David Wood > Lindsays > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
19A CANNING STREET
- Go to...
Corporate, technology and education.
David is a partner and head of the corporate and technology group. He specialises in corporate sales, mergers and acquisitions, MBO’s, joint ventures, investments, fund raisings and all types of general commercial and contractual arrangements. He regularly gets involved in establishing corporate joint ventures, as well as significant collaborative partnerships, strategic commercial projects and documenting and negotiating shareholder agreements.
David also advises in relation to non-contentious IP and IT matters with an emphasis on IT focused contracts such as software and hardware procurement, software licensing, e-commerce terms and conditions and policies. He also has considerable expertise in matters such as IP licensing, research and development agreements, data protection and freedom of information.
David deals with a number of key clients in the education sector, including the University of Edinburgh and the University of St Andrews.
Trained Paull & Williamsons; qualified 1990; Dundas & Wilson 1992-2004; partner in corporate/technology 2001; partner Lindsays July 2004; head of corporate and technology group.
Robert Gordon’s College, Aberdeen; University of Aberdeen (LLB; Diploma in Legal Practice).
The corporate team at Lindsays is well regarded for its advice on M&A, private equity investments and employee ownership issues, working for clients in the hospitality, retail, healthcare, engineering, education and fintech industries. Practice head David Wood has over 30 years’ experience in commercial, corporate and transactional work, and has strong knowledge of IP commercialisation, IT law and data protection. Douglas Roberts is also recommended.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Property litigation