Brent Haywood > Lindsays > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
19A CANNING STREET
- Go to...
Dispute Resolution and Litigation
Brent is a seasoned Solicitor Advocate and Accredited Mediator. He has more than 25 years’ experience in handling disputes in a wide range of commercial and administrative law matters. His portfolio of cases has ranged from multi-party product liability actions through to cross border Intellectual Property cases. Recently he lead a team that negotiated a settlement under the Crown’s self-reporting initiative in a sizeable anti-bribery case. He acted at various stages of the Rangers Football Club Administration.
Bringing a wealth of experience and insight into any situation, Brent has a proven track record in all forms of commercial disputes, ranging from contractual and company disputes, pensions, procurement challenges and regulatory matters. Brent also has a lot of experience in handling cross border matters and pre-action processes, such as Scottish Dawn Raids. He is known for his straightforward talking.
Solicitor Advocate and Accredited Mediator
Scotland > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport(Leading individuals)
Lindsays frequently carries out governance reviews for sporting clubs, while also advising athletes, coaches and football players on a range of matters. The practice also provides legal advice to scottishathletics and its board on an exclusive basis. Solicitor advocate Brent Haywood handles high value, contentious disputes, including defending Rangers chairman Dave King against action taken by the Takeover Panel in relation to his acquisition of shares in the football club.
- Leading individuals - Scotland > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Sport - Scotland > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Human resources > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation