Brent Haywood > Lindsays > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
19A CANNING STREET
- Go to...
Dispute Resolution and Litigation
Brent is a seasoned Solicitor Advocate and Accredited Mediator. He has more than 25 years’ experience in handling disputes in a wide range of commercial and administrative law matters. His portfolio of cases has ranged from multi-party product liability actions through to cross border Intellectual Property cases. Recently he lead a team that negotiated a settlement under the Crown’s self-reporting initiative in a sizeable anti-bribery case. He acted at various stages of the Rangers Football Club Administration.
Bringing a wealth of experience and insight into any situation, Brent has a proven track record in all forms of commercial disputes, ranging from contractual and company disputes, pensions, procurement challenges and regulatory matters. Brent also has a lot of experience in handling cross border matters and pre-action processes, such as Scottish Dawn Raids. He is known for his straightforward talking.
Solicitor Advocate and Accredited Mediator
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Lindsays has a track record of acting for rugby, cricket, golf and bowling clubs on incorporation and corporate governance mandates. Douglas Roberts, an expert in sporting-related contracts, leads the practice, which includes Brent Haywood, a sports disputes specialist. The team is also well-versed in sponsorship matters and also supports governing bodies, coaches and famous athletes on a range of issues. The team has also recently by instructed by a number of football supporters clubs.
- Leading individuals - Scotland > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Sport - Scotland > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Property litigation