David Wood > Lindsays > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
19A CANNING STREET
- Go to...
Corporate, technology and education.
David is a partner and head of the corporate and technology group. He specialises in corporate sales, mergers and acquisitions, MBO’s, joint ventures, investments, fund raisings and all types of general commercial and contractual arrangements. He regularly gets involved in establishing corporate joint ventures, as well as significant collaborative partnerships, strategic commercial projects and documenting and negotiating shareholder agreements.
David also advises in relation to non-contentious IP and IT matters with an emphasis on IT focused contracts such as software and hardware procurement, software licensing, e-commerce terms and conditions and policies. He also has considerable expertise in matters such as IP licensing, research and development agreements, data protection and freedom of information.
David deals with a number of key clients in the education sector, including the University of Edinburgh and the University of St Andrews.
Trained Paull & Williamsons; qualified 1990; Dundas & Wilson 1992-2004; partner in corporate/technology 2001; partner Lindsays July 2004; head of corporate and technology group.
Robert Gordon’s College, Aberdeen; University of Aberdeen (LLB; Diploma in Legal Practice).
Scotland > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
Lindsays‘ corporate team stands out for the depth of its experience and partner-led service and is able to advise clients across a range of sectors. David Wood and his group provide tailored advice to family businesses and SMEs, including transaction advice, corporate governance and assistance with shareholder arrangements and joint ventures and a broad range of contractual issues. The arrival of Ian Mitchell in the Glasgow office from Shepherd and Wedderburn significantly strengthened the firm’s offering in the investment space. Douglas Roberts is another key name.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Human resources > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation