Gavin Buchan > Lindsays > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
19A CANNING STREET
- Go to...
Banking and Finance, Commercial Property
Gavin is a Banking Partner within the Commercial department based in Edinburgh.
He is a banking expert with experience of advising both borrowers and lenders in relation to general corporate and commercial banking transactions, bridging finance, renewables finance, rural/agri finance, acquisition finance, social housing finance, healthcare finance, private banking and corporate restructurings. He regularly provides Scots law advice in relation to cross border transactions.
Gavin has a particular specialism in all aspects of real estate finance work with considerable knowledge of dealing with both investment and development finance transactions.
2000-2002 – Davidson Chalmers LLP – Trainee solicitor; 2002-2004 – Shepherd & Wedderburn LLP – Assistant, Real Estate; 2004-2016 – Maclay Murray & Spens LLP – Associate, Banking & Finance; 2016-to date – Lindsays – Partner
Law Society of Scotland
1994-1998 – University of Dundee – LLB (Hons)
1998-1999 – University of Glasgow – Diploma in Legal Practice
Lindsays handles referral work from UK and international firms, acting for both lenders and borrowers on a range of transactional matters. It has recently been dealing with Covid-19-related banking matters and is also experienced in development finance, corporate banking and cross-border mandates. Practice head Gavin Buchan specialises in property finance work.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Employment > Employment