Warren Collins > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
125 WOOD STREET
- Go to...
Personal injury, clinical negligence.
Warren is a leading personal injury practitioner with more than 25 years’ experience of handling catastrophic personal injury and fatal accident claims arising from UK and overseas accidents. He is involved in personal injury and medical malpractice litigation throughout the world and has conducted claims across Europe, Asia, the Far East, Australia, USA and the Caribbean. Warren received an award from UKABIF for inspiration in brain injury. He won the Spinal Injuries Association’s Excellence in Legal Care Award, 2015 and was also named as ‘Claimant Personal Injury Lawyer of the Year’ at the Eclipse Proclaim Personal Injury Awards 2013.
Trainee and assistant solicitor Curry Ch Hausmann Popeck 1988-93; partner and head of personal injury Glenisters 1993-96; partner Russell Jones and Walker 1996-2002; partner and national head of PI Alexander Harris 2002-06; partner DAC 2006-12; partner Simpson Millar LLP 2012-14; partner Penningtons Manches 2014.
Member of and Chief Assessor for the Law Society’s Personal Injury Panel; past national co-ordinator of the Spinal Cord Injury Special Interest Group to Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL); member APIL’s panels of spinal cord injury and brain injury experts. Member American Association for Justice (AAJ), formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. Founding member and immediate past co-chair AAJ’s Spinal Cord Injury Litigation Group and current secretary of AAJ’s International Practice Section. The only UK solicitor member of The Melvin Belli Society of pre-eminent personal injury lawyers of America and the National Crime Victim Bar Association of America.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
At Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP, highly regarded team lead Warren Collins ‘drives cases forward to excellent outcomes‘, focusing particularly on traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, amputations and wrongful death cases on behalf of claimants from both the UK and USA. Another key senior figure in the group is Tristan Hallam, who has been instructed by one of the firm’s core clients, the Police Federation, for over 23 years. Hallam works closely with recommended associate, Renee Wright. The offering is singled out by one client for its ‘open and collaborative approach‘.
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP has a ‘broad range of knowledge‘ in travel litigation, with a varied caseload covering road traffic accident claims as well as cases involving incidents which occurred while on holiday or working abroad. The ‘very knowledgeable‘ Mark Lee heads the practice and is experienced in advising on catastrophic injury claims, including those concerning complex and traumatic brain injuries. Lee has handled cases in multiple jurisdictions, but is particularly well known for his expertise in claims involving Spain, and is a fluent Spanish speaker. Warren Collins has a similar background but has a greater focus on claims involving the US.
- Hall of Fame - London > Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Leading individuals - London > Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Personal injury: claimant - London > Insurance
- Travel - London > Transport
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Court of protection
- Employment > Employees/unions
- Private client > Family
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Employment > Senior executives
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Transport > Shipping
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Insurance > Product liability: defendant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Employment > Employers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Immigration
- Transport > Travel