of employment law.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Court of protection
- Employment > Employees/unions
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Transport > Travel
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Employment > Senior executives
- Transport > Shipping
- Finance > Trade finance
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Insurance > Product liability: defendant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Social housing: local authorities and registered providers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Real estate > Property litigation