John Merry > Lanyon Bowdler > Telford, England > Lawyer Profile
Lanyon Bowdler Offices
- Go to...
John is the head of the employment department. He acts for employers of all sizes from small businesses to large national and international concerns, including in relation to business transfers, the preparation of contracts of employment, effecting dismissals and conducting in-house training.
John advises both employers and employees in connection with employment tribunal proceedings and appeals and is an experienced advocate.
Head of employment department.
1997 – 1999 Training Contract, Lanyon Bowdler
1999 – 2003 Assistant Solicitor, Lanyon Bowdler
2003 to date Partner, Lanyon Bowdler
Employment Lawyers Association.
The Mosslands School, Wallasey
University of Liverpool, LLB (Hons) 1995
College of Law Chester, LPC 1996
Lanyon Bowdler has a diverse practice that is recommended for its work on TUPE matters and on the employment aspects of business transfers. It is also skilled at advising schools and colleges. Head of department John Merry has a strong reputation for his work with farmers and growers. Other strengths lie in the group’s specialist advice to Court of Protection appointed deputies and case managers on the employment of carers. In addition it routinely advises employees on a myriad of other issues such as restrictive covenants and settlement agreements.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Private client > Family: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant