Linda Jacques > Lester Aldridge LLP > Bournemouth, England > Lawyer Profile
Lester Aldridge LLP Offices
- Go to...
Marine/shipping and logistics.
Linda Jacques is a Partner in the Marine, Shipping & Logistics team.
Linda acts for clients all over the world and has an excellent understanding of trade issues which arise out of the carriage of goods by ship, air and land. It is common to find lawyers specialised in one of these fields but rarer to find a lawyer who fully appreciates the entire trade chain. She offers a pragmatic and incisive view to try and get issues and disputes resolved as cost effectively as possible.
Trained Halsey Lightly; qualified 1989; solicitor/partner Holman Fenwick 1989-2003; partner Lester Aldridge 2003 to present.
Associate member of BIFA
University of East Anglia (1987 LLB Hons); Guilford School of Law (1988).
The ’very creative and responsive’ Lester Aldridge LLP marine practice operates out of the Southampton and Bournemouth offices, specialising in the whole spectrum of litigious and transactional matters in shipping law. Southampton-based Russell Kelly has vast experience of advising national and international clients from the leisure marine and superyacht sectors, as well as handling complex contractual disputes which may arise. From Bournemouth, Linda Jacques leads on arbitration work involving contractual claims and the loss of cargo. Also in Southampton, Philippa Langton handles regulatory matters for shipowners and operators. Associate Lucy Goff is knowledgeable on professional negligence claims.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate