Kate Salter > Kingsley Napley LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Kingsley Napley LLP Offices
14 ST JOHN'S LANE
- Go to...
Kate is a Senior Associate in the Dispute Resolution team. She regularly acts for individuals in bringing and defending claims against estates, including claims for lack of capacity, want of knowledge and approval and undue influence. She also has broad experience in fraud and forgery claims and professional negligence relating to wills and trusts, as well as claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975. She also has expertise in claims involving trusts, acting for and advising professional and lay-trustees, as well as beneficiaries. Kate also acts in complex and high value commercial claims, including civil fraud cases and multi-jurisdictional disputes.
Kate regularly writes on trust and estate issues and developments, her content having been picked up and republished by other publications including Today’s Wills & Probate, ePrivateClient and LexisNexis.
Kate trained and qualified at Kingsley Napley in 2014 and became a senior associate in 2019.
Kate is a member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS). Kate is also an active member of the Contentious Trusts Association (ConTrA) and has been a Committee Member since 2017.
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Kingsley Napley LLP is an established name in the market for contentious estate disputes, particularly high-value and complex 1975 Act claims, will validity cases and proprietary estoppel claims. It frequently handles trust disputes that span multiple jurisdictions and involve serious allegations of breach of trust and fraud. The team combines expertise in private client litigation with considerable strength in criminal, fraud and media-related disputes. It routinely works with the firm’s Court of Protection practice to act on the behalf of deputies where there are allegations of serious wrongdoing or fraud, and alongside the family team to assist with high-value trust and divorce matters. Ryan Mowat heads the team, which also includes Kate Salter and Katherine Pymont.
- Rising stars - London > Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Contentious trusts and probate - London > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Employment > Immigration