Rachel Bradley > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > Cambridge, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
- Go to...
Commercial, IP and IT
Partner in the commercial, IP and IT team, with a particular specialism in the life sciences and publishing sectors.Advises clients on a broad range of non-contentious IP matters, including drafting and negotiating trade mark licences, patent and know-how licences, copyright licences, and software licences.
Her practice focuses in particular on advising biotech/pharmaceutical clients on commercial agreements such as confidentiality agreements, consultancy agreements, master services agreements, material transfer agreements, manufacturing agreements and clinical trial agreements, and on advising publishing clients on author publishing agreements, site licence agreements, and other book/journal publishing agreements.
Worked as an associate in a technology and commerce team at another leading law firm and as corporate counsel for a pharmaceutical company before joining Penningtons Manches Cooper in 2015. Appointed partner 2019.
Fluent French speaker
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP has a cross-office biotechnology practice with a significant presence in Cambridge, where commercial IP specialist Rachel Bradley is the lead partner. Her in-house experience at a large pharmaceutical company is a major advantage in the firm’s work on commercial agreements for biotechnology companies, which includes complex collaboration agreements. The firm frequently acts for funders and universities in spinouts from academic research groups. Employment partner Hilary Aldred and corporate partner Ross McNaughton, who works in Cambridge and San Francisco, also play key roles.
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP has a strong commercial IP and life sciences practice in Cambridge. Partner Rachel Bradley is co-head of the practice, which is also led from the firm’s Oxford and London offices. Bradley has specific experience in the life sciences sector, though her broad experience includes the technology sectors and publishing sectors, and she is frequently seconded to a not-for-profit scientific publishing organisation. Associate Natasha Bowyer Irvine joined from Taylor Vinters.
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Next Generation Partners - East Anglia > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Biotechnology
- Biotechnology - East Anglia > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Intellectual property - East Anglia > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Biotechnology
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Public sector > Public sector