Brent Haywood > Lindsays > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
19A CANNING STREET
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Dispute Resolution and Litigation
Brent is a seasoned Solicitor Advocate and Accredited Mediator. He has more than 25 years’ experience in handling disputes in a wide range of commercial and administrative law matters. His portfolio of cases has ranged from multi-party product liability actions through to cross border Intellectual Property cases. Recently he lead a team that negotiated a settlement under the Crown’s self-reporting initiative in a sizeable anti-bribery case. He acted at various stages of the Rangers Football Club Administration.
Bringing a wealth of experience and insight into any situation, Brent has a proven track record in all forms of commercial disputes, ranging from contractual and company disputes, pensions, procurement challenges and regulatory matters. Brent also has a lot of experience in handling cross border matters and pre-action processes, such as Scottish Dawn Raids. He is known for his straightforward talking.
Solicitor Advocate and Accredited Mediator
Scotland > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
Lindsays is capable in the full gamut of sports law matters, ranging from high-profile disputes and disciplinary proceedings to investment transactions. Douglas Roberts is a seasoned commercial advisor, reputed for his ‘first-class advice‘ in various contractual engagements related to sponsorship, broadcasting, ticketing, and merchandising. Brent Haywood ‘s disputes focus encompasses defamation and reputational risk cases. All named lawyers are based in Edinburgh.
Scotland > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
Bolstered by its strong rural practice, Lindsays has seen an increase in instructions across the agricultural sector, as well as sport and transportation. The group handles contentious commercial contracts, shareholder disputes and regulatory work for SME clients and religious organisations. John Bett leads the team from Glasgow, which is made up of accredited mediator Brent Haywood, and senior associates Gregor MacEwan and Brian Pollock in Glasgow.
- Sport - Scotland > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Commercial litigation - Scotland > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Employment > Employment