Grant Johnson > Lindsays > Dundee, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
SEABRAES, 18 GREENMARKET
- Go to...
An experienced Private Client Partner who joined RSB Lindsays in 2015. He specialises in advising a wide range of individuals and families in relation to Wills, Trusts, Executries, Inheritance Tax Planning, and issues affecting elderly clients such as Powers of Attorney and Guardianships.
Grant is also experienced in advising charitable organisations and individuals regarding regulatory requirements. He acts in the setting up and on-going administration of a number of charitable and non-charitable Trusts.
Trained at Thorntons Law LLP from June 2003, qualifying in June 2005and became a partner in Thorntons’ Private Client Department in 2013.
Full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
University of Dundee – MA (1996), LLB (2002) and Diploma in Legal Practice (2003)
Scotland > Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
The ‘commercial but compassionate‘ practice at Lindsays acts for executors in the administration and winding-up of estates in matters that involve elements such as assets held in multiple jurisdictions, liferent trusts and deaths intestate, and has further expertise handling succession planning to mitigate inheritance tax or capital gains tax. The team also has specialist expertise handling contentious matters relating to the validity and interpretations of wills, and regularly acts for vulnerable clients in matters pertaining to the Adults with Incapacity (Scotland) Act, either in a guardianship capacity or through being appointed Power of Attorney. Grant Johnson leads the private client team while ‘legal encyclopaedia’ Sandy Lamb has considerable experience establishing, managing and winding up trusts.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Human resources > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation