Claire Brown > JMW Solicitors LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
JMW Solicitors LLP Offices
1 BYROM PLACE
- Go to...
Partner in the Commercial Litigation department. Claire has experience of handling a broad range of commercial disputes, including within the sporting sector. Such commercial disputes comprise contractual disputes – including for example warranty claims, breaches of restrictive covenants and misrepresentation claims – professional negligence claims, shareholder and partnership disputes and applications for injunctive relief.
Trainee Solicitor/Solicitor, Brown Turner Solicitors, Sept 2003 – March 2007
Solicitor/Associate/Senior Associate, Brabners LLP, March 2007 – February 2016
Senior Associate, Kennedys LLP, February 2016 – September 2016
Senior Associate/Partner, JMW Solicitors LLP, September 2016 to date
Bolton School Girls’ Division (1990-1997)
Leeds University (1997-2000)
College of Law (Chester) (2001-2003)
JMW Solicitors LLP provides legal support to high-profile clients throughout the sporting sector, most notably in boxing, football and golf. The team is led by Ben Peppi and Stephen Taylor Heath, the latter noted for his expertise across boxing and football and work on multi-jurisdictional broadcast agreements for major events. Claire Brown is another key member of the team, specialising in sports-related disputes.
Following Marc Yaffe‘s internal relocation to a management position, the team at JMW Solicitors LLP is now under the capable leadership of Steve Morris, whose expertise spans contractual and shareholder disputes, warranty and fraud claims, fraud, professional negligence, and obtaining and defending injunctions. Other key practitioners include Graham Small, who oversees business interruption insurance claims within the practice, and Claire Brown, whose area of expertise covers all mandates with a nexus to sports law. Also of note was Rebecca Young‘s promotion to partner in May 2021.
- Next Generation Partners - North West > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Commercial litigation: Manchester - North West > Dispute resolution
- Sport - North West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general crime and fraud
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Construction