Rebecca Young > JMW Solicitors LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
JMW Solicitors LLP Offices
1 BYROM PLACE
- Go to...
Commercial Litigation: Media and Reputation Management; Intellectual Property.
Rebecca is a Partner at JMW. Rebecca frequently advises clients in complex, high value disputes, that may involve a consideration of a range of legal issues during the lifetime of the case. Rebecca advises on a range of legal issues including corporate disputes, contractual disputes, intellectual property matters and reputation management issues.
Trained at Pannone LLP (2009-2011) and qualified into the Commercial Litigation team; Slater and Gordon (2014-2017) following part of the Commercial Litigation team of Pannone LLP having been acquired; BLM (2017-2019) following the Business Advisory department at Slater and Gordon acquired; JMW Solicitors LLP (July 2019 – current).
Women and the Law UK and Business
Manchester Metropolitan university, Law School
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
JMW Solicitors LLP provides specialist media and reputation management advice to an array of clients, including reality TV stars, sportspeople, high net worth individuals and businesses. The team also offers expertise in data right claims and harassment actions. Rebecca Young advises clients on advertising and protecting and enforcing their intellectual property rights.
Following Marc Yaffe‘s internal relocation to a management position, the team at JMW Solicitors LLP is now under the capable leadership of Steve Morris, whose expertise spans contractual and shareholder disputes, warranty and fraud claims, fraud, professional negligence, and obtaining and defending injunctions. Other key practitioners include Graham Small, who oversees business interruption insurance claims within the practice, and Claire Brown, whose area of expertise covers all mandates with a nexus to sports law. Also of note was Rebecca Young‘s promotion to partner in May 2021.
- Media and entertainment - North West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Next Generation Partners - North West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Commercial litigation: Manchester - North West > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general crime and fraud
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Construction