Andrew Pegg > Lanyon Bowdler > Telford, England > Lawyer Profile
Lanyon Bowdler Offices
- Go to...
Acts for a wide range of clients from individuals and SME’s to national and multi-national companies advising on a wide variety of disputed matters including contracts, negligence, nuisance, insolvency, land and judicial review. Particular sectors include manufacturing, construction and agriculture as well as professional negligence. Recent instructions include a multi-million pound dispute regarding manufacturing machinery and a complex contractual dispute regarding a long and ambiguous supply chain.
Head of Dispute Resolution
Joined Lanyon Bowdler as a trainee in 2001. Qualified in to the Dispute Resolution department as an assistant solicitor in 2003. Promoted to associate in 2011 and became a partner in 2013.
Westwood High School, Leek (1991 – 1996); The University of Leeds (1996 – 1999) (LLB (Hons)); The College of Law, York (1999 – 2000) (LPC).
Recently, Lanyon Bowdler has advised a number of clients on the impact of the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020 and assisted with credit control strategies to navigate the economic challenges caused by the pandemic. Andrew Pegg handles a broad portfolio of commercial disputes including insolvency and bankruptcy proceedings, with an emphasis on the agriculture sector. The ‘professional and approachable’ Lauren Weale stands out for her track record in enforcement proceedings, in which she represents local and national businesses.
Lanyon Bowdler has particular strength in manufacturing, construction and engineering disputes; it is also highly regarded for its strong track record in debt recovery proceedings, with an emphasis on the agriculture industry. Andrew Pegg, who is noted by clients for his ‘thorough and concise’ approach to cases, is highly regarded for shareholder and unfair prejudice litigation, in addition to his strong track record in insurance and construction disputes. Associate Claire Yardley is also a key member of the practice, and is recognised for her broad practice, which encompasses general commercial litigation and disputes in the agriculture sector.
- Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the West Midlands - West Midlands > Dispute resolution
- Debt recovery - West Midlands > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Private client > Family: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant