Kevin Barnett > Lester Aldridge LLP > Bournemouth, England > Lawyer Profile
Lester Aldridge LLP Offices
- Go to...
Employment & HR
Kevin Barnett is a Partner in the Employment & HR team.
Kevin has worked across both the public and private sectors, for high street practices, local authorities and RSLs. As a result of this diverse range of experience he has a good understanding of the various different pressures and considerations that apply when providing advice to individuals, businesses and public bodies.
Kevin is experienced in all aspects of employment law, both claimant and respondent, from drafting contracts and procedures, through to providing representation before tribunals in cases involving multiple claimants, and advising on dismissal and re-engagement procedures in relation to contract variations for 500 plus employees.
He has also acted for both applicants and local authorities in relation to a wide variety of licensing matters from the sale and supply of alcohol right through to the keeping of dangerous wild animals by private individuals. Having acted as legal adviser to a number of different licensing authorities, he is well-placed to advise on what is, and is not, likely to be acceptable to a local authority and how best to overcome any issues that may give rise for concern.
Previous private clients have included a number of care homes, several defence contractors, and numerous small enterprises, particularly in the retail sector. In addition to the public sector work undertaken as an employee, he has also acted for a number of other public bodies including the DWP, the Environment Agency and a local fire authority.
Kevin is admired for his pragmatic approach to most problems, and for finding solutions which minimise both cost and risk to clients.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Lester Aldridge LLP fields a highly regarded employment practice in the Dorset area. The team handles a range of matters for its clients, including due diligence, TUPE, restructuring, and assisting with the employment aspects of large corporate transactions. Practice head Kevin Barnett provides strategic advice to corporate clients, as well as handling complex whistleblowing and discrimination cases.
- Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall South West > Employment
- Leading individuals South West > Employment > Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate