Andrew Pegg > Lanyon Bowdler > Telford, England > Lawyer Profile
Lanyon Bowdler Offices
- Go to...
Acts for a wide range of clients from individuals and SME’s to national and multi-national companies advising on a wide variety of disputed matters including contracts, negligence, nuisance, insolvency, land and judicial review. Particular sectors include manufacturing, construction and agriculture as well as professional negligence. Recent instructions include a multi-million pound dispute regarding manufacturing machinery and a complex contractual dispute regarding a long and ambiguous supply chain.
Head of Dispute Resolution
Joined Lanyon Bowdler as a trainee in 2001. Qualified in to the Dispute Resolution department as an assistant solicitor in 2003. Promoted to associate in 2011 and became a partner in 2013.
Westwood High School, Leek (1991 – 1996); The University of Leeds (1996 – 1999) (LLB (Hons)); The College of Law, York (1999 – 2000) (LPC).
One of Lanyon Bowdler‘s areas of strength is the agriculture sector; the firm is on the NFU panel for Shropshire, Herefordshire and Staffordshire. Its practice is also highly active in the manufacturing, construction and engineering industries. Practice head Andrew Pegg acts for a mix of West Midlands-based clients, and national and international companies. Pegg’s team covers a wide range of contentious commercial matters, including shareholder and partnership disputes, professional negligence claims and breaches of contract.
Lanyon Bowdler‘s debt recovery practice gained momentum in 2019, with the firm seeing an uptick in mandates, particularly those with a nexus to the agricultural sector. Debt recovery manager Lauren Weale acts for private individuals, local businesses and multinational companies. Andrew Pegg is another key figure in the group. Sian Samuel left the firm in December 2019.
- Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the West Midlands - West Midlands > Dispute resolution
- Debt recovery - West Midlands > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Planning